Logitech Extreme 3d Pro

Looking into the saved profile file DCS creates, and it looks like some formatting changed a bit in the newer DCS. I'm in the process of working in my changes for a Logitech Force 3D now, and I just gave up trying to import the .lua from this thread, even though I've had it working in the past. I figure I'll use the opportunity to create my own bindings for A10-C on Force 3D, since it looks like there's nothing available currently along the same lines. Noticed all profiles get saved to your-device-name.diff.lua now.

Also have a spare Force 3D if anyone is interested, it's better than Extreme 3D, though does take a little getting used to.

Looks like Brad has done a lot of work to get this working here, but I haven't installed yet...https://github.com/bradleydahl/Buttons2Keys

Are you by chance going to include a profile for those who may not have Trackir etc...and use the HAT switch for view movement?

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

• 3 months later...

I would really love to find something like this for the F-86F..

I do also have trackir

I have downloaded a couple others you made fpr DC and they really help me..

Do you have one made for the F-86F or possibly in the works of making one..

If you do I would love to be able to check it out for my possible use to help get me started on the F-86..

Thank You very much in advance if you make one..

retired_old_sarge(at)yahoo.com if you can possible send me the file for it so I can add it with the others that you have made..

Thank You

Edited by retired_old_sarge

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Latest update (July 2016), I am having no joy with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, which was working fine before.

Can someone please point me to a solution? I have tried all of the old tricks, and nothing seems to work WRT the modifier buttons and Lord knows what else.

EDIT: My solution was to delete everything resembling the logitech profile, as well as the default profiles in dcs. I then re-downloaded the updated profile and had to manually add the modifier buttons. Not the simplest or cleanest solution, but I hope this helps someone.

Edited by ATONESIR
Solution provided

twitch.tv/atonesir

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

I need help about that profile.

Is that profile not working on DCS 1.5 with A-10C anymore ?

It's a *.lua file. And Controller need *.diff.lua file format. What happened to it :(

OR Someone share a working profile working on A-10C please

Edited by viperdinc
Suggestion

• 3 months later...

After moving to a new PC, this control issue with the Logitech Extreme Pro 3D has reared its ugly head again.

Is it NOT possible to just name two separate controller layouts as "A10" and "SU25T" and when you start those modules you use THAT controller layout? Why is getting your controller to work constantly a challenge?

twitch.tv/atonesir

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the profile, very helpful.

Here is the modified krause profile for DCS 2.5. I´ve tried to stick to the reference picture in the first post but changed minor stuff. I also added alternative keyboard modifiers (lshift,lcntrl,lalt,ralt,rcntrl,rshift) for the 7-12 button modifiers because I prefer to use them. Change axis curves and deadzones to your personal preference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1es0qtad78b2vj7/A10C%20Logitech%203D%20Profile%20krausemodified.rar?dl=0

Edited by MANoWAR.U51

While this thread appears to be a tad over 7 years old, may be worth a try to send a heapin' helpin' of gratitude....... as in THANK YOU! Every time I stumble upon visuals by users around here they're excellent. What put me on this path is pursuit of a "return to center" function for my Xtreme Pro 3D. The Logitech utility I'd abandoned hope for actually turns out to be quite capable...... but..... My biggest question about controllers for any sim/game is how to be confident the stick is under SOLE control of the DCS controls config, or sole control of an external tweaker like XPadder, x360ce, VJoy, etc.???? Tuning curves often appears to change nothing so I'm compelled to try an external tweaker. anyway, thanks at 75% of a decade later :)

that "krause" profile, for one......

Thanks for the profile, very helpful.

Here is the modified krause profile for DCS 2.5. I´ve tried to stick to the reference picture in the first post but changed minor stuff. I also added alternative keyboard modifiers (lshift,lcntrl,lalt,ralt,rcntrl,rshift) for the 7-12 button modifiers because I prefer to use them. Change axis curves and deadzones to your personal preference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1es0qtad78b2vj7/A10C%20Logitech%203D%20Profile%20krausemodified.rar?dl=0

Howdy MANoWAR.U51...... is that "krause" of BMS Falcon training videos on YouTube? I'm seeking a "return to center" for my Xtreme 3D Pro stick......just learning that a .lua file is ASCII is a big help. In some other flight app/game the return to center is nuilt in; it appears from this series of posts that capability might be accessible by .lua. yet toi see, thanks for the xlnt contribution.