Mirage changes, requested by the AdA

=DECOY=

Razbam could you please fix the HUD TD box dissapearing bug in the next update?

And correct the vertical scan CCM . Currently it's something like + 5 - 5 degr that's limiting drastically the magic employment

So we can at least practice effectively 1 VS 1 .

Speak for yourself. Why would we not care about recent changes? There are pressing bugs and issues to fix, but the Ada feedback with updates is paramount to get the module as close to it's real life counterpart as possible.

He speaks for many of us. Common sense implies that if you want to do something better with a module, you first put some work in it, then you distribute it for beta, and then moving yo stable. At the moment, the mirage has been broken for many months because the supposed "stable" is broken. Are you saying that the community should be happy with this? Do you actually enjoy flying the mirage anymore?

It may be paramount to get the module closer to real life, but this doesn't mean I should get to see every single bug on the way there.

He speaks for many of us. Common sense implies that if you want to do something better with a module, you first put some work in it, then you distribute it for beta, and then moving yo stable. At the moment, the mirage has been broken for many months because the supposed "stable" is broken. Are you saying that the community should be happy with this? Do you actually enjoy flying the mirage anymore?

It may be paramount to get the module closer to real life, but this doesn't mean I should get to see every single bug on the way there.

This is what we're talking about. Anyone cheering for the module to be as close as possible as the real counterpart, just ask yourself if the bugs we have right now are faithful to the real bird. Since they're not, I can't find many reasons to be happy about these otherwise great news.

+1

Speak for yourself. Why would we not care about recent changes? There are pressing bugs and issues to fix, but the Ada feedback with updates is paramount to get the module as close to it's real life counterpart as possible.

+1

I decided to give my Mirage a try after 3 months in the hangar (since December update basically).

Radar modes and associated HUD symbology are still bugged as hell.

I even think there is a new one : contact is hard locked -> magic slave makes the box disappear.

Back to the hangar, still with hope that some day, someone will take care of the Mirage and make is playable in MP again.

Make Mirage great again!!

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

I even think there is a new one : contact is hard locked -> magic slave makes the box disappear.

This is correct behaviour. Box is radar lock, circle for Magic lock. When you get radar lock and magic lock , box and circle are replaced by triangle.

There are bugs around radar system but not on related Hud symbology. You might just don't know anymore what to look for

I decided to give my Mirage a try after 3 months in the hangar (since December update basically).

Radar modes and associated HUD symbology are still bugged as hell.

Back to the hangar, still with hope that some day, someone will take care of the Mirage and make is playable in MP again.

Make Mirage great again!!

I confirm, that bug still exists today.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

This is correct behaviour. Box is radar lock, circle for Magic lock. When you get radar lock and magic lock , box and circle are replaced by triangle.

There are bugs around radar system but not on related Hud symbology. You might just don't know anymore what to look for

Exaxlctly, so the fact that when slaving the Magic during an hard lock the box disappears altogether it's a bug. It should become a triangle.

It also disappears when you lock a target with Magic first, and then switch back to guns or supers.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Hi Steph, I mean no box, no triangle, no circle, no nothing.

Pretty sure I can replicate.

Also, box disappearing when locking (radar) with magic first and switching to something else is there since December and really a deal breaker for me.

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

Besides what the other guys have said above regarding the TD dissapearing bug (which is a core bug that exists already since 2019 and that on a module that is realeased few years ago, see also the official bug tracker on razbam's site for that) for your information the HUD needs a lot of work to replicate the real one 100%. Some missing / false indication are more ''cosmetic'' some others ''functional''. Example

- magic indication (seeker circle / magic triangle) while on CCLT

-in CAN mode the speed / altitude indications move down as in MAG mode

- in CAN mode the DLZ isn't displayed on the right side when the pipper circle moves counter clockwise (1200 m at the 12 o' clock postion).

- altitude alert arrow should be blinking and not be steady.

- the -2,5 degr. lines arent' displayed for optimum landing angle (when the glideslope value is entered in the PCN). etc etc

Edited by jaguara5

Hi Steph, I mean no box, no triangle, no circle, no nothing.

Pretty sure I can replicate.

Also, box disappearing when locking (radar) with magic first and switching to something else is there since December and really a deal breaker for me.

It is an annoying but random bug. I experienced it twice but cannot find the problem. The only solution is to unlock the radar so it fully reverts to SCAN mode.

In this bug apparently the radar has not lost the lock but it is sending a "lock lost" signal but the radar still has the lock and it gets confused as hell.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

It is an annoying but random bug. I experienced it twice but cannot find the problem. The only solution is to unlock the radar so it fully reverts to SCAN mode.

In this bug apparently the radar has not lost the lock but it is sending a "lock lost" signal but the radar still has the lock and it gets confused as hell.

Hi Zeus! This bug isn't random , everytime when there is a magic triangle (via magic slave or by positioning the boresight cross over a target), selecting guns will cause the TD square to dissapear. While staying in guns, deselecting the target and reverting to scan, the TD doesn't

appear if the target is locked again .

Attached is a track fiile (over Normandy hope you can see it). If magic isn't slaved and guns selected, the target box remains visible

TD bug.rar

Edited by jaguara5