What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

• ED Team
i voted 5,6, and 9

really not sure what ed is thinking here.

Something like, Oh hey cool we made a P-51, lets give it to the public it turned out cool, and it wont affect the release of our next modern fighter... something like that I imagine is what they were thinking... ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ED has made the best sims ever so far, why don't you people just trust them to make some more?

The train station sells tickets to many destinations... you buy the ticket you want for the destination you want: but don't tell the station to stop selling tickets for Boston 'cause you don't like Boston.

And i can't wait to fly any new DSC sim, except for a Wright brother's plane sim... Unless you mount a GAU 8 on it.

GAU-8 i love you so much. You're so hot you need to spin to stay cool.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

Why deny people their chance to voice their opinion?! If you don't like it, ignore it, or post your opinion to debate the topic.

I deny nothings to noone...eveyone has his opinion and shall have the opportunity to talk about that. That´s not what I am talking about. I just said that all the things you just said here, are already been mentioned, complained and what not doznes of times...more than enough.

please please read that here and finally understand this!!!! (talking to everyone)

ED is not working against us, they are expanding their market. In fact it is an advantage for us. You want a new grafic engine? thats expensive as hell..so let them earn their money and we WILL have a new engine one day.

1.) It secures their position on the market

2.) It makes them earning more money, which ends up in more modules and features for us.

3.) Further Modules are currently developed in parallel, so no fear of no further jet modules

4.) No artificial created delay by this module

...OK...FC3 is delaying a lot and this is actually not needed...but this is my opionion

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

The market demands an FC3, that's all there is to that.

...OK...FC3 is delaying a lot and this is actually not needed...but this is my opionion

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

(...)

(...)

Without FC3 ED could lose FC2 community/customers. (edit: argh ;))

Anyway lets hope that at least P51 wont affect current A10C/BS2 support. Are there already some news about patch 1.1.1.2 ? ;)

Edited by sorcer3r

@GGTharos and Sorcer3r, I know about the FC3 importance and position within the ED products...but talking about about opinions...well thats mine :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

I deny nothings to noone...eveyone has his opinion and shall have the opportunity to talk about that. That´s not what I am talking about. I just said that all the things you just said here, are already been mentioned, complained and what not doznes of times...more than enough.

please please read that here and finally understand this!!!! (talking to everyone)

ED is not working against us, they are expanding their market. In fact it is an advantage for us. You want a new grafic engine? thats expensive as hell..so let them earn their money and we WILL have a new engine one day.

2.) It makes them earning more money, which ends up in more modules and features for us.

3.) Further Modules are currently developed in parallel, so no fear of no further jet modules

4.) No artificial created delay by this module

Yes, all good points, but IMO

The same opinion expressed by more than one person gives that opinion greater merit and weight. The chances of being heard are greater.

Get a DCS JetFighter out the door first, so that there is such an aircraft available now in the DCS environment. Right now, there is only A2G. Then, do projects like this to make money. Talk about parallel development all you want, maybe in programming, but not in the other areas of business, marketing, sales etc. Many of these areas I bet ED do one at a time, and to have all this other stuff, Combined Arms, FC3, P-51 come out first blows chunks :) Of course, for all I know, ED NEEDS to do these things first, and there is no other way around it. That is what we are forgetting. They are a business and we will never know all they need to do.

Edited by Crunch

No, I don't think it would. And we're not talking arcade here; while there's a lot missing from the FC2 aircraft, they're not arcade and ... besides, are you going to uncheck forced realistic avionics and flight model on your server for DCS: Fighter Jet? I think not.

The vast majority of flight sim players want a middle-of-the-way sim. You support them first, or you get no hard-core sim, unless you exit retail flight sim business.

Why not DCS:Fighter Jet with arcade mode. Would that not satisfy the same customer base as well as the 'hard core'?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

DCS is like transformers. There's more to it than meets the eye. :)

Of course, for all I know, ED NEEDS to do these things first, and there is no other way around it. That is what we are forgetting. They are a business and we will never know all they need to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It isn't that bad. I would say that despite being able to start engines in one minute, if you space the operational bases apart properly, that won't matter one bit, and the features on board hard-core vehicles will probably give you an advantage over the middle-of-the-way vehicles. ;)

In the meantime, you can also have all that DACT that you know and love ... even though you guys tries to equalize things. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crunch, I totally understand your feelings and frustrations. I do feel as well as you do...believe me. But be honest, what can we do against this? Nothings. These are strict market related decisions made by a market dependent developer. Only thing we can do is living with that and supporting the developer by buying their products, even if we dont like the one or other product (by the way the only current one which is enabling to live our dreams).

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Not to distract from this thread, but when DCS Fighter comes out, it will attract the attention of the entire flight simming community, and in turn the wider gaming audience to a lesser extent. DCS Fighter is of the utmost importance to ED, and will determine their future success or eventual fade into obscurity, which is why they must get it right. This means having much of the features a great simulation is expected to have (such as a great campaign, excellent online play, wonderfull modding capability, and of course modelling of the aircraft in exquisite detail). I know ED is capable of two of those, but hopefully they can also improve in areas such as their campaign system and their modding capability (the are signs this is happening). The thing I am looking forward to seeing the most is how their mission generator system progresses, hopefully towards something which resembles an unfolding campaign.

But anyway, back to the mustang. Everyone needs a midlife crisis, even ED.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

Mysterious Mode ON:

My guess on the strange Information and release behaviour is that ED has another instance ontop where they have to obey to. Those seems not to think in our manners (type of order of to be released modules which makes sense etc.). Those people seems to think as buiseness people do...how to make the best money and this quite fast and quite a lot. Thus they order ED to develop this and release that.

It wouldn´t make me wonder if the one or other developer Team member is sitting in front of this forum and crying to the screen..."yes, you guys are right...we actually wont do that...but we have to!!" :music_whistling:

Mysterious Mode OFF :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Since when has time-frame been relevant in the Digital Combat Simulator series?

Yeah Right so next plane is what ?

Sopwhip camel ? VS fokker E3 ?

I don t know about you guys, but if you don t know, but just to stay on todays possibilities and not the past:

WW1 theres Rise of Flight

WW2 theres CloD

We lack: Vietnam

So maybe realeasing some old F4, M21, F21, A7, Mig19 would be more interesting to the comunity than a paying for a P51.

And i guess collecting data and realeasing them will be far easyer than real modern planes, and military won t be picky about that.

And again, you ll get huge attetion from the simmers.

FC3 is clearly acceptable, P51, for me, is a very bad signal.

It feel like, "OMG we need money! Let push things out of the closet and sell everything on Ebay."

I really hope i m wrong on that assumption...because this is bothering me far more than a useless P51 on present FLOT.

• Like 2

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• ED Team
Yeah Right so next plane is what ?

Sopwhip camel ? VS fokker E3 ?

I don t know about you guys, but if you don t know, but just to stay on todays possibilities and not the past:

WW1 theres Rise of Flight

WW2 theres CloD

We lack: Vietnam

So maybe realeasing some old F4, M21, F21, A7, Mig19 would be more interesting to the comunity than a paying for a P51.

And i guess collecting data and realeasing them will be far easyer than real modern planes, and military won t be picky about that.

And again, you ll get huge attetion from the simmers.

FC3 is clearly acceptable, P51, for me, is a very bad signal.

It feel like, "OMG we need money! Let push things out of the closet and sell everything on Ebay."

I really hope i m wrong on that assumption...because this is bothering me far more than a useless P51 on present FLOT.

Dont like it dont buy it, they said it wont slow the next modern plane... lets let it go now...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I agree, but there s way better option if the question is bringing simmers to DCS.

The nam era would be an instant hit, its still an Epic era in warfare very fresh in collective memory, olds and youngs alike.

as to buy i will wait for it to be released (obvious) and wait for feedback compared to what i already own.

And Msalama, i never sayd it take away something from me, i just see it as a black dot in clean lungs and i explained why.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

To be completely honest,I was hoping for something with a tail hook.That said and not to sound like an ingrate to the dev team who are working hard on the Pony.

I'm very,very excited to be able to fly a P-51 that is done to DCS high Standards.

Thank You ED/TFC

I bet some smarty pants will make one for use with modman..

:P

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

DCS Fighter is of the utmost importance to ED, and will determine their future success or eventual fade into obscurity, which is why they must get it right.

Huh? Um yeah, I can totally see ED drifting into obscurity after what they have achieved with Black Shark and Warthog... Not.