Fly For Real

BuzzU

The G-6 ("Black 8") is not a Buchon conversion. Being a restoration of a crashed aircraft, there may ofcourse be a Buchon-based part here and there, but it's not just a Messerschmitt data plate riveted to a re-nosed HA-1112. However, the G-12 (two seater) they're selling is based on a Buchon.

Thanks for the tip, I wasn't sure. Anyway still the "restoration" trick, even though it's a newly built aircraft after all.

The G-6 ("Black 8") is not a Buchon conversion. Being a restoration of a crashed aircraft, there may ofcourse be a Buchon-based part here and there, but it's not just a Messerschmitt data plate riveted to a re-nosed HA-1112. However, the G-12 (two seater) they're selling is based on a Buchon.
Still they also say (if it hasn't been changed in the latest days) it was built by Messerschmitt :doh: .

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

oh god men i fell in love with that 1995 CANADAIR CF5D its just so freaking beautiful

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

At least Meier Motors doesn't try to hide the fact that the G-12 used to be a Buchon: http://www.meiermotors.com/index.php/aircraft/messerschmitt-bf109/messerschmitt-bf109-g-12?showall=1&limitstart= (in German, but probably google translatable into something understandable for those who don't speak it).

I assume that a complete rebuild history would be provided by Platinum Fighters to anyone considering buying this aircraft, so it's not like they're trying to fool someone into buying counterfeit goods.

I assume that a complete rebuild history would be provided by Platinum Fighters to anyone considering buying this aircraft, so it's not like they're trying to fool someone into buying counterfeit goods.
As I said I don't think so, nor I think anyone buying the aircraft for such and amount of money will just through it without any previous research. What is obvious here is that a "German built" tag is clearly used as a decoy and excuse for a ridiculously high price. Not my problem though as I'm not buying that warbird, just saying.

Look at Platinum Fighters description (I have to think provided by seller). Not a single mention to G-12 being a Buchon first, then a G-2 or G-4, IIRC, "restoration", or better said conversion.

Aircraft:

Manufacturer: Messerschmitt

Make: Bf-109

Model: G-12

Year: 1944

Restored by Meier Motors

History: The Messerschmitt BF-109G-12 is the trainer version of the Messerschmitt BF-109G. Starting in 1944, some BF-109G-2, BF-109G-3, BF-109G-4, and BF-109G-6's were converted to two seat trainers and designated as BF-109G-12;s. A second cockpit was installed for the instructor behind the pilot and a elongated canopy added. The so-called Rustsatze filed modification kits and Umrust-Bausatze factory conversion kits were part of a system promulgated by the RLM throughout the German military aviation industry.

http://www.platinumfighters.com/messerschmitt-bf109g12

I'm not really sure about the commented G-6 not being a similar case. And it's even worst as I follow Meier motors in FB for the updates in restorations they perform (for instance they are currently working at an ex-Spanish Emil 1, though it seems they will be building an E-4 out of it…), but this G-6 is a bit of a mystery as it just popped up almost already in working condition and finished without much of a previous notice. Curiously enough, the several Texas barn Buchones were sold like a year ago, and now all of a sudden we have like 4-5 "new" Messerschmitt Bf109G reaching for the skies? :huh: Hmmmm, something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care for people paying more or less for the aircraft, that's not my point, but Buchon is still a Spanish built model and Spanish aeronautical History, so making them disappear saying they are German built just to raise the price tag is a big shame.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice