[RESOLVED]Anybody Who Can Understand Logs?

Thank you!

Just tried tweaking with the cores to just run on 0 and 2 (I have an i5). Nothing. Deleted the Saved Games / DCS folder - still no joy...

I will report to the devs. Yeah, we may never hear back but at least to make our voices heard.

System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if my system might be running hot? Sometimes it won't start to stutter for 5min. I wonder if it's because it's building up heat. Not sure why other games run ok though?

Is there a software I can install to check my temps, fan speed etc?

Buzz

HWinfo and Asus Suite, CoreTemp... those I use

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• ED Team

Hi guys,

I have been watching this thread, but not replied as you have been getting some great advice already.

The stutter problems are difficult to diagnose, I have seen users who have had good results just from tweaking a little and others who no matter what they try nothing seems to work.

With so many system setups out there with various hardware / software / settings / bios it has been very frustrating trying to find the real problem, it seems to be different for so many.

I have seven different DCS builds ( public and test ) and I do not see any stutter, which makes it even more frustrating trying to find the problem myself.

I would like to see your dxdiag if you wouldn't mind, feel free to attach it here or get it to me in a PM and I will take a look.

If you have not done a clean up and repair a guide is in my signature, worth a shot before I suggest anything else.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thanks, for the dxdiag I will take a look.

the new windows 10 has moved to powershell,

in powershell type cmd and then continue as instructed in the tutorial

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BIGNEWY,

Attached is my dxdiag. I have tried the repair and the clean up per your video (excellent tutorial!).

Thank you!

DxDiag.txt

Edited by SharkBait

System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

• ED Team
Thanks BIGNEWY,

Attached is my dxdiag. I have tried the repair and the clean up per your video (excellent tutorial!).

Thank you!

Thanks sharkBait, I do already have yours, I am helping the ED team with the support ticket you have in :)

Buzzu,

what's the current status ??

PM me if you think a Teamviewer session could help.

Meanwhile, look at this vid ( its mostly boring but I have most graphs on, that was the reason to publish ). You can see how the server effects players fps ( towards end of mission , 2,5h, and that different airframes tax differently, the Ka-50 being the most taxing of them all I own.

..and yes... I made it back with the SU-25T in 1 piece, belly landed. Sad you dont hear TS and you dont see the 2 Mig21's covering us...was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8sASzfShns

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

My current status is the same Bit. Stutters no matter what I do. I don't know what TeamViewer is, so I don't know what you're asking me. I don't play online yet. Until I can learn a plane and get rid of the stutters. I don't see any sense in it.

To be honest i've about given up on DCS until I see a fix. Very disappointed.

Buzz

check your pagefile settings make sure it's system managed on yor drives, turn it off on the HDD only run it on the SSD, I have huge stutters if I run a pagefile on my HDD turnuing if off it runs like butter smooth now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

check your pagefile settings make sure it's system managed on yor drives, turn it off on the HDD only run it on the SSD, I have huge stutters if I run a pagefile on my HDD turnuing if off it runs like butter smooth now

My HDD is empty. I just use the SSD.

Buzz

Cap your framerate at perhaps 80fps.It will be smoother as you look around.

The stutter could be the gfx card stepping down as it reaches its vmax temperature.

It's capped at 60 fps when I use vsync. Still stutters.

Buzz

Monitor your gfx temp when you see stuttering...I would expect to see it near its vmax when this is happening...especially with a reference nvidia cooler.

Bouncing between 79 degC and 80 degC.

Turning the fan speed up while playing DCS works for me.

Not sure if its any help but good luck with this issue.

Ok, I installed a software program to check temps. I ran DCS for 5 min and it was stuttering.

I checked the program and the max temp for the cpu's was 64C. The GPU was 47C .

Heat is not the problem.

Wait! I just Googled my temps and it says 60C is the max the CPU should be. Is that right?

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

• ED Team
Ok, I installed a software program to check temps. I ran DCS for 5 min and it was stuttering.

I checked the program and the max temp for the cpu's was 64C. The GPU was 47C .

Heat is not the problem.

Wait! I just Googled my temps and it says 60C is the max the CPU should be. Is that right?

60C is fine I think, sure they will go up to 80C at full load, if I am wrong someone will say something :)

I was going to go into bios to check things and I got a program that showed temps, settings etc. I was wondering why a gaming system wouldn't have a program like this. I just didn't know how to get to it and the system came with no manual. Now I know F2 at startup brings up the program. It had 4 settings for the fans. It was on normal. There was also power save, turbo, and manual. I changed it to turbo. I'll see how that works. It also had a turbo setting for the GPU. I turned it on to see if I notice anything different.

CPU has definitely been OC'd to 4.5, but I see no way to change it. It won't let me in the bios.

I'll go try DCS to see if the fan setting helps. Should I set the fans on manual and crank them to 100%?

You didn't see anything in my Dxdiag file?

Buzz

• ED Team
You didn't see anything in my Dxdiag file?

Nothing unusual, other than your display driver is not digitally signed,

Display Tab 1: The file C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_58db05fb768d8c2d\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_58db05fb768d8c2d\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_58db05fb768d8c2d\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_58db05fb768d8c2d\nvldumdx.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

have you tried using DDU cleaner http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

and then use the latest drivers from NVIDIA? http://www.geforce.com/drivers

I use hardware monitor for my temps http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Edited by BIGNEWY