how to use HSEL?

Kayos

Here is a quick pic I took to show someone else about how to use this.

I was using the ATC and heading select when being lazy sightseeing.:)

attachment.php?attachmentid=186048&d=1527846065

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I think you mean you wish to follow the waypoint paths, which should be the Course Select; CSEL. I personally haven't been able to get that to enable. I bet at this time its not enabled yet.

HSEL, is just that, set your heading with the HDG Switch below the UFC on the LEFT side. You should see your Heading Bug move on the HSI. If you want to follow your waypoint just set it to the same course as your waypoint. You'll have to tweak it in flight to follow the course line perfectly unless you time your turns perfectly.

ETA: ahh... people beat me to it, I couldn't find a good pic. :p

I think you mean you wish to follow the waypoint paths, which should be the Course Select; CSEL. I personally haven't been able to get that to enable. I bet at this time its not enabled yet.

Nope, course select is not an autopilot mode, its for helping with lineup on the carrier or runway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Semi related, when I toggle CRS nothing happens (except) CSEL in UFC. But nothing changes in the AMPCD. I tried inputting a course, the number flashes in UFC then disappear and nothing happens. Probably forgot something simple.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

You have to set the HSI scale to a value so that the selested TACAN station symbol is visible within your HSI scale range.

If the TACAN symbol is not visible (scale too small), the course arrow will not appear on the screen.

How do you use automatic throttle control ?

There is a button on the Hornet HOTAS for that function, look in the control list under HOTAS and assign the button.

From there you simply depress the button at the desired speed and, with little variation, will maintain the desired speed.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Aweomse thanks for the help thought it would be more involved than that, I'm on the road using a game pad and these micro throttle changes to keep that damn AOA perfect on carrier landings is near impossible ! Hopefully ATC helps, but I don't think of it as cheating using a gamepad :-)

instead of clicking and holding the heading switch, can i enter desired heading directly to ufc? if yes how? can i do it also for course sel?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

thanks

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 4 months later...

Hi all

HSEL works nicely a free flight mission.

but once I touch something like FCS / Bit test / or just trim it doesn't work anymore. and didn't find any way so far to make it work again in same flight . ?

anyone know how to reset it ?

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals