If a client takes off from carrier and lands on land - plane bounces (video included)

yngvef

Any time a plane has taken off from a carrier and lands on land in multiplayer, it will start bouncing hundreds of meters up and down (through terrain and into the air) when seen by another player in multiplayer.

Your own plane is un-affected (as you can see my plane in the foreground on the video)

Video: (sound removed due to awful Discord banter)

After this happens, the only way to stop the other clients from bouncing is to restart the server.

My random un-educated guess is that it has something to do with the stabilization of the planes on the carrier deck. When you get on land, this stabilization goes crazy for some reason. (just a guess though)

I hope this gets fixed as it is quite an annoying bug as it requires server restart.

• 2 weeks later...

Having this happen as well at first thought that something had broken.. really annoying when your doing a formation landing run and lead lands and suddenly bounces up into the sky then back down then up then back down.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've seen this problem without landing in carrier or taking off from the carrier.

Same. It doesn’t require a ship to land transition, sometimes happens from a start on terra firma

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
Same. It doesn’t require a ship to land transition, sometimes happens from a start on terra firma

Same here.

This has been happening for a while but we put it down to network glitches during online play in our group.

Last weekend we had a multiplayer 6 person session, Persian Gulf mission on a LAN (physically in the same venue with gigabit switch). The SU-33 and F-18C flights took off from carriers and at the end of the mission landed at Qeshm Island. Once on the ground all the carrier based aircraft were bouncing hundreds of feet into the air and then going down below ground level. Land based Mirage, and A10 were fine. Other aircraft were even damaged by inadvertently taxiing through the area where the bouncing aircraft were happening.

This needs to be acknowledged and fixed please.