[TRACK REQUIRED] Navigation/Flight Plan Sequence Fixed to Aircraft

JayRoo

Hey guys. I’m having a problem in the Hornet with regard to navigation. On my HSI page and HUD, with a simple 1-Sequence flight plan, ill take off and drive towards WP1 and my flight plan sequence lines (all of the waypoints, the whole round-robin flight plan) will follow or rather be fixed to my aircraft position and on the hud it will show a fixed mileage to WP1 and it never changes. If i change direction, the flight plan stays connected to my aircraft (but maintains its shape and orientation relative to North). If i cycle thru waypoints it shows a fixed distance and bearing to each. Anyone else run into this problem?

^^ This. Let your INS align for about 1.5 minutes and you'll observe that it the map will also center on your position.

Or you simply forgot to turn the knob to NAV after alignment.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

No, 100% aligned and in NAV. I waited 5 minutes a d HSI still shows OK. Map picture never came up either. Stays black even though im still in map mode on options. Taxxing out to runway, distance to WP1 still not changing as i travel over the ground.

Here are two clips of me going through a quick start and taxi to show the setup and what I'm seeing once I start moving. The second clip is airborne and you can see how the flight plan remains stuck to my aircraft as I fly away from Al Minhad (look for the TACAN symbol on the HSI)

https://youtu.be/FrOKYo8aSvs

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FrOKYo8aSvs?start=5" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

https://youtu.be/xg6B7JMpPcg

Edited by Strider

I watched both videos. That's strange. Everything behaves correctly, except that the system thinks you're not moving, just turning around.

Have you tried a Repair and Cleanup? Could be that a file is a little messed up.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

Was it an older mission? Sometimes updates mess with missions made in previous versions.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

-

No, it was relatively new. As part of a series i was making in the persian gulf. It was set in 1989 and i read somewhere that setting the date to pre-1990 can mess things up for whatever reason. Thanks!

Yes, it's a restriction for GPS. You can enable the "Unrestricted SATNAV" option in the Options (I think Misc tab) and then you can use GPS whatever the date. Alternatively, you need to perform an INS fix, via the UPDT option on the HSI.

-