Should the F-15C Get JHMCS

frixon28

Should the F-15C Get JHMCS  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Should the F-15C Get JHMCS

• Yes
    • No

I certainly wouldn't mind it but I can see why not as well and the reasoning why the eagle should have it is questionable.

It is a simulator so the F18 will never shoot at an F15 :)

I'm a 100% multiplayer pilot so I do understand what you mean though.

The eagle has good chances against the russian planes despite the vector thrusting R73 so why would the 9x which hopefully is a match to that decide the fight all of the sudden?

I don't know if the C model of the eagle ever got upgraded with 9x or HMCS but its reasonable to model a module in its time before any upgrades.

That apart I would assume we can fit the 9x on the eagle but the HMCS working with a "imported lockon plane" maybe a bit bigger of an request.

im sure time will tell but almost certainly the 9x should be better given that its still a farily recent technology given that the earliest block 1 entered service in the 2000's whilst 73 dates back to the 80s ( unless we have a more modern block or iteration of the 73 that i am unaware of)

Besides 9x is basically immune to flares.

Speaking of which has Ed said which 9X were getting?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

(meme)

But is he wrong?

I don't know if the C model of the eagle ever got upgraded with 9x or HMCS but its reasonable to model a module in its time before any upgrades.

US F-15Cs have had the HMD and AIM-9X for nearly fifteen years now.

Speaking of which has Ed said which 9X were getting?

Block 1.

They haven't said anything about it, but operational US Hornets from 2005 certainly didn't have AIM-9X Block II! :D

Lord of Salt

But is he wrong?

yes wrong, coming off like jelly Flanker fanboi ;)

But is he wrong?

\

Block 1.

They haven't said anything about it, but operational US Hornets from 2005 certainly didn't have AIM-9X Block II! :D

and the type of F15C's we have by 2002 were obviously using aim7m and Aim9P :lol:

not in 2005, but hey given that legacy hornets are still in service past 2005 to date....., and given that we have some campaigns from 2008 - present......

the F/A18C in its configuration that ED is giving to us is probably just about the most modern Legacy hornet you could probably hope to have. ( excluding maybe the recent C+ SLEP)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Is there much of a point to have HMCS to lock something off bore-sight but not the missile to acquire it?

Well yes there is of course but it makes much more sense with a missile that looks more off bore sight as well.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

While I don't agree with the OPs reasoning for it, IMO more features = more fun. That being said I would rather just have a full blown DCS F-15C as up to date as possible, including 9x and JHMCS so I voted yes.

But I don't agree with the idea of just slapping on a weapon system with the sole purpose to balance anther separate module in the MP environment. DCS is more sim then game.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

jhmcs will only make you lose harder to the people you're already losing against

dream on

What???? Is this some kind of hidden message against me or a jab against virtual Eagle Drivers?

So let me sum this up for those who are against the -15C having JHMCS? You don't want the main western air superiority fighter (and only modern jet in the game that can literally do nothing but kill other planes) to not be as good as strike fighters....why? Okay the Eagle needs a full fidelity module, I agree :thumbup:, but what does it not having as good as a radar have to do with slapping on JHMCS? Is this a "we get everything or we get nothing" approach? Also the whole diverging to the energy argument, missiles win every time almost, in this game and real life.

This thing is/will be (for at least a while) the only air superiority fighter of the modern era, I say let it do its job and give it what has in real life. If the Hornet can have JHMCS so can the Eagle.

I voted it down not because I don't want it, but because I disagree with the OP's reasoning for it. And besides, there are much better things to work on Eagle-related, like that pitch rate bug, or expanding avionics realism/historical capability, etc.

I imagine there's six other people who feel similarly...?

I think everyone would love to hear any suggestions about what to do for adding JHMCS if that is what you are suggesting in your first sentence.

I feel like the work that would need to be put in for JHMCS could be better spent working on far more useful improvements to the other combat avionics in the Eagle. That doesn't have to be a total rework, but even something super simple like increasing the effective range of the radar would do for now. I think a lot of the super useful stuff will need to wait until we get DCS: F-15C someday.

Edit: And if/when some of those updates are done, throw in JHMCS. It's not the most critical need, but it's certainly a useful tool, not going to deny that!

Lord of Salt

I feel like the work that would need to be put in for JHMCS could be better spent working on far more useful improvements to the other combat avionics in the Eagle. That doesn't have to be a total rework, but even something super simple like increasing the effective range of the radar would do for now. I think a lot of the super useful stuff will need to wait until we get DCS: F-15C someday.

Edit: And if/when some of those updates are done, throw in JHMCS. It's not the most critical need, but it's certainly a useful tool, not going to deny that!

I agree its radar needs to be tweeked, and just because its FC3 doesnt mean its not important! It is the same JHMCS so thats why I dont see it is a problem, I think its just a quick fix to add it on

I don't understand why people are so obsessed about all this high-tech equipment, JHMCS, AIM-9X and stuff. I actually like the oldschool idea of a dogfight. Where's the fun in shooting super duper missiles at each other from almost any angle? Even though it might be the way it is done today, it takes away the magic of being a fighter pilot.

I don't understand why people are so obsessed about all this high-tech equipment, JHMCS, AIM-9X and stuff. I actually like the oldschool idea of a dogfight. Where's the fun in shooting super duper missiles at each other from almost any angle? Even though it might be the way it is done today, it takes away the magic of being a fighter pilot.

I don't understand why people are so obsessed about all this low tech equipment, WWII and stuff. I actually like the high tech stuff like missiles and radar and such. What is the fun in only chasing people with guns. It takes away the magic of being a modern fighter pilot and the tactical aspect of deploying weapons.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

I don't understand why people are so obsessed about all this low tech equipment, WWII and stuff. I actually like the high tech stuff like missiles and radar and such. What is the fun in only chasing people with guns. It takes away the magic of being a modern fighter pilot and the tactical aspect of deploying weapons.

I realize you were being facetious, but in my opinion, there is a lot more satisfaction to be had from killing your target up close and personal. There is no satisfaction quite like pouring gun and cannon fire into your opponent, watching the impacts and parts fall off at the conclusion of a vicious knife fight. The high tech systems are really just crutches for the modern fighter pilot to ensure that even the poorest of pilots have a higher chance to survive an engagement. That is their true purpose. The "magic" you speak of is not magical to everyone and the people who enjoy low tech are the same people who enjoy employing their weapons vice simply deploying them as is the case with the modern weapons. Not every module has to be the ultra modern cutting edge of technology to be enjoyable to learn especially when it comes to multiplayer. The F/A-18C is going to be a lot less of a threat in the air to air arena than everyone seems to think.

I didn't vote... silly request for a FC3 plane and I'm actually surprised no one is also asking for a SNIPER, Talon HATE or Legion to go on their under modeled late 90's/2000 C Eagle we have in the game. Now, if ED or BST were to do a full fidelity Golden Eagle then by all means, include these systems although, if it has to be an F-15, I'd rather see a full fidelity F-15A or a mid 80's F-15C... I like the old school stuff.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I didn't vote... silly request for a FC3 plane and I'm actually surprised no one is also asking for a SNIPER, Talon HATE or Legion to go on their under modeled late 90's/2000 C Eagle we have in the game. Now, if ED or BST were to do a full fidelity Golden Eagle then by all means, include these systems although, if it has to be an F-15, I'd rather see a full fidelity F-15A or a mid 80's F-15C... I like the old school stuff.

What does JHMCS have to do with the supposed Golden Eagle upgrade? Your opinion is your right but just because its a FC3 plane does that mean it can't have any systems detailing, especially for the very basic F-15C we have? Early 2000's Eagle's was where JHMCS came in, just like early 2000 Hornet's is where JHMCS came in.

The Hornet will be able to lase its own GBUs! This will make it a fast jet with LGBs. I demand afterburners on the A10 so that it can be better!

So just because I want an equal generation/time period Air Superiority Fighter to be able to compete with Strike Fighters, something that it has in real life, you have to try throwing off the argument with a mocking joke because?

So just because I want an equal generation/time period Air Superiority Fighter to be able to compete with Strike Fighters, something that it has in real life, you have to try throwing off the argument with a mocking joke because?

Because your argument doesn't make sense either. The module is the module. The chances of a FC3 aircraft being updated to a different spec is small to non-existent. To make your request logical we should update the Su27 and Mig 29 to Mig 35 and Su 35 specs too, update the Mirage 2000C to 2000-9, upgrade A10 to latest software suite, ask BST to update the hornet to latest block for C model etc. Face it, that won't happen.

The F15 is not *meant* to be the best air-to-air plane in the game. Its just another plane. The mix of modules we have in the simulator now is kinda non-sensical already, we have to make do and come up with scenarios for the mix of hardware we have.

The same argument can be applied to, say, the Mig21. It was arguably the best interceptor in the 60s. We're getting a Mirage F1EE at some point. It is superior to the Mig21BIS in every way. Does this mean we should now upgrade the Mig21 to a modern day version with a glass cockpit so it can compete with the Mirage F1 or for that matter, with the Hornet, that is also going to outclass it in every way.

This is my point.

• Like 1

I like this thread...much fight, so division.

Actually I kinda like these threads on every gaming forum known to exist. " X thing is over-powered compared to Y - BALANCE!! " Or " why does X get this feature while Y does not - I WANT!! "

But you know what the real killer is...the real over powered SOB? The mountain side; every single time I fly too close my jet exploders. No amount of flares or chaffy chaff will stop it, gun runs do nothing, cannot be picked up on the most advanced avionics, and yet everyone's wrapped up in production dates or what ANG had more $$$ for upgrades in 2003 vs 2007.

If we get rid of the mountains I'd be happy...then of course I think we'd have to start talking about the mountains sneaky cousin - flat ground.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

Here are my reasons I voted no....

1. While I'm not big on balance, the Red side is going to suffer when we get the Tomcat, Hornet, and Harrier. Giving the f-15 the aim-9x will only make the problem worse unless you ban it.

2. The Hornet will be a full module, but giving the f-15 the X will make the 15 an A/A platform where you can implement all the most modern A/A weapons with just keyboard control, without a significant startup or complicated avionics.... I know that the Russian AC have all the most modern Russian weapons but something about the 15 having the x without a clickable cockpit just seems weird... seems like it takes away from the hornet.

3. There are plently of other things that could use improvements in FC3 before we talk about new features.

Edited by The Black Swan

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Because your argument doesn't make sense either. The module is the module. The chances of a FC3 aircraft being updated to a different spec is small to non-existent. To make your request logical we should update the Su27 and Mig 29 to Mig 35 and Su 35 specs too, update the Mirage 2000C to 2000-9, upgrade A10 to latest software suite, ask BST to update the hornet to latest block for C model etc. Face it, that won't happen.

The F15 is not *meant* to be the best air-to-air plane in the game. Its just another plane. The mix of modules we have in the simulator now is kinda non-sensical already, we have to make do and come up with scenarios for the mix of hardware we have.

The same argument can be applied to, say, the Mig21. It was arguably the best interceptor in the 60s. We're getting a Mirage F1EE at some point. It is superior to the Mig21BIS in every way. Does this mean we should now upgrade the Mig21 to a modern day version with a glass cockpit so it can compete with the Mirage F1 or for that matter, with the Hornet, that is also going to outclass it in every way.

This is my point.

No if I wanted what you say I want their to be in the first paragraph, I would want the Golden Eagle. We have a F-15C modeled around Eagles from the Late 90's and Early 2000 era. JHMCS was coming out in the Early 2000's, so I see it fitting to have it for that reason. This isn't a massive version difference and comparing my proposed upgrade to the difference between the SU-27 we have and the SU-35 is well over the top. My plan is not an ultra upgraded version just a slight modification to allow the helmet sight. As for your last paragraph, 1972 (though the BIS didn't come out in the 1960's like you suggest) vs 2000's MiG-21, come on that has nothing to do with the Eagle and is such an overreach. A few years is a lot different from a few decades.

F-15D_Eagle_Cockpit.jpg

No JHMCS

jhmcs2.jpg

JHMCS

air_528a_027.jpg

MiG-21Bis

lanceriii.jpg

Upgraded MiG-21

I can do the same thing with your SU-27/SU-35 and MiG-29/MiG-35 Argument. Those planes specifically wont be implemented for decades to classified information either, unlock a basic FC3 Eagle with JHMCS slapped on.

I like this thread...much fight, so division.

Actually I kinda like these threads on every gaming forum known to exist. " X thing is over-powered compared to Y - BALANCE!! " Or " why does X get this feature while Y does not - I WANT!! "

But you know what the real killer is...the real over powered SOB? The mountain side; every single time I fly too close my jet exploders. No amount of flares or chaffy chaff will stop it, gun runs do nothing, cannot be picked up on the most advanced avionics, and yet everyone's wrapped up in production dates or what ANG had more $$$ for upgrades in 2003 vs 2007.

If we get rid of the mountains I'd be happy...then of course I think we'd have to start talking about the mountains sneaky cousin - flat ground.

ED is ******* up the game with the new maps, they are over-powering the trees !!!

For now they just blind you when you fly in them but soon they will KILL YOU !!!

And the worst of it is that the trees DM is a maybe....

Trees are OP please NERF.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Yeah I know, I'm stretching things too far but it illustrates what you want, but to a greater degree. The rest of us, with different favourite A2A planes (M2000 in my case) must deal with the fact that our favourite is going to be outclassed in A2A by a mudmover. <shrugs/>

I realize you were being facetious, but in my opinion, there is a lot more satisfaction to be had from killing your target up close and personal. There is no satisfaction quite like pouring gun and cannon fire into your opponent, watching the impacts and parts fall off at the conclusion of a vicious knife fight. The high tech systems are really just crutches for the modern fighter pilot to ensure that even the poorest of pilots have a higher chance to survive an engagement. That is their true purpose. The "magic" you speak of is not magical to everyone and the people who enjoy low tech are the same people who enjoy employing their weapons vice simply deploying them as is the case with the modern weapons. Not every module has to be the ultra modern cutting edge of technology to be enjoyable to learn especially when it comes to multiplayer. The F/A-18C is going to be a lot less of a threat in the air to air arena than everyone seems to think.

I was just using his words to show how ridiculous i find that statement/opinion. And the magic i speak of is the magic he is talking about. Also it's way more challenging to do missiles and BFM instead of only BFM.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

I also fly both sides, RED and BLUE, depending on my mood. I voted NO. I realize it's up to the server admins on how to balance their servers/missions, however I feel that with the incoming Hornet and the Tomcat BLUE is getting plenty of variety, while the RED side is sort of left languishing in the dust.

FC3 needs more love for sure, and primarily by that I mean the Su33 and the Mig29 PFM, which were promised a long time ago and are still missing in action. This should be the focus, and not an upgrade to make the most powerful BVR fighter in the game, even more powerful.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I also fly both sides, RED and BLUE, depending on my mood. I voted NO. I realize it's up to the server admins on how to balance their servers/missions, however I feel that with the incoming Hornet and the Tomcat BLUE is getting plenty of variety, while the RED side is sort of left languishing in the dust.

FC3 needs more love for sure, and primarily by that I mean the Su33 and the Mig29 PFM, which were promised a long time ago and are still missing in action. This should be the focus, and not an upgrade to make the most powerful BVR fighter in the game, even more powerful.

This is basically why I was being facetious. The F15 doesn't need help. Its a good plane. The Hornet is going to have similar A2A performance, its a better dogfighter than the F15 no matter what, but so is the Mirage 2000. No reason to use up dev time to implement and test something that isn't needed or necessarily wanted by the users. There are other more pressing matters to attend to.