[RESOLVED / NO BUG] Major FM bugs

Guest =YeS=CMF

+1

This topic has been discussed with the community at length. This is a concession to the fact that the majority of users do not have the hardware to map brakes to an axis (which would be required to give the small braking inputs to support minor turns). Since I am not sitting here with MiG-21 style hardware, I think this is a smart solution.

What you will do when MiG-15 will be released? It has the same breaks as MiG-21 has :)

I also do not have free axis on joystick for brakes, and I am for hard realism. It is very similar with pushing "W" key on other aircrafts.

I don't have differential brakes on my pedals, and I'm not complaining about it when I'm flying Bf-109, and Fw-190. And ED team even didn't think about any compromise with it. So do it realistic.

Edited by GUMAR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Реальные хотелки к ЛО3 по Су-25 в основном...

ASRock PG9, i-5 9600KF, MSI 2080Ti, 32GB 3466

@ GUMAR

First of all regarding my track, if you mean why it ended so fast, I canceled it after flameout and before kissing the ground (forgot to switch the logbook...)

I checked your tracks. Nice flying so far but maybe we have some kind of issue here I don't understand.

It is no problem for me to post enough tracks of the flameout if you wish. I think it would take until tomorrow evening (Today is TV-evening with my wife :music_whistling:)

Maybe some people (some of your friends with Tacview also?) could check the attached tacview files but according to them you never exceeded 1089km/h IAS. In the dive your maximum IAS was 1032km/h. During your supersonic track, you reached 1089km/h IAS.

Can't say if we encountered a possible tacview issue, a bug in DCS data handling or a FM issue. Contacted Vyrtuoz and will report back after I got an answer.

UPDATE: After contacting Vyrtuoz I got the following:

Hello Ripper,

This is a good question. In DCS, the IAS is literally coming from the cockpit instruments. My script is looking at the needle position. That’s why, when you reach the limit of your aircraft, the IAS cannot go higher than what the instruments can display.

I’m working on a new way to export data from DCS for Tacview 1.4 and I may be able to find a workaround. But this is too early to be sure of that.

Frantz

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSKRipper

Hello Vyrtuoz,

first of all thank you for your superb Tacview program. In the discussion about the MiG-21 and the Su-25 flight model we encountered a problem and I hope you can bring some light into it.

I have some tracks of a hard diving Su-25 and checked them in Tacview 1.2.7. One thing we observed, was that the IAS stopped raising at 1098km/h. In all tracks I reviewed and flights recorded for myself, I never got the IAS above this IAS limit. The MiG-21 has a higher value at which IAS will stop raising but this seems to be a confirmed FM limit.

My question is, could it be that there is an issue in data recording/handling or ist it more probable that we encountered a flight model barrier?

Greetings,

Ripper

So I would agree that you are right concerning the abnormal speed readings I have seen. In this case I was wrong from the first post. It' seems to be an issue with data reading/handling by Tacview. My doubts about the speed limits in other aircraft have no firm basis as long as I can't believe my evaluation tools. I still have no idea regarding the flameout but if G readings would also differ in +/- 1G, it could have been a simple flameout according to fuel shortage based on negative G. I will cross check all tracks as soon as I find another possibility for data readout (Would be great if you have a hint for a tool reading IAS, TAS and GS!?It could be more productive for future discussions to use speed information not relying on needles in the pit). I would be happy if the other discussions would also try to stay on a evidence based, less emotional basis. As everyone can see, this leads to the fastest solutions.

Tacview.zip

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest =YeS=CMF
I don't have any particular view on these issues, but I do know that most of the "+1" posts are folks on the OP's friends list.

You dont want realistic MiG-21bis? :) You want DCS to become like War Thunder? :music_whistling:

+1

And I want to add that I do like what we have till now, without LNS we wouldn't have this little gem. But we want it even more polished.

Besides the things the others said I want to add something on Ground Handling Mechanics:

1. LNS said that that decision was taken based on the feedback from some testers. How many? More than the number of users complaining about it being unrealistic?

2. ED and BST is going to launch Mig-15Bis (which I already preordered)... From Wags instructional take off

that plane has the rudder realistically modeled. What we the ones with both modules should we do? Rewire our brains for each module after some strange preference of some guy that flies with keyboard and mouse or something?

Many thanks to all that bring feedback for this wonderful module!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

+1 for a realistic MiG. At least let us choose the helpers in the special tab.

Why not "sim" and "game" modes like many other modules? Job done.

As to the crazy stall, I hope that gets fixed!

I think there already is game mode, you just don't have seperate options like with the other aircraft. I'm very much in favor of something like this, though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2