DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 52 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2019, 10:34 AM   #511
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator
 
Silver_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arafo, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
Posts: 6,470
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camino View Post
it's Time for ED to say something about Hind.
ED was put info about the Hind on January
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=177
__________________
More news to the front
Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:36 PM   #512
Camino
Junior Member
 
Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Weserstrand
Posts: 50
Default

Yeah, you're right. They said, something about the Hind. But in comparison to the F-18 and now F-16 Grade of Communication ist a very vaque Info, IMHO.
I mean, look at the First true Info about the Viper. Very detailed Infos about the Systems, Weaponry und Release-Plans.
If they would so say: Hey Guys, we plan to release Hind after Viper, these and these System are planned, etc. I would be absolutely OK with that. If the Production "is well underway", why do not share anything more concrete with the community?
Camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #513
Razorback
Member
 
Razorback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brussels
Posts: 465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
ED was put info about the Hind on January
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=177

Sorry, but I really don't understand why you are trying to defend the none communication of ED regarding the Mi-24.
A huge number of simers are waiting this announced module since a very long time now. Most of us will agree if I say that this module will for sure become one of the most famous one of DCS.

And yes, most of us are really not happy with the non communication of ED regarding this module.
Even the announcement of the F-16 module was followed by additional news. In fact more F-16 news in two months compared to the news on the Mi-24, announced far far away !
ED or other partners are generally sharing more info during their module development process compared to the Mi-24.

And yes it is now a lot of frustration from many of us.

I really like en enjoy the ED products, the progress made during the last years was absolutely fantastic but sorry to say that the ED communication regarding the Mi-24 is shameful !


The small news begin of January sounded for me like a joke !
You can agree of disagree but for me the black hole around the Mi-24 module is a fact !

Last edited by Razorback; 02-22-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #514
[105]-Rahon
Junior Member
 
[105]-Rahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Plock, Poland
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
Please Heatblur, could you hear us ?
Maybe could you develop the Mi-24 like you have developed the big cat ?
A huge number of rotor heads need your expertise and even more the way you communicate which is for me really outstanding !
Yes Heatblur, Mi-24D and V, like F-14A and B, pretty please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Dont expected them, If HB make a helo, can be a Navy/USMC/Sweden helo
OK, Razbam then! They are getting some considerable expertise in old Soviet tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYLON View Post
Are we getting multi crew for the Mi-8?
Well, according to one of Wags' statements, I've heard, we'll get it eventually, but that's nothing new since BST's first announcement for the UH-1. I don't get it really - so many years since multicrew availability in DCS and they still didn't add it to both halicopters. It's like they rather continue working on new modules, instead of making this final step on the road of UH-1 and Mi-8 completion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
The KA50 is a great module, but I would say, its extravagant koaxial rotor design and unpopularity might hold back people from buying it and buy the Huey instead.
Big problem with Ka-50 is that it was never truelly accepted into Russian or any other military and never really used in combat, except for a brief period in Chechnya, where it was undergoing "combat trials". AFAIK those were final nail for its coffin and led to further development of Ka-52.
Because of this, among other things, Ka-50 is not truely an iconic aircraft, compared to things, like Hind, Cobra, Apache or perhaps even Havok and one might say it did very well in sales as it is, but won't be able to hold the candle to those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
The Mi-24 Hind, with no doubt, will be the top seller of all helicopters
Actually I think, Apache might beat it... Or maybe even Cobra. U.S. is the biggest market of all for 'virtual entertainment stuff' and this is home turf for those two. Not saying, that Americans won't buy Mi-24, but they'll be more prone to "blue" combat helos. Add to that sales world-wide, and they might get more sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
and surely will be an entry model in DCS for those, who never were into helicopters before. Its the most unique, impressive and popular combat helicopter, we could think of.
I think this will be Cobra, once available. I find UH-1 very easy and fun to fly. More so, than Ka-50 (in contrary to some others, who consider Kamov to be the easiest one) and since Cobra is more of the same in more aerodynamic and more powerfull package, it might be a blast!
Mi-24 on the other hand may suprise you. It should be more responsive than Mi-8, but has some nasty habits. For example, you shouldn't go above 4g's in the Hind. If you do so, you might get your controlls locked-up. If you somehow manage to regain controll, your autopilot settings will be of, so you'll have to turn it back on on the fly. So it's not a heli, I'd recommend for beginners. They should consider UH-1 (with Upuaut's Bell 47) or Gazelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
Also a more huge variety of mission scenarios is thinkable with the Hind, more than with any other combat helicopter.
If you refer to troop transport capability, it's doable, but rarely ever executed IRL, as it makes more sense to clean up the area with Mi-24's and then drop off a ton of troops fro Mi-8s. I't would be great in DCS aswell, as we could get to coop with Mi-8 pilots.
So troop insertion missions would be cool as something different from time to time, but I sure hope they won't make a daily basis of DCS Hind experience.
What would be really cool though is to have two side window gunners, one per each side. That was done IRL (i.eg. that's how Poles flew their Hinds in Iraq and Afghanistan) and technically you can get up to eight such gunners (4 per side) in Mi-24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
So back on topic. I think the HIND is the most likely combat helicopter that we will get from Eagle Dynamics. Whenver that is.

I believe it will come before the Cobra, or any other helicopter in development with Eagle Dynamics and the reason why I believe this is twofold.

First: The Hind shares a lot of systems with the Hip, or Mi8. It's logical to assume that this will make for an easier development
Yes, all of above is the general impression, I think, we all get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
Second: AFAIK the Cobra was mostly used as a close air support helicopter gunship, usually against enemy troops, very rarely against armor. The "P" on the other hand is perfect for killing armor. DCS doesn't really do troops very well does it? Not when compared to armor.
No, it's not (unless you're talking about AH-1G). Ever since Vietnam War ended, Bell was working on making the Cobra a true combat helicopter with all the bells and wistles, that come with it. It got better armour (don't expect the flat-plate canopy glass to be armoured though ), ATGMs, M197 gun turret, active and passive countermeasures and so on. In fact the variant, we're getting for DCS (AH-1F) is more capable, than Mi-24V or P.
And they were so used against the armor... Like Israeli AH-1 Tzefas in the Lebanon (they allso shot down a Gezelle in Syria ) or U.S. AH-1Fs and AH-1Ws during the Desert Storm (yep, not only Apaches were there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
So it makes more sense to do a heavy attack helicopter before a close air support helicopter. At least that's my opinion on this matter.
Aside of AH-1F fitting pretty much the same role, as Mi-24, only better, I fail to see, why would it make more sense? Particularly for BST/ED. I mean, we've already been through it With UH-1, Mi-8 and Gazelle (not an ED product, but still counts ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
ED was put info about the Hind on January
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=177
Yes, it did, and that's pretty much, what envigorated this discusion. Mi-24 was either suggested or announced by ED and BST so many times for past 10 years, and that's all, they have to show us? I mean, for the same time they were able to develop so many modules, like two Korean War fighters, F-5, Hornet, F-15's AFM, now the F-16... And even F-4 was shown tho gain so much progress untill 2017, and that's, what they have to show us, when it comes to Mi-24? An unfinished 3D of pilot's cockpit? That's just shamefull, as Razorback wrote. I mean, I get it, that jet's have bigger priority, but c'mon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
Even the announcement of the F-16 module was followed by additional news. In fact more F-16 news in two months compared to the news on the Mi-24, announced far far away !
Just to be fair here - much, like Mi-24, F-16 was kind of announced back 10 years ago, so let's play it fair game - swallow the pill of F-16 news avalanche untill it comes out and right after then expect similar approach to Mi-24 news reveals from ED.
Other than that, I fully agree with everything, you wrote.
__________________
105th Virtual Combat Helicopters Regiment

Last edited by [105]-Rahon; 02-22-2019 at 04:38 PM.
[105]-Rahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:37 AM   #515
- Voight -
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [105]-Rahon View Post
Actually I think, Apache might beat it... Or maybe even Cobra. U.S. is the biggest market of all for 'virtual entertainment stuff' and this is home turf for those two. Not saying, that Americans won't buy Mi-24, but they'll be more prone to "blue" combat helos. Add to that sales world-wide, and they might get more sales
Couldn´t follow up the statement, that the western aircraft models sells twice as much as the eastern aircrafts in general.
When it comes to a comparison between the MiG-15 and the F-86, the F-86 surely will be sold more often, because of the bigger market in the west, just because you would expect from these two models exactly the same capabilities, quality and gameplay... they even look the same and the decision to prefer the F-86 before the MiG15 might be more based on the expectation, than on any other reason, that western people get more quickly familiar with the module, than with the MiG-15.

I don´t think, that any flight simmer buys a module out of political reasons, but for entertaining reasons. We are looking for the quality of module, level of detail, flight modell, depth of system simulation, capabilities of the aircraft and in particular advantages in multiplayer.

Surely we rotorheads will order the Hind as same quick as the Cobra or an Apache, if there were any, but arguing from a selling point of view and to bring new players/customers into Helicopters, I think the Hind would be more preferable than the Cobra.

The Hind seems to be much more exciting and iconic already, when following the discussions about each modell. This excitement might result of the close connection between Hollywood Movies and PCgaming industrie. Mostly the movies and popular media create an iconic picture and make a military aircraft famous, of which we then could keep the excitement alive through the flight sims.
The Cobra has not really excitement and no iconic reference to the entertainment branch, like the F-14 for instance or the Hind. The Hind even has no western equivalent like most of the other aircrafts, it´s a unique helicopter worldwide.

This might be no reason for us, already being into flight simming or helicopters, but for first buyers a reason to get into it.
So, I would say in short, the more present a military aircraft is in movies or media, the better it could be sold in DCS, no matter if it´s an eastern or western modell.
Surely creating a new modell should not be based on that, but it should be taking into account on the selling point of view. Finally it´s the quality of each module, what values most.

Last edited by - Voight -; 02-23-2019 at 08:40 AM.
- Voight - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:52 PM   #516
Jumbik
Member
 
Jumbik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 609
Default

My bet is that we will see Hind released together with the map of Afghanistan... well because you know why.

It will be sold as a bundle too. The same way how F-18C was with Hormuz.
__________________
Do, or do not, there is no try.
--------------------------------------------------------
Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.
Jumbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:23 PM   #517
[105]-Rahon
Junior Member
 
[105]-Rahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Plock, Poland
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
Couldn´t follow up the statement, that the western aircraft models sells twice as much as the eastern aircrafts in general.
When it comes to a comparison between the MiG-15 and the F-86, the F-86 surely will be sold more often, because of the bigger market in the west, just because you would expect from these two models exactly the same capabilities, quality and gameplay... they even look the same and the decision to prefer the F-86 before the MiG15 might be more based on the expectation, than on any other reason, that western people get more quickly familiar with the module, than with the MiG-15.

I don´t think, that any flight simmer buys a module out of political reasons, but for entertaining reasons.
It's not all about politics, really. Some people may have wanted to fly a particular aircraft, like U.S. Apeche IRL, but couldn't make it for various reasons, so they might want to get into it in DCS more, than anything. Some other may actually do fly it IRL, or did so in the past, and would want to see, how does DCS module compare and is it at least part as cool, as it was to fly the real thing. There are allso some, who might have this sort of 'patriotic' approach to buying particular stuff, used by their country's military, regarding of where they live. And there will allways be fanboys, who saw and bellieved in one quasi-documentary video, stating that i.eg. Apache is the best combat helicopter in the world (IMHO there's no such thing as best or worst weapons platform, it all depends on plenty of variables, like proper tactics, general tactical situation, battlefield and many others) and they want the best. And Apache had lots of such videos and plus it had a ton of screen time in various movies. Generaly it had lots of good PR, much like F-14 or F-16.
Such reasons to purchase a module are not exclusive to U.S. - it's probably all the same around the world, but my point was, that Apache is the most widely used combat helicopter in the 'western world', and it just so happens, that this is the largest market for IT stuff, particularly the U.S. Again, I'm NOT CLAIMING, that American Rotorheads won't be generally interested in Mi-24, but I am saying, that U.S. and other 'western countries' people with motivations, as listed above, may actually tip the scale heavily in favor of the Apache. Simply because statisticaly there's more of them on the IT market, than those from behind the ol' Iron Courtain. Good example of this, is why did RoF initially had basic planeset consisting of SPAD XIIIc1, Nieuport 28c1, Fokker D.VII and Albatross D.Va, with A.I. two-seaters like Breguet XIVa2 and D.F.W. C.V - these were all major aircraft used over the American part of the western front in 1917/1918, so for NeoQB it was an obvious choice to generate sales in U.S.A.
By the way, what's your point on the MiG-15 vs. F-86 argument? Are you stating, that MiG sold out better, than Sabre in the U.S.? Maybe it did, I don't know. I don't even know, if anyone outside of ED knows that for sure. Anyways, Korean War and it's weapon platforms are far less popular, than, let's say the 'Nam stuff and even it doesn't seem to be able to hold a candle to popularity of stuff from WWII or modern. For example just look, how many KW sims were there - from the top of my head: Virgin's Sabre Ace (1997), Rowan's MiG Alley (1999) and conversions/mods for major WWII sims, like CFS2, CFS3, old Sturmovik or Targetware and that's it. For over 20 years. Alltogether it's less, than you get ED sim instations from Flanker 2.0 up untill DCS 2.5 (same time coverage). Now add other jet-, helicopter- and WWII sims from this time period to the bunch. Which again brings me to my point of having good PR
So generaly speaking I don't think, that MiG v Sabre sales casus (regardless of how did it turn out to be) is representative to what Mi-24 or AH-1 v Apache sales will look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
We are looking for the quality of module, level of detail, flight modell, depth of system simulation...
These are all pretty much top-notch as a standard option for any DCS module, particularly for such devs, like Heatblur, ED or Razbam, and since Hind, Cobra and potential Apache would be coming out from ED, there's no real competition here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
...capabilities of the aircraft and in particular advantages in multiplayer.
Well, I don't. What I like, I fly more often and what I don't like, just sits in my hangar. I bought BlackShark 1 and 2, as it was the only helo in DCS for quite some time. And Ka-50 is a good example - it's most advantageous in MP, as it has decent armour protection and variety of load-out options. So what, if Gazelle is better in air-to-air, if your basic role as a combat helo pilot is to blow up the stuff, that's sitting on the ground? And that's still the domain for the Hokum in DCS. So theoreticaly I should fly it the most, but I don't - barely ever take it for a spin, since UH-1 came out.
Still, what one considers to be, or not to be advantageous doesn't translate to sales/purchases. I.eg. I'm gonna buy the Hind and the Cobra ASAP and fly them to death simply because I like those two. Regardless of the fact, that flying Hind against Ka-50s (Mi-24 is NATO-used chopper since 1999, so why not to put some on the blue team? ) and at some point in time against AH-1Fs and possibly AH-64s is going to be vastly disadvantageous for me. I probably gonna buy the hypothetic Apache at some point, but that only if my home-budget would allow this without too much of a stretch. Plus I'll probably never buy the BO 105. It has very impressive flight capabilities, no argument there, but I never really liked it simply for aesthetic reasons and my Gazelle fits pretty much the same role.
I bellieve, I'm not the only one with this kind of purchasing approach, only the priority of modules may differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
Surely we rotorheads will order the Hind as same quick as the Cobra or an Apache, if there were any...
Well, that depends. Speaking just for myself now - currently I'm unemployed, so it's not exactly, like I'm sleeping on a bag of money. I'd love to own literaly everything in DCS, but that's out of the scope now. Even when I do get a job, my income minus taxation, bills and everyday expenses will likely not be enough to buy a new module every month. Gonna have to make some savings first or wait for promos and stuff. However if the Hind goes pre-purchase tommorrow, I'll buy it, even if I had to sell a kidney. Cobra would be tempting too. In case of the hypothetic Apache hitting the virtual streets of DCS, I'll wait, untill buying it won't hurt my wallet.
Again, purchase priorities. These were mine, others have theirs. Now, why I actually said, Apache would sell better? Commercial succes or failure is most oftenly measured by how well the sales did within a specific (usually fairly short) time period after release. This is the time, when merchandise is considered 'fresh' and new, so potential customer base gets most hyped to buy it and the manufacturer gets the biggest shot of cash from it. For the reasons given above, I believe that Apache will generate more hype from both us Rotorheads, as well, as other DCS flyers, who are just casuals, when it comes to helos, because of how famous it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
...but arguing from a selling point of view and to bring new players/customers into Helicopters, I think the Hind would be more preferable than the Cobra.The Hind seems to be much more exciting and iconic already, when following the discussions about each modell.
Those discussions are already mostly made by us, the Rotorheads, who are already more or less keen on the subject. It's true, that AH-1F is less popular, than many other choppers, which is another reason why I think, ED should have gone for '68 AH-1G or any Marine variant, particularly AH-1W. Other Army versions kind of went under the radar, because during their service there where other "bigger 'n better" combat helicopter programs, like AAFS, that dragged on even after original AH-56 idea was scrapped and eventually turned into AAH. The Foxtrot Cobra is espacially good example for that, as it came out, while the AAH was about to give out the Apache. Plus the LHX was soon on. Still AH-1F was a very capable helicopter for it's time and could hold it's own even today. Arguably even more so, than Mi-24D, V, or P and people gonna learn that quickly.
Usually, when newcommers with no motivation/hype for a specific model want to try helos, they don't just buy one blindly. They ask questions, like 'which helicopter should I buy?' or 'which helicopter will suit my needs best?' They ask their online friends, who already may have some expertise, post those questions on this forum and sometimes even go watch YouTube channels, like xxJohnxx or MagzTV. And it is kind of our responsibility to recommend to them one, that will be fairly easy to fly and manage, so that their first experience will be an entartaining one and make them crave for more So our "Rotorhead community" can grow. To the best of my knowledge AH-1F may proove to be better in that regard than Mi-24, but we will all see about it, when they are both available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
This excitement might result of the close connection between Hollywood Movies and PCgaming industrie. Mostly the movies and popular media create an iconic picture and make a military aircraft famous, of which we then could keep the excitement alive through the flight sims.
Wow... This is exactly one of my reasons of why Apache may sell better, than Hind or Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
The Cobra has not really excitement and no iconic reference to the entertainment branch, like the F-14 for instance or the Hind. The Hind even has no western equivalent like most of the other aircrafts, it´s a unique helicopter worldwide.
Just, as I wrote above, Army Cobras were less popular, because throughout their service people were expecting things, like AH-56, AH-63 and finally AH-64 to come out and replace them. Still I don't think, Hinds "iconism" is going to be an ultimate selling factor for majority of helo-newcomers. I think, they'll want something manageable for a start and then maybe go Mi-24 in future, which IMHO is a good approach BTW.
Now about that 'iconism' - it's still alive today, but it's kinda faded. It was big back in the Eghties (just look at all those movies, like Rambo 2 and 3 ), when it was something new, big, weird, reported good service ratio in Afghanistan and was unknown both in west and east due to Soviet secretive approach to military stuff. Did you know, that when U.S. Analitics first saw Mi-24 on some intelligence reports, they thought, that the gun camera on left wingtip is actually a laser range-finder/target aquisitor? This got them quite scared, as United States didn't have this technology developed for their choppers yet. This in part put more preassure on development of such devices for AH-1F and AAH prototypes, which were expected to go toe-to-toe with Mi-24 during the WWIII. All of this, while in fact no old Hind variant (meaning other, than Mi-24PN, Mi-35M and some local modernisations from present time) had any sort of laser device, just pure optics for ATGMs and a set of collimator sights for everything ellse This sort of careful approach to expected Mi-24 capabilities translated further onto general public and was expressed in popular culture.
Nowadays however, and let's be frank about it, Hind is mostly viewed as a piece of old Soviet tech. Pretty much yesterdays news. Yes, there are still some, who appreciate it or outright love it, like us here, but I doubt, that's how general public views it. Especially since we've got so many new models, like Apaches, Super Cobra and Viper, Tigre and Tiger, Mangusta and ATAK, WZ-10, Hokums, Havok plus some small asian recon/combat helos - the Ninja or HAL. And there was/is(?) allso the Comanche. And look at what 'compund future' has to offer - the Raider and stuff. All of this diludes general public's impression of the Hind more and more. It's only natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
This might be no reason for us, already being into flight simming or helicopters, but for first buyers a reason to get into it.
I think, it's the other way around. We already know, what this helicopter is or is not, so we can appreciate it. Usually, when you are a fan of a specific airframe, you get invested into learning about it. Especially nowadays with all the acces to information and data via Internet. In other words, if someone is a fan of Mi-24 or whatever other helicopter, chances are, that person already knows a thing or two about it and if didn't already became a sim Rotorhead, probably never will. Unless you're talking about very young people in their teens, but they will likely first go for casual stuff, like WarThunder, Heliborne or Air Missions: Hind and won't even bother with DCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
So, I would say in short, the more present a military aircraft is in movies or media, the better it could be sold in DCS, no matter if it´s an eastern or western modell.
Add to that the points, I've made at the begining of this post, and that's exactly why I think, Apache may sell better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Voight - View Post
Surely creating a new modell should not be based on that, but it should be taking into account on the selling point of view. Finally it´s the quality of each module, what values most.
That's probably the biggest thing, that makes DCS stand out from it's competition and I don't think, that's up for any discussion, but make no mistake - popularity of a particular aircraft is a thing they strongly take into consideration. After all everyone, who does something for a living want's to earn money from it and not loose time, he could use to make money ellsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbik View Post
My bet is that we will see Hind released together with the map of Afghanistan... well because you know why.

It will be sold as a bundle too. The same way how F-18C was with Hormuz.
That's as probable, as it is scary. I mean, there are no real news, nor official announcement of such map other, than vague 'we'll make it someday', so how long would they keep pushing the Hind back? It already fits Georgian map perfectly. So it will the Syrian map.
And with that said, since Syria seems to be coming before Afghanistan, then what? AH-1F first?
__________________
105th Virtual Combat Helicopters Regiment

Last edited by [105]-Rahon; 02-24-2019 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Typo corrections.
[105]-Rahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:58 AM   #518
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator
 
Silver_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arafo, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
Posts: 6,470
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
Sorry, but I really don't understand why you are trying to defend the none communication of ED regarding the Mi-24.
A huge number of simers are waiting this announced module since a very long time now. Most of us will agree if I say that this module will for sure become one of the most famous one of DCS.
And? What is the problem? your dream helo has not show on news ALL weeks? and no, RAZBAM or other 3rd parties has nothing to do with a HIND meanwhile the "old" BSK working on them, and ED dont get any "licence" to build a "parallel" project to make a coup vs other team.

Remember, all subject to change and Nothing has WRITE in stone.
__________________
More news to the front
Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 02-25-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:10 PM   #519
Razorback
Member
 
Razorback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brussels
Posts: 465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
And? What is the problem? your dream helo has not show on news ALL weeks? and no, RAZBAM or other 3rd parties has nothing to do with a HIND meanwhile the "old" BSK working on them, and ED dont get any "licence" to build a "parallel" project to make a coup vs other team.

Remember, all subject to change and Nothing has WRITE in stone.

We don't ask for news ALL WEEKS but just more than ONCE A YEAR !
Is that really too much to ask for a module announced on multiple occasions ?

I'm (and many others) not here to only whine and cry about that but read the other posts and you will see that we are only asking for some news regarding the current situation of this project.

A lot of people are thinking that it is a real issue with the Mi-24 project and a single basic screenshot in 365 days will not convince us that the project is still up and running as announced.
And if you seem to know so well the people of ED it is maybe time to suggest them to give us more meat on the bones... Notting more.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:38 PM   #520
[105]-Rahon
Junior Member
 
[105]-Rahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Plock, Poland
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
And? What is the problem? your dream helo has not show on news ALL weeks?
Yes. Our dream helo, that's 10 years overdue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
and no, RAZBAM or other 3rd parties has nothing to do with a HIND
They've got nothing to do with Mi-24P, that's for sure. Still, AFAIK no BST/ED official said anything about other variants being permanently off the table for 3rd party devs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
meanwhile the "old" BSK working on them
"Them"? Do you imply, ED has plans regarding Mi-24D or Mi-24V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
and ED dont get any "licence"to build a "parallel" project to mae a coup vs other team.
Not now for sure, but how about some time in the future? Or will we get stuck with just Mi-24P, because ED will already have their Hind done and wouldn't want anyone ellse to make an other variant even when ED itself will already have long moved into other projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Remember, all subject to change and Nothing has WRITE in stone.
And that's some scary stuff, as ED might just put the Hind back in ice if they feel like it. For instance, like if F-4 fans would cry-out loud, how they want the Pahntom ASAP all the while we here would keep quiet. You've been out there, you know what's happening. I've seen your reply post about Hind allegedly coming out after F-16 and how did they react to that. They luuv them Pahntom real sweet, and want it to come after the 16
Our ranting is mainly due to sheer frustration and disappointment. Please, understand: we've been waiting for it for so many years now... Over a decade for some, but for the sake of an argument, let's stick with BST's first official Hind announcement as starting point (2014). That's over four years now and after all that time of allegedly working on it that one picture is really all, they have to show us (except for the Mi-24P external model, that kind of "happened to" show up in one of Wags' F/A-18 videos)? That's really disappointing, especially since I've seen BST doing whole modules in much shorter time period. So we need to unload our frustration, kind of safety valve, like this topic... especially since there's not much of 'hard news' about DCS Mi-24 to discuss.
And I get it, that F-16 is expected to be "seeing us soon", so ED is naturally going to spam news about it, like crazy to generate more hype and increase the sales - that's a typical marketing campaign, BUT it would be realy, realy nice, if they would kindly throw us something more, than just vague 'yeah, we're working on it' from time to time. Why? Because that's what we got untill now and in January we all saw, just how much did they manage to built up due to that work and we're scared. One, it's because most of us felt, like this project is not treated seriously by ED. Which leads to my point number two, which is that ED might keep on delaying it anytime they come up with another idea of a new module either to compete with 3rd parties, other sim devs or just because it would seem like there's more hype for it on this forums.

EDIT:
BTW, have you gus seen this:
__________________
105th Virtual Combat Helicopters Regiment

Last edited by [105]-Rahon; 02-26-2019 at 02:39 PM.
[105]-Rahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:54 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.