An idea of VR cockpit

I too use a vr pit. I have my two MFDs right where they are supposed to be (w Monitors for BMS) as well as HOTAS and a cockpit driven by an arduino board. First off all these concerns about fumbling around are mitigated by actually flying with your configuration a few times (or ore) until as others have said you establish muscle memory. Same for the HOTAS. I also keep my mouse down by my right thigh so clicking things in the cockpit have never been an issue.

I am also test the point control, as mentioned elsewhere and it works great. However I use it in conjunction with my actual VR pit and the two dont conflict. I do like the feel of moving actual switches.

Los

P.S> its OK to try things out and maybe once and a while you crash, its not like DCS deletes itself after every adverse event.

LosVRpit.jpg

Edited by Los

I have a Logitech T-650 touchpad mounted in front of my throttle. It’s configured for left click, right click, and scroll wheel. Plus I mapped general functions to the WH HOTAS. I never have to touch the keyboard or mouse (or peek under the HMD) when flying.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

I have a Logitech T-650 touchpad mounted in front of my throttle. It’s configured for left click, right click, and scroll wheel. Plus I mapped general functions to the WH HOTAS. I never have to touch the keyboard or mouse (or peek under the HMD) when flying.

Not the desired approach that I’m trying to explore, but this is certainly an interesting way. Better than the track ball as I can feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

I too use a vr pit. I have my two MFDs right where they are supposed to be (w Monitors for BMS) as well as HOTAS and a cockpit driven by an arduino board. First off all these concerns about fumbling around are mitigated by actually flying with your configuration a few times (or ore) until as others have said you establish muscle memory. Same for the HOTAS. I also keep my mouse down by my right thigh so clicking things in the cockpit have never been an issue.

I am also test the point control, as mentioned elsewhere and it works great. However I use it in conjunction with my actual VR pit and the two dont conflict. I do like the feel of moving actual switches.

Los

P.S> its OK to try things out and maybe once and a while you crash, its not like DCS deletes itself after every adverse event.

LosVRpit.jpg

Agreed. Given that any mediocre guitar player knows how to strum 4, 5, or 6 strings for a given chord, it's not too difficult to move a few switches around.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I got tired of fumbling with the motion controls to interact with cockpit so I started working on an MFD/UFC combo. It will also have a 3 way toggle switch to apply modifiers so I can switch between left/right/center MFDs. It's powered by a BBI-64. Just waiting on the hardware to arrive so I can start building.

The BBI is going to be detachable via back panel so I can swap it between any future button boxes I decide to make.

jHXjuUv.jpg

Still genius !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Kool ! I may have to place my first Shapeways order for this :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2