F-18 so far

macedk

Old f-16 guy here in bms and before

1. F-18 is growing on me even in WIP mode.

2. Ariel refuel nice bird to connect with (once you learn the power and flight qerks"

but not a problem for me. perfect every time no but that is more the jet than me ..love it

3. Carrier traps ...not perfect yet and again not the jet. A Lot to learn but as of now last 90 turn is a thing for me ...i'll nail it but still working on it.

3. Flight in general ...hmm A lot of audio cues to help you but yes hard to master

4. landing on ground hehehe one should think it was a piece of cake ...hmm gimme the boat any day ..weird yes but that is how I feel :)

5. air to ground ...a lot to learn still in this platform ...I need to get netter and faster

6. air to air ...need better tactics and work a lot faster holy hell ;)

7. platform in general ....very forgiving jet to a newbie at the current state, she flies where you point it and is very responsive in most areas,

We are getting there and as with all platforms ..learn it, perfect never cause classified stuff but we can still have fun and do very cool shit.

I for one is getting more comfortable every day I fly this bird, and for a mission example, Taxi to the cat is one thing , launch , fly a lot and then take gas and go kill stuff , fly a lot , take gas again and trap the boat .....you are now a friigin king man :)

Oh yeah i forgot u land at night ..just to piss you off ;)

Welcome to f-18 hornet in dcs.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Former BMS as well, loving the DCS Bug too! great post OP!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Biggest takeaway from this thread is that WIP is a mode.

thanks for the executive summary....

;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control