FAC not working

Havoc25

Not sure why this has started to happen... when I make a simple JTAC mission, all goes well until I am READY TO COPY REMARKS. at that point the FAC stops cumminicating. I have tried in both Open beta ans stable version. Everything is created correctly. It's just when it gets to that point to copy remark, jtac is gone.

• 2 months later...

I've just spent 2 hours with AFAC - and I think with the Hornet, JTAC doesn't like Mavs or even dumb bombs.

I'm not there yet, but if I have CBUs I get asked to use them or guns. Take ammo from the guns and use MAV or Mk82s I just get sent away by the JTAC........

TOTALY weird and took me ages as I had one JTAC mission working, and another with the same variables for the JTAC NOT working. Changed loadout and voila!!

Hope you got this fixed - found the post whilst searching for any answers for me.

Is the target moving?

LOS has big impact on Jtac function. A structure, tree sloped terrain or any other obstacles could affect the Jtac unit LOS. Even if it is reported OK in ME.

Hit F7 and zoom to the Jtac unit and see if there anything could be blocking his LOS.

And if the target or Jtac is moving, Jtac may lost the LOS and render unusable.

Thanks for the help, but no joy.

Stationary artillary as well as other "test subjects".

Same mission:

AGM65E = GOOD. Ordered Mavs and gave reference and laser spot.

AGM65F = Cannon only.

As I said same mission - just a loadout change between saves so it "can't" be the JTAC coding....

Edited by MrReynolds