Start DCS world on secondary monitor instead of primary?

Hi all,

I have two monitors on my system, one at a desk and the other is mounted in a sim chair.

Is there any way I can configure DCS world to always start up on the secondary monitor instead of the primary one?

Right now when I run DCS I have to go to the desk, start it up, go into options turn off full screen, drag the window to about halfway off the monitor then go to the sim chair, get seated and drag the window the rest of the way over, then go back into options and turn fullscreen back on.

That is obviously quite a PITA to do every time I want to fly.

Some games have an option in the settings for what monitor to use but I couldn't find anything like that in the settings for DCS world.

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

There's a way to change it in the lua, but it will blank out your primary monitor in the process. So far I haven't found a way to run it on an alternate monitor without letting it at least control the primary

And how would I go about doing that? I tried searching for "monitor lua" but every post I found was about setting up multiple monitors and MFDs and the who she-bang and I got lost real fast.

I only need ONE monitor to work but I need it to be a SPECIFIC monitor.

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

And how would I go about doing that? I tried searching for "monitor lua" but every post I found was about setting up multiple monitors and MFDs and the who she-bang and I got lost real fast.

I only need ONE monitor to work but I need it to be a SPECIFIC monitor.

Multiple monitors and MFDs and the who she-bang is the key, getting un-lost is the difference between making it work and blowing things up. Like flying an airplane, it's worth understanding.

Count the pixels you have, configure DCS to use them all, then decide where the main display is. Back up the existing lua; you will cause yourself problems, and having a good copy will save you.

So, add up all your pixels

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = <someplace>;

y = <someplace> ;

width = How many pixels wide is the screen?;

height = How high;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = Aspect ratio;