No AA in flight instruments since last update

cuervo111

Hi all,

Since the last updates (or probably the second to last ones) both in 1.5 and 2.2 it seems like anti aliasing is not applied to the flight instruments.

I have tried with different MSAA settings, both in sim and with the NVIDIA control panels. I have the lastest drivers. In 2.0 it happens both with and without deffered shading.

Other aircraft see fine (I checked the F-15 and the Huey).

This issue makes some instruments unusable for me at my usual zoom levels, especially the HSI. It is really weird because AA is definitely applied to the rest of the rendering, it is just the instruments. Am I the only one with this issue?

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Yea, the instruments / dial faces are missing mip maps. Everything else in the cockpit seems to have mip maps.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Not related to AA.

In short: Textures are saved with mip maps, as explained in the video. All the F-5E cockpit texture seem to have this, except the texture or textures, on which the dial faces are. So is a very simple 'fix' from the devs.

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 4 weeks later...