What Grip Would You Like to See?

Cyph3r

I'd like to invite everyone to vote on our poll and let us know any comments regarding what you'd like to see from us next :joystick:

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/137-what-grip-should-virpil-make-next/

:thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modern western jet grip to go along with all of the modern western jets we have, for certain :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

^^THIS!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Voted Modern Western Fighter.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Modern western or upgraded T-50.

What is important is to have 5 way thumb button. My only issue with the grip.

Please don't make more kosmos twist grips. One is enough :) One more thing, please don't make metal grips, they are way too heavy and no better than high quality plastic you use now.

Edited by mdee

An F-18 grip Tm will make...An F-14 grip VKB/HB "promised"... others western grips will don't offer nothing new than Tm "F-16'ish" models.

An improved T-50 version - deviating from "replica" in favor of game usability, similar to MCG PRO approach seems the more logical option.

Not very practical, but just for their vintage look I vote for Mig-21/Su-23 like grip. :)

Please don't make more kosmos twist grips. One is enough :) One more thing, please don't make metal grips, they are way too heavy and no better than high quality plastic you use now.

this.

this this this this and this.

Please.

Z...

this.

this this this this and this.

Please.

Z...

I don't care about replicating a grip.

Make something with enough axes, buttons and with a focus on ergonomics and input flexibility.

For the latter I mean buttons for the rest of the fingers, not just thumb and index. This is the point where I find the Delta constellation fails at the most.

And if you do make Twist, give us a mechanical option to lock the twist.

With the Delta, all the buttons are under and competing for your thumb.

This actually makes the stick less suitable for games like Elite where multiple presses are more common than in sims like DCS, even though thats the kind of games it's designed for !?

I have so far switched back to the t50 grip simply because it's layout is so much better, and I'm missing the main feature, the thumb stick, more in DCS as a slew than in Elite dangerous and for thrusters.

But the coup de grace on it, no pinky button.

Then again, I have already pre-ordered a VKB MCG PRO to complete my HOSAS so I'm pretty much set I guess.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Both, an upgraded T-50 version that has a 4 way + push down head like on the Warthog (a single button seems like wasted space) and a modern western style sick.

And an upgraded gimbal base with adjustable friction for helicopter flight. This friction mechanism should be easily adjustable from the outside and have a switch which activates/deactivates this so that switching between helo flight and planes is just a switch of a button and does not mean loosening or tightening of screws.

Edited by sc_neo

Why limit to a 5-way hat on the t50 thumb rest.

It would be the perfect spot, with some adjustment for a fully analog thumb stick for slew or whatever you want to use it as.

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Depends which aircraft you want to fly. Real aircraft don't have analog thumb stick there, but plenty have 5-way or 3-way hat there. (F-5, Mirage, A-10, F-15, F-16, F-18, AV-8 to name the few we have in DCS). On the other hand, in the F-14 there's DLC control that works like a thumb axis.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

For me the answer is "all of them".

And having to switch grips and re-calibrate everytime I switch is just not going to happen.

So I don't care aircraft X doesn't have this there or Y has what where.

Is an analog slew thumb stick a good idea?

Yes very.

Would that be a good place for it?

I think yea.

Is an analog slew thumb stick a good idea?

Yes very.

Only if you have a throttle without one. Otherwise it is mostly redundant.

Yeah, it can be made to work in the sim like a hat, but it doesn't feel as good, with no tactile feedback when activated.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Why limit to a 5-way hat on the t50 thumb rest.

It would be the perfect spot, with some adjustment for a fully analog thumb stick for slew or whatever you want to use it as.

Analog stick feel is not really suitable for what this button does in A10, F18, F16 and similar fighters.

The other company grip has an analog stick where the trim is and it sucks.