Your best 109 replays - Post them here!

Charly_Owl

p9VYfj4dX5k

Didn't know i had little space left on hdd when recording so last part is in tackview recorded.

Hi otto

Thanks for the video

But, how come your view system looks like that?

To me it doesn't look very realistic?

As far as I know, the Bf 109 was known for its limited view for the pilot?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

amazing how you keep them in your view without trackIR ... AND you avoid collission! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Hi otto

Thanks for the video

But, how come your view system looks like that?

To me it doesn't look very realistic?

As far as I know, the Bf 109 was known for its limited view for the pilot?

That's how it's implemented by ED.I have nothing against a more restrictive FOV.I've never sat in a 109 i don't know how it is.

But the thing is i'm flying with my left or right hand on the stick(i can use both hands just as well),while i use the mouse to look around while i use the 8 way hat to move head position left,right up and down while i take the hand of the stick to use throttle while i use the hand to change flaps settings and the list goes on.

That's also not realistic because it's much harder to do trust me than the classic Trackir Hotas. I forgot: i also use two buttons for head posstion front and back inside cockpit so that's hat swich + two buttons to move around head position and the mouse to rotate head position.

Edited by otto

I fly only using the mouse(mini stick) to look around, simply because its kind of a lot like the time it takes to turn ones own head... but I have no problem with pilots who do use the hat or the trackir which I do own #5, but stopped using it a few years ago...like Otto said, that's the game design, and others on-line are doing it too , I would think..:)

That's how it's implemented by ED.I have nothing against a more restrictive FOV.I've never sat in a 109 i don't know how it is.

But the thing is i'm flying with my left or right hand on the stick(i can use both hands just as well),while i use the mouse to look around while i use the 8 way hat to move head position left,right up and down while i take the hand of the stick to use throttle while i use the hand to change flaps settings and the list goes on.

That's also not realistic because it's much harder to do trust me than the classic Trackir Hotas. I forgot: i also use two buttons for head posstion front and back inside cockpit so that's hat swich + two buttons to move around head position and the mouse to rotate head position.

I fly only using the mouse(mini stick) to look around, simply because its kind of a lot like the time it takes to turn ones own head... but I have no problem with pilots who do use the hat or the trackir which I do own #5, but stopped using it a few years ago...like Otto said, that's the game design, and others on-line are doing it too , I would think..:)

Well, it was not so much the movement I was considering, more the fact that 109 was known for a quite restricted view from the cockpit, a typical handicap in dogfights.

And then I found it funny with the extremely good view in the video, when compared to the big discussions elsewhere focusing on the flight model, that seemingly can never be realistic enough. :)

Anyway, I stick to my standard TrackIR view, combined with zoom.

For me it is an interesting challenge to try to manage the limited view, and enables me better to set myself in the shoes of the German pilots, so to speak.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Well, it was not so much the movement I was considering, more the fact that 109 was known for a quite restricted view from the cockpit, a typical handicap in dogfights.

And i have no problem if that view is restricted to death.I defeated spitfires in il2 by the hundreds in IL2 1946 with a far worse rear vision practicly O in the g4 and g6 early.

And then I found it funny with the extremely good view in the video, when compared to the big discussions elsewhere focusing on the flight model, that seemingly can never be realistic enough. :)

-First of all if this flight model doesn't calculate the MW50 tank weight.Than it's a problem

-Second if the high speed implementation of forced infringes low speed stick accuracy that's another clear problem.

- FYI i asked for climb level for 109 to be reduced, i spoke that taking the G suit out of the p51 is a poor choice in not very nice terms to ED. And i also said that spitfire should have 25 lbs fuel and P51 75 HG even 81 is no problem for me.So i'm not all "Oh the 109 should be the best mua ha ha ha "

That "extremely" good view from the cockpit can be achieved easy with Trackir also.Watch WW2 Multiplayer Victorys Compilation by Apeoftheyear.

The only reason i got this "Fantastic view" which by the way i don't like because i can't shoot properly when so far zoomed out is because i got so many buttons to push for head position that i accidentaly roll the zoom wheel on the mouse too far. That's the big secret :megalol:.

Yu can put your trackir down and get this biiiig andvantage i got and if you get one kill i'll be amazed :doh:.

For me it is an interesting challenge to try to manage the limited view, and enables me better to set myself in the shoes of the German pilots, so to speak.

Yes the WW II zoom for blue and red... I never did understood its use in any other viewing other than looking at ones own gauges(the lean forward)...those pilots back then did not use binoculars in a dog fight, like we do in all of our sims...really ridicules, with no victory truly legitimate

Yes the WW II zoom for blue and red... I never did understood its use in any other viewing other than looking at ones own gauges(the lean forward)...those pilots back then did not use binoculars in a dog fight, like we do in all of our sims...really ridicules, with no victory truly legitimate

Hehe, I know the zoom is not that realistic as well. :)

However I partly use it to overcome the problems with the point of view models in the game:

At one zoom level you can see the other aircraft, at others they become invisible, then visible again, even if you should be able to see them all the time.

The other reason I use it is my not so good eyesight anymore.

so see it as mimicking a younger eyesight. ;)

But anyway, my whole comment was mostly caused by my amusement over "realism, realism" when it comes to the flight model, but "it's how the game is" when it comes to the view system. ;) :D

System specs:

Otto,

excellent video and combat performance.

Regarding the view perspective in DCS, specially when Zoom axis is used, I never liked it the way it is implemented because it overly distorts under some angles.

As for the flight dynamics, I think the 109 is now close to PERFECT. The control stiffness with higher IAS is realistic ( Klaus Plasa confirmed this to me ) and I do believe they solved the filled MW50 tank bug, although the GW still displays the same on the Mission Editor. For me it's evident on the trim changes after the latest patch, when I use a mission and fly it with MW50 vs Empty...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Otto,

excellent video and combat performance.

Regarding the view perspective in DCS, specially when Zoom axis is used, I never liked it the way it is implemented because it overly distorts under some angles.

I don't like it either . I prever the way it was done in Il2 1946 (Close, medium, far where far is limited of corse).

I don't like it either . I prever the way it was done in Il2 1946 (Close, medium, far where far is limited of corse).

Hi,

you can get very close to old IL2 behavior if you edit the file Views.lua (e.g. Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4).

There are key commands fore each setting. min FoV = RShft+KB*, default = KBEnter and max FoV = RShft+KB/.

You can change the values for all three FoV settings in Views.lua.

CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.000000,120.000000}, --min FoV, max FoV [RShft+KB*,RShft+KB/]

tab.viewAngle = tab.viewAngle or 80 -- default Fov [KBEnter] (you need to change the value 80)

For 1920x1080 i limited my max FoV to 105 and default to 65 irc.

With my new 21:9 (3440x1440) i use 120 as max FoV and 80 as default FoV.

Now, you can programm your joystick sw to simulate the keyboard keys.

This is how i did it.

greez mugen

GIGABYTE Z690 Aorus Elite | i5-12600K | 32 GB DDR4 | 2x 980 NVMe | RTX 4090 | OR CV1 | Pimax 8K | PC360 | 34UM95 | 38GN950 | TIR5 + Track Clip Pro | T-50CM2 | TM Warthog + 27,5 cm extension | MFG Crosswind | Win10Pro x64

Hi,

you can get very close to old IL2 behavior if you edit the file Views.lua (e.g. Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4).

There are key commands fore each setting. min FoV = RShft+KB*, default = KBEnter and max FoV = RShft+KB/.

CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.000000,120.000000}, --min FoV, max FoV [RShft+KB*,RShft+KB/]

tab.viewAngle = tab.viewAngle or 80 -- default Fov [KBEnter] (you need to change the value 80)

This is how i did it.

greez mugen

Interesting! Thx for sharing...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I use the following settings with the keybinds "zoom in", "zoom out" and "zoom normal" setup on my joystick coolie hat. This basically gives me 3 usable zoom levels with FOV at 30, 90, and 110 for my 1080p 24" display. Works like a charme. :thumbup:

CameraViewAngleLimits = {30.000000,110.000000},

tab.viewAngle = tab.viewAngle or 90

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Hi,

This is how i did it.

greez mugen

I use the following settings with the keybinds "zoom in", "zoom out" and "zoom normal" setup on my joystick coolie hat. This basically gives me 3 usable zoom levels with FOV at 30, 90, and 110 for my 1080p 24" display. Works like a charme. :thumbup:

CameraViewAngleLimits = {30.000000,110.000000},

tab.viewAngle = tab.viewAngle or 90

Interesting information, thanks.

That is actually inspiring. :)

For me it would be ok if ED implemented something like that.

Preferably adjusted depending on one's display setup, like shown in mugen's post.

I'd like to keep the zoom on an axis also, but it could be limited to mimic how we "zoom in" when focusing on something in the far distance, and how we "zoom out" to use the outer edges of our vision.

It's a very subjective matter though, I guess.

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

• 4 weeks later...

:megalol::joystick::pilotfly:

drunk latenight attempt on an AI ....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

A delight to watch all those 51's being obliterated I am so falling in love with this 109 the more I fly her especially at high altitude as long as you don't forget to turn your oxygen on after the big climb ! Would be nice to have some sort of grey out or slowing down of processing when oxygen is lacking ? guess it's easier just to black him out code wise.

• 4 weeks later...

wZlguXL5JuE

Most 109 kills without mw50 ,with idle throttle and combat flaps (Because controls get locked very easy when flying fast).

I've practiced on seeing targets from great height for hours on end . It will not matter if i fly a k4 ar a G2 from 1942 when booming them from far above.

wZlguXL5JuE

Most 109 kills without mw50 ,with idle throttle and combat flaps (Because controls get locked very easy when flying fast).

I've practiced on seeing targets from great height for hours on end . It will not matter if i fly a k4 ar a G2 from 1942 when booming them from far above.

Very nice video. :)

Can I ask, what is yourt "combat flaps" setting?

System specs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Edited by DefaultFace
  • Like 1

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 1 month later...

Somehow I put myself in this situation often.....

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

true ... he got holes all over his plane except the engine ^^

Screen_161009_223259.thumb.jpg.37b02d4aa4059a4e8380f48efe59fff2.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...