Gazelle Flight Dynamics... Again. - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #141
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 43
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragBum View Post
Thanks, I'm curious to see if there are differences between versions of DCS world so time permitting will have a look.
Well, the main difference is Nevada is at 2.000+ feet above ground level.
In addition, if realistic temps are used by the mission designer it mostly is warmer as it is a desert after all.
So the performance in a different environment is definitely different.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 7 | i7 2600K@4.4GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 970 4GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker Soundmod & 2x Basspump III
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | 2 Somikon 7" screens for the MFDs...| a hand made UFC
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #142
MAD_MIKE
Veteran

Reputation power: 26
MAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of lightMAD_MIKE is a glorious beacon of light

Decrypt me please this on page 5&6, paragraphs 13-17 http://www.easa.europa.eu/system/fil...1-07012014.pdf I wish to know, where is located the center of gravity of Gazelle.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:28 PM   #143
shagrat
ED Translator

shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_MIKE View Post
Decrypt me please this on page 5&6, paragraphs 13-17 http://www.easa.europa.eu/system/fil...1-07012014.pdf I wish to know, where is located the center of gravity of Gazelle.
My guess would be: (...)"14. Datum: Longitudinal 3m (9,84 ft) forward of main rotor centreline
Lateral aircraft symmetry plane"(...) EDIT. This would be the "ref" mentioned above, I guess.

that is for an unarmed civil Gazelle S-342J, NOT an SA-342M with Viviane (APX 397) sight or an SA-342L with fixed attached GIAT M621 20mm Cannon and Athena(?) sight.

The modelled version in DCS is a SA-342 M with the APX 397 sight and a SA-342L with slightly altered characteristics, though I am not 100% sure if they changed only some details or remodeled the FM for the L and Mistral Version.

Non, of the Versions in DCS is a civilian SA-342J, so the data won't match anwyway.

It may give a "rough" idea about performance, but it can't be accurate, as additional gear (weight/shifted center of gravity) comes with the sights, cables, TV, batteries and the pylon assemblies for the weapons. The L has a fixed cannon mounted on one side.

With the SA-342 being very lightweight, these additional weights will have a considerable impact.

Win 7 | i7 2600K@4.4GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 970 4GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker Soundmod & 2x Basspump III
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | 2 Somikon 7" screens for the MFDs...| a hand made UFC

Last edited by shagrat; 04-28-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:58 PM   #144
Ramsay

Reputation power: 8
Ramsay is a jewel in the roughRamsay is a jewel in the roughRamsay is a jewel in the roughRamsay is a jewel in the roughRamsay is a jewel in the roughRamsay is a jewel in the roughRamsay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_MIKE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
My guess would be: (...)"14. Datum: Longitudinal 3m (9,84 ft) forward of main rotor centreline
Lateral aircraft symmetry plane"(...) EDIT. This would be the "ref" mentioned above, I guess
The datum and CoG limits are shown diagrammatically in the Gazelle Weights and Balances Appendix WB1, page 198 of the SA-341G manual

AFAIK the Gazelle body is effectively a suspended load hanging from the rotating main rotor/masthead. Appendix includes a list of loading options and equipment weights but obviously does not include the Viviane Camera, HOT3, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SA-341G_Weights_and_Balances.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	161434  

Last edited by Ramsay; 04-28-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:42 PM   #145
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
The datum and CoG limits are shown diagrammatically in the Gazelle Weights and Balances Appendix WB1, page 198 of the SA-341G manual

AFAIK the Gazelle body is effectively a suspended load hanging from the rotating main rotor/masthead. Appendix includes a list of loading options and equipment weights but obviously does not include equipment like the Viviane Camera, HOT3, etc.
Looks about right. I would expect the Viviane to change it away from the Cabin Floor and a bit left and to the Front...

TM HOTAS Warthog