12/9 VFAT Tomcat Demo...

Donut

I don't know about you guys, but it looks pretty ready to me :P

I know, right? I'm wondering what's left on their checklist before it's ready for prime time. I'm starting to suspect the RIO pit is holding us back. Lack of videos and screen shots lead me to that. But I have no idea, and curiosity is killing me.

But release speculations aside, that demonstration was outstanding. Haven't watched any virtual airshows in the past. Definitely will in the future though. I didn't get a chance to watch every show live, but I'm looking forward to watching the recordings in the coming week.

I hope the the wingsync in multiplayer making Ed better ! I hope the dedicated server tool making this smoother....

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

My eardrums cried with joy. Please tell me that's the actual ingame audio and not an edit.

I'm wanting to know the exact same thing. I'm hoping it was.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

When would they have edited it, the airshow was live on Twitch, and there was a live interview with Grayson right up to take off, no time to edit.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

When would they have edited it, the airshow was live on Twitch, and there was a live interview with Grayson right up to take off, no time to edit.

I know. That's what I was thinking also, but the engine sounds are so good it seems to good to be true. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I do believe Heatblur mentioned doing some F110 recordings, I could be wrong but Cobra or anyone fron HB are more than welcome to correct me

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

"Disclaimer: Sounds are enhanced in post for this demonstration as they are still Work in Progress. :)"

I guess that answers that.

Hopefully that level of sound quality is one of the end goals.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Cobra said sounds were enhanced for the demo.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Pay attention to the fluctuations of the wing consoles after landing (after 14:06). They look superfluous and not natural, like a plane flapping its wings to fly like a bird. Compare with the video of real aircraft in the same forum thread above.

Mongol-29 [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My eardrums cried with joy. Please tell me that's the actual ingame audio and not an edit.

No the demo had recordings incorporated for effect unfortunately.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Really???:( ...so these weren't actual in-game sounds right?:cry:

no, sounds like they overlaid real demo audio over it as they said the sounds are not ready yet.

Here is the quote below from Cobra on Reddit:

Cobra8472 Heatblur Simulations

Just a disclaimer; the sounds are actually enhanced (not fully dubbed though) in post. Sorry, it was really late last night and I was exhausted and forgot to put that on immediately.

We are working on matching the quality however, and will have an update on this front soon.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog