How to add AI wingman in mission editor

Viluah21

Hey lads!

Yesterday, trying to setup a custom mission in the mission editor I came along a problem - the wingmen I added weren't fully functional. They did indeed follow me but didn't follow any of my orders (formation orders, reconnaisance orders and such) and did not even bother to reply. Anyways it might be a problem of misconfiguration. All I did was adding another AI Black Shark to the group, but I did not find any other options such as assigning them as wingmen.

Anyways, is there anyone who could help me out with this trouble?

Thanks in advance,

Viluah21

Hey lads!

Yesterday, trying to setup a custom mission in the mission editor I came along a problem - the wingmen I added weren't fully functional. They did indeed follow me but didn't follow any of my orders (formation orders, reconnaisance orders and such) and did not even bother to reply. Anyways it might be a problem of misconfiguration. All I did was adding another AI Black Shark to the group, but I did not find any other options such as assigning them as wingmen.

Anyways, is there anyone who could help me out with this trouble?

Thanks in advance,

Viluah21

Following units are just following you, nothing else

Try to increase the numbers of the unit, "1" of "1"

Increase the last number to how many wingmen you want

Following units are just following you, nothing else

Try to increase the numbers of the unit, "1" of "1"

Increase the last number to how many wingmen you want

That's exactly how I added the other unit. I'm 1/2 and he's 2/2.

Just show you what kind of actions editor are featured.Now if you add a wingman these functions are usable with it.

Select your wingman and open menus shown my firts post.

Activate "follow" to your wingman (altitude and distance as you decide)and point out the stuff that it will have to follow:your aircraft.

select formation and actions that the wingman have to do while flying.

give it a try:

your mission redo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfhabv4okgf05q7/KA-50_Memes.miz?dl=0

will see that your wingman following you.With editor it remain to you point out what actions you need wingman to do.

send a MP if you need more accurate infos

see you

Edited by cromhunt

Just show you what kind of actions editor are featured.Now if you add a wingman these functions are usable with it.

Select your wingman and open menus shown my firts post.

Activate "follow" to your wingman (altitude and distance as you decide)and point out the stuff that it will have to follow:your aircraft.

select formation and actions that the wingman have to do while flying.

give it a try:

your mission redo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfhabv4okgf05q7/KA-50_Memes.miz?dl=0

will see that your wingman following you.With editor it remain to you point out what actions you need wingman to do.

send a MP if you need more accurate infos

see you

The problem is that I want the wingman to listen to my orders, not just fly around after me in some formation.

Then are you on the same frequency?

Yep same frequency on both player and wingman.

• 1 month later...
Aware of that, thank you for the solution suggestion.

Ok, tried the Shark after some time and everything worked for me.

Step by step:

1 Verify "easy communication" in the Options menu is turned off (not ticked)

2 Quickly created a mission with 2 Ka-50's, me in the first one, second one wingman set to AI. Left the comms frequency at default 124 MHz AM.

3 Started it up, turned on all the radios, verified AM/FM switch in the AM position, tuned 124.000 using the wheels, verified radio selection knob was turned to VHF(2).

4 Took off, wingman messaged me that he was rejoining formation, gave a few orders using the RAlt (plus) \ comms menu (change formation, hold position, rejoin etc.), wingman always responded and obeyed.

If this doesn't help, try repairing your DCS World installation.