power set lim ???

It depends.

Where and how are you flying. Hot and high perhaps and the kamov will not climb in the hover with a proper full weaponized load?

firstly do you understand how the collective, altitude hold and collective brake works together.... the collective brake is real important as the altitude hold will work against you unless the collective brake is depressed.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Secondly, The KA-50 is a cracking bit of kit. She is automated to look after you.

It sounds like you desire your objective more than your virtual life, and this I get. medals are given to the ones that push well beyond the limits.

Once the engine LIM (limits) are met the governor cuts off further fuel to the engines to reduce the chances of overheating the engines and ultimately popping an engine and losing everything..... but what the hell does a machine know?

If possible a small circular flight path behind your cover may help you gain height.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Thirdly the engine differential control handles may be of help.

but you gotta watch your temps and shed weight fast (release weapon)!

If the engines are getting far too hot, jettison the unguided rockets without a second thought!

Nobody gives medals for bringing home unguided rockets.

If the temps keep rising break off, rotate and accelerate, get cool air through your beautiful engines.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

If you want to test out more power just for fun, then just turn off the governors, nobody will yell at you if you break something. ;)

I will! All the way through the Internet he'll hear me yelling and screaming in agony because I care so much about these virtual engines... :D

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that disabling the electronic governors and overloading the engines will destroy them VERY quickly.

Doing a full collective vertical climb, you can blow both of them before reaching 2km.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.