Can't install the PG Terrain, help

So I saw the Terrain in the module manager when I launch the game. However, when the module goes to install I get an error. The error is "Unknown Module PERSIAN_GULF_terrain"

here is the log:

=== Log opened UTC 2018-05-23 14:08:45

INFO : DCS_Updater/2.6.25.40 (Windows NT 10.0.17134; Win64; en-US)

INFO : cmdline: "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" --apply install PERSIAN_GULF_terrain

INFO : basedir: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

INFO : DCS/2.5.0.15365.345 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,POLYCHOPSIM_SA342,RAZBAM_M-2000C,L-39,MIG-15BIS,F-86F,A-10C,F86-MIG15-RELIC_campaign,MIG-21BIS)

INFO : branch:

INFO : Got reply from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

INFO : Got reply from srv11update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

ERROR: Unknown module PERSIAN_GULF_terrain

=== Log closed.

Image of Error: https://mega.nz/#!y9lzFJZT!FK93gah5b1-hNAZ57DysgnUal-2knPSPE9fll_4sXlI

Edited by ChubbyTheBear4
Add Image

Also you need to update your DCS World Open Beta install first with this morning's update, prior to trying to install the actual PG map.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

A nifty tool that makes it really easy to switch between Open Beta and Release. This way it does not require a complete reinstall, but you have some updates to do, since the Release branch is now effectively 2 updates 'behind' and then there is the PG map. Good luck.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

How do I update my beta install? I am clicking on the updater but it merely launches the game. I downloaded the beta version last night. No PG icon in the main menu or module manager.

Manually update DCS.

open a command prompt window

(change the following to match your install location)

type: cd C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

type: dcs_updater.exe update

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Manually update DCS.

open a command prompt window

(change the following to match your install location)

type: cd C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

type: dcs_updater.exe update

That doesn't seem to work. Anything I can do within the game itself?

The end of the command should be update @openbeta

Only if he is switching between versions; I'm assuming that he has already read the many other threads and downloaded the right version already.

Yes this is the open beta version which I downloaded last night.

Did you update it this morning? There was an update for the updater and an update to DCS World Open Beta v2.5.2.xxx.

Did you update it this morning? There was an update for the updater and an update to DCS World Open Beta v2.5.2.xxx.

Updater showed no updates when I ran it or loaded the beta. I am trying Skatezilla's utility and it seemed to have forced the beta to update, 8GB update downloading. Hopefully this is it.

Updater showed no updates when I ran it or loaded the beta. I am trying Skatezilla's utility and it seemed to have forced the beta to update, 8GB update downloading. Hopefully this is it.

His utility is pretty neat. If you run into additional issues, upload your dcs.log file so we can see what else we might find to help you out.

Nope that is the DCS World first update.

Then there will be the Persian Gulf download from Module Manager ( app 15 GB download ).

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Nope that is the DCS World first update.

Then there will be the Persian Gulf download from Module Manager ( app 15 GB download ).

Downloaded both. Lots of performance issues and I recall reading something about removing config files from an older build. I had a beta install years back with a config file.

So I renamed the entire DCS.openbeta folder in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games

Now the problem is when I try and log into the game I can't. My user name and password are invalid, but they worked last night. It still works for my release version.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Finally worked.

Edited by Flogger23m