Starting out

Endless

Hey folks, I’ve been reading through this, and there are a lot of cool builds in here. I’m looking to start a project of my own, and to start with I just want to build an f-18 cockpit frame. I’ve been having a hell of a time finding dimensions however. Does anyone have an stl or cad file of their rig that they would be willing to share? Otherwise any advice on starting points would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, and welcome to the forum and the Pit Building.

I am working on the drawing for the F-18, and when im done the drawings will be released for free, however there is alot of small adjustments still to be done. you can see pictures on my instagram og what im doing.

However if you need some specific dimensions so you can get started with your own drawings, i can provide them without a problem, just write what you need :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

So the ufc has a step in that I don’t know the geometry of, and that’s one of the big things I’ve been struggling with. I’m trying to build the thing in CAD first, so I know where to cut. I’m excited to see the drawings once you’ve finished, the other stuff on the Instagram looks clean!

So the ufc has a step in that I don’t know the geometry of, and that’s one of the big things I’ve been struggling with. I’m trying to build the thing in CAD first, so I know where to cut. I’m excited to see the drawings once you’ve finished, the other stuff on the Instagram looks clean!

Unless Im mistaken some forum user already built a Hornet UFC 3D printed, let me check this subforum

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I think this is it: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218874

Unless Im mistaken some forum user already built a Hornet UFC 3D printed, let me check this subforum

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals