WHY IS THIS MOUSE SO HIGH???

I own this mouse. I am using it while making this post. Why is it so high? I paid nowhere NEAR this price for this mouse. Even if I did, I got it a long time ago and I would have expected the price for something as common as a mouse to drop.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE3NV0614&Description=g700s&cm_re=g700s-_-26-104-839-_-Product

$229.99

$195.98

Save: $34.01 (15%)

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G700s-Rechargeable-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00BFOEY3Y/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=g700s&qid=1555923766&s=gateway&sr=8-1

$308.92

300 dollars for a mouse...... have these people lost their minds?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes , actually , people have lost their minds .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I have two of them (bought one for my PC, one for my Mac) and aren't even using them right now... maybe I should hit eBay. ;)

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I own this mouse. I am using it while making this post. Why is it so high? I paid nowhere NEAR this price for this mouse. Even if I did, I got it a long time ago and I would have expected the price for something as common as a mouse to drop.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE3NV0614&Description=g700s&cm_re=g700s-_-26-104-839-_-Product

$229.99

$195.98

Save: $34.01 (15%)

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G700s-Rechargeable-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00BFOEY3Y/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=g700s&qid=1555923766&s=gateway&sr=8-1

$308.92

300 dollars for a mouse...... have these people lost their minds?

Hi ya Quick long time no see, just go to Walmart and get a $20.00 to $30.00 dollar mouse...

it's the same thing and not this BS over hyped cheap electronics branding sell.

I bought a cheap chinese made laser mouse for $5.99 and its running better than the cheap unsupported German Ratz mouse I used to buy and it would burn out after one year.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

My favorite mouse was the MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. It was so popular that MS has re-released it with minor changes more than once. Razer got the rights to duplicate the shape in return for supplying internals for a MS high-end version. But the original was the best and commands a high price when bought new. This is a slightly later version but commands a premium price: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAJ7W8NZ8294&Description=intellimouse%20explorer%203.0&cm_re=intellimouse_explorer_3.0-_-9SIAJ7W8NZ8294-_-Product

For me, the shape was more important than anything else, so I have the Razer DeathAdder Elite that largely retains the right-handed shape of the original MS.

I can recall the Logictech G700 being "the mouse" for many gamers, too. More power to you if you are willing to pay $200 or $300 for them. About $80 to $100 is the limit I will pay for a mouse, and only if it will last a long time.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can find a lot more outragous than that in Amazon for books. Seen $20 books advertized at 1000s because they are out of print.

Guess there is money to be made if you are patient. To some $1k is loose change

That's capitalism personnally even if I could afford to I wouldn't the fact I'm being taken for a ride/mug would just bother me

As others said, it's out of production, plus Logitech replaced it with another even more expensive model that is inferior in some areas. The new model has less buttons and no swappable batteries, so if you are used to this particular shape and functions like fast scroll, then you're screwed.

We are at this point in history, when the new computer hardware is not necessarily better than the old hardware it replaces.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Look guys I understand out of production can raise prices but let's write a reality check here........ this is not some unique piece of KIT (like a Microsoft Force Feedback 2). It does not really provide any unique function (like Thrustmaster MFD's). It's a freaking mouse...... a mouse. I use it every day all day and though I like the clutch for the wheel and the fact I can swap the battery when it stops holding a charge the mouse is nothing special. The ONLY reason I even bought it was the 4 thumb buttons.

I will say that making a rechargeable mouse with a battery you can't swap is BS. That is just greedy companies creating e-waste by purposely designing their product with a flaw so they can make more money and it needs to stop.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look guys I understand out of production can raise prices but let's write a reality check here........ this is not some unique piece of KIT (like a Microsoft Force Feedback 2). It does not really provide any unique function (like Thrustmaster MFD's). It's a freaking mouse...... a mouse. I use it every day all day and though I like the clutch for the wheel and the fact I can swap the battery when it stops holding a charge the mouse is nothing special. The ONLY reason I even bought it was the 4 thumb buttons.

I will say that making a rechargeable mouse with a battery you can't swap is BS. That is just greedy companies creating e-waste by purposely designing their product with a flaw so they can make more money and it needs to stop.

For me, I hate rechargeable batteries. It's never charged when I need it, it takes too long to put it into action. But again, what's useless to one, is priceless to another.

And if the two things you use most, keyboard and mouse, make you more productive, maybe it's worth the higher price.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Look guys I understand out of production can raise prices but let's write a reality check here.

Here's a reality check. You're bitching about something being too expensive when you're looking at the price of an out-of-production, new in box item. It doesn't matter what the item is, if you want it new in box when it's been out of production for several years, you pay the price for that privilege. The price isn't dictated by what you originally paid for it or what you think it should be worth, it's dictated by supply and demand. You demand a copy, there's limited supply, guess what happens to the price?

Also, anyone can sell anything at any price, but that doesn't mean there will be buyers. You looked at the two highest prices online and then posted an all caps, three question marks topic about how exasperated you are, and yet a quick 30-second search on eBay shows that they regularly sell new in box for $150-180, and there's an auction up right now for another NIB copy.

Here's a reality check. You're bitching about something being too expensive when you're looking at the price of an out-of-production, new in box item. It doesn't matter what the item is, if you want it new in box when it's been out of production for several years, you pay the price for that privilege. The price isn't dictated by what you originally paid for it or what you think it should be worth, it's dictated by supply and demand. You demand a copy, there's limited supply, guess what happens to the price?

Also, anyone can sell anything at any price, but that doesn't mean there will be buyers. You looked at the two highest prices online and then posted an all caps, three question marks topic about how exasperated you are, and yet a quick 30-second search on eBay shows that they regularly sell new in box for $150-180, and there's an auction up right now for another NIB copy.

First off I am not bitching about anything...... I already own the mouse so why would I care how much it is. I simply fail to understand the reasoning behind the increased price.

Second, yes when things are no longer available the price goes up. That being said a mouse is a VERY common item.

Third, I did not target the highest prices I could find, I took 2 prices from 2 very popular websites I frequently do business with. That being Amazon and Newegg.

Fourth, yes I am sure you found cheaper prices on eBay but eBay is not a retail seller, it is an auction site. Most retail sellers sell products using the MSRP and reduce the price after the product is no longer in production to get rid of stock so they don't have to incur the cost or waste valuable space for storage.

Finally, go find something else to do besides trolling my thread. If you don't find value in my thread or wish to contribute anything (besides YOUR bitching) why are you wasting your time posting?

Don't write checks you can't cash.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep in mind, just because somebody asks a certain price on a marketplace doesn't mean they actually make that kind of money. A lot of offers like these remain standing for years and years. Both links you showed initially are actually marketplace offers from small companies or single persons just using a big company's website to do business.

I happen to have a particular book that is out of print that somebody keeps listing on Amazon for more than $1000...

Keep in mind, just because somebody asks a certain price on a marketplace doesn't mean they actually make that kind of money. A lot of offers like these remain standing for years and years. Both links you showed initially are actually marketplace offers from small companies or single persons just using a big company's website to do business.

I happen to have a particular book that is out of print that somebody keeps listing on Amazon for more than $1000...

Thank you for the response Kang.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The G13 is going through some similar stuff right now, except arguably it has no successors/replacements/possibilities as "like" or "suitable" as the G700 has.

And yeah I know it's a membrane device and isn't really all that incredible as far as hardware goes, but for MMOs, it has been by far the most useful input device I've used, and the competitors/alternatives are completely subpar in comparison IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126050

Completely baffled as to why Logitech hasn't made a suitable successor. Hell they could just reuse the frame and put some upgraded hardware in it and sell a whole bunch....

Now I have to be super careful not to spill any more beer on mine. It has had a rough life since 2008 but has kept trucking... joystick is chipped on its had, it's had many many beers, survived many moves, rage incidents, etc....

The G13 is going through some similar stuff right now, except arguably it has no successors/replacements/possibilities as "like" or "suitable" as the G700 has.

And yeah I know it's a membrane device and isn't really all that incredible as far as hardware goes, but for MMOs, it has been by far the most useful input device I've used, and the competitors/alternatives are completely subpar in comparison IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126050

Completely baffled as to why Logitech hasn't made a suitable successor. Hell they could just reuse the frame and put some upgraded hardware in it and sell a whole bunch....

Now I have to be super careful not to spill any more beer on mine. It has had a rough life since 2008 but has kept trucking... joystick is chipped on its had, it's had many many beers, survived many moves, rage incidents, etc....

Not really the same but, have you checked out an Elgato Stream Deck?

You should check it out and see what you think if you have not already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally I love the newer MX master series. I get weeks out of a charge unlike the Razers I've had which needed to be plugged back in every time you finished a session. I like being free from the need to carry batteries when I travel or worse, try to find batteries in small city in a foreign country. Love the extra buttons in both work and play. I have a newer one I bought about a year ago to replace the first one. That one was still working fine but I was nervous about it's age so I gave it to one of my kids. Turns out it's still running.

So what does this have to do with high prices on EOL products. In my opinion you can get a better mouse now and I've owned the subject of this scrutiny.

Also, at first I was thinking size when I read high. Then I thought, maybe the mouse is acting erratically. Then I thought I would click in and see just exactly what was going on with this high mouse situation. :)

Also, at first I was thinking size when I read high. Then I thought, maybe the mouse is acting erratically. Then I thought I would click in and see just exactly what was going on with this high mouse situation. :)

After reading "Why is this mouse so high?", my mind jumped directly to this one:

MT8FiUl.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The bigger question is why is this thread so long on a mouse so high...

:megalol:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not really the same but, have you checked out an Elgato Stream Deck?

You should check it out and see what you think if you have not already.

Negative, have not. It wouldn't work anyway as the main draw to the G13 was the joystick in combination with being able to so easily use other keys with that hand simultaneously. Plus I have severe carpal and cubital tunnel and the other devices are much less comfortable to use than the G13, but that might also be just because I've become so used to it and have established a good way to use it without irritating those issues. That plus a Naga or G600 in the other hand made for a nice combo for what I use them for, MMO and FPS.

When I first saw the title, I thought this was going to be about an actual mouse who got into somebody's stash....

Just picked up an MSFFB2 for about €14 (+€6 shipping) just as a backup if my first one dies. Pretty sure it's worth plenty more due to its rarity. Old/no longer produced stuff is pricey, just gotta get lucky or settle for used goods.
That is what I use when I fly helicopters. I use a RHINO for fixed wing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]