AMAZING KIT

I decided to make this thread for really useful peripherals that are not necessarily flight sim related but are very useful.

My goal is to just show the technology but decouple it from a vendor site if possible (Newegg, Amazon, Walmart, Bob's Used Tires...... whatever)

I will start with this.

COZOO Desktop Gaming Headset Holder Hanger with 3 USB Charger and 2 Outlets

71f0cNaf-EL._SL1500_.jpg

I love this headset holder.

First off it has 3 (count them THREE) USB charging ports. Please note these cannot be used for DATA they are only for charging.

This works perfectly for my needs because I have to charge my headset, my infrared tracking clip (think TrackIR) and my gyroscopic head tracker (I used a hybrid infrared/gyroscopic solution for my head tracking needs). In case you were counting that is 3 devices that need to be charged. :)

On top of that you have 2 electrical receptacles (or outlets as some of you may call them). Unfortunately I only know of them selling this for the United States standard.

Anyway this is a killer piece and I would recommend it to anyone (who lives in the US due to the electrical receptacles).

It even has an ON/OFF switch (though I struggle to know why you would use that for something designed to charge things).

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just found out they make a makeup mirror and a lamp as well.

Neat.

71GxdLZBq%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

71N91olvoNL._SL1500_.jpg

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Battle Mat - Extra Large 30" x 60" x .078" Mouse Pad

This thing is just too weird not to post.

It is a mouse pad. Now there are millions of those but this one is a bit special. It is 30 X 60 inches.

You read that right. 30 X 60 inches. THAT'S HUGE!!! It was made for first person shooter players who can't stay on the mouse pad.

81Co8lutCaL._SL1500_.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i just got this one with 16 programmable buttons. i use it for UFC on F/A-18

mice.thumb.png.d4663fc6c2ad38ee51f5fab84e03003b.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

That sure is a lot of buttons.

I thank you for participating. I would love to see this thread inundated with all kinds of oddball peripherals.

I just think it would be a fun thing to have and who knows maybe someone will inadvertently find the next big thing for this little hobby of ours. I mean I never saw the Elgato Stream Deck coming but here we are. :D

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am intrigued by what you said that you use a mix of track it /gyroscopic for head tracking. What is it exactly?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

What a good looking question. :megalol:

Thanks. The main reason I went to a hybrid solution is because I got tired of TrackIR 4 losing tracking when I looked down. I have absolutely 100% eliminated that problem.

I used the gyroscopic tracker for yaw, pitch, and roll while using the infrared for X,Y, and Z.

I use a PlayStation camera that was professionally modified with a filter. I ordered it from e-Bay and it was shipped from China. You could just do it yourself but it is an exercise in frustration (I attempted it the first time myself and just mauled the camera) so I would not recommend it. Please note ANY camera you order from anywhere WILL have some cosmetic damage on the back due to the difficulty of modification but it is not too bad, or at least mine wasn't.

I got my camera without a clip but this is a good example of what I am talking about.

Please note if you do this by yourself there are 2 models of this camera. Make sure you get the correct one. They look identical so you must know the model number.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OpenTrack-Camera-IR-LED-Track-Clip-Pro-work-on-FSX-ATS-ETS-TrackIR-5-alternate/151757117873?hash=item23556dd9b1:g:goMAAOSwGotWraMs

You will need the software for the PlayStation camera. You can get that here.

https://codelaboratories.com/products/eye/driver/

You will also need an infrared head tracking clip of some sort. The link I sent you comes with a Delan clip. However I recommend either the LukeClip or the UTC MKII as they are both wireless. I own both the LukeClip and UTC MK II and both of very high quality and the customer service from both was very good. (I do slightly prefer one over the other but I won't say which one as both are great and the differences are negligible)

You will need OpenTrack software. It is free and I find it very responsive. I use version 2.3.9 but you may want to get the latest version. This software is the secret to running a hybrid system like I use. You will have to use the FUSION setting to enable hybrid head tracking as you need 2 inputs (as in fusing them into one, get it?).

I use WIRELESS EDTracker for my gyroscopic tracking. This thing is SUPER SMOOTH. I have read complaints about drifting but I have not experienced that issue myself. I don't have to reset center any more than I do with TrackIR. The signal on this thing is so good I NEVER lose tracking or see a stutter due to tracking loss. In fact I had my wife stay in my game room and watch the monitor while I went into the living room and it never lost tracking. I can't speak for other people but when I used track IR the image always bounced a bit. Sometimes this made it difficult to click switches or such. EDTracker was much more stable than TrackIR (I was using TrackIR version 4).

If you use a wireless headset and decide to get the wireless version of EDTracker and one of the wireless infrared clips you can untether yourself from the computer. :D

The crazy part is it will probably be cheaper and work better than TrackIR5.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I ran the cost (shipping not included) and converted it to USD using today's exchange rates.

EDTracker $ 78.11 (Inc. VAT)

PS3 Camera $ 49.00

UTC MKII $ 60.00

OpenTrack $ 0.00

CL-EYE $ 2.99

$190.10

PS3 Camera $ 49.00

LukeClip $ 50.50

OpenTrack $ 0.00

CL-EYE $ 2.99

$180.60

TrackClip Pro Bundle $ 169.95 (Taken from the TrackIR website)

So yes TrackClip pro is cheaper but the clip breaks if you even look at it wrong and the solution I use has the benefit of being wireless for only a bit more.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out that LukeClip sells a bundle package including a PS3 camera. That is a REALLY good deal.

Per my Facebook conversation with Luke.

The wireless LukeClip v2 costs 45euro + 6 euro standard (no tracking) international shipping.

I also offer a bundle with a modified PS3 camera for 65euro + 7 euro standard (no tracking) international shipping.

Using Luke's bundled package (that didn't sound right) I calculated this cost.

Bundle deal with clip and PS camera $ 72.97

OpenTrack $ 0.00

CL-EYE $ 2.99

$154.07

Looks like a wireless solution that beats TrackIR5 in price to me. :)

If you just wanted to do infrared (no hybrid) that would only be $75.96. Less than half the price of TrackIR5 for a wireless solution.

Have a good day gents.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My cool product for today is this.

LovePads No Plastic Smell 30 x 60 Inches Clear Table Protector, Rectangular Non-Slip Water Resistant Wipeable Tablecloth Cover, Glass Top Coffee End Dining Table Protection Pad (this comes in MANY different sizes)

I like this not only for it's ability to protect your desk top from damage but also because it is clear. Why is that a big deal you ask. Well I like the idea of putting things under the mat for quick reference. There is also the possibility of this product evening out the desk surface (say from a seam or scratch).

I have ordered this product and I am going to test it.

If you can use a dry erase marker on it and wipe it clean........... even better.

Confession...... I just started playing AD&D using roll 20 (call me a nerd and get it out of your system) and I would love to be able to put a character sheet under this mat and update it using a dry erase marker. It would also be useful for taking notes and mapping.

I am sure it stays put fairly well (judging from the reviews) However, I bet if you bolted your flight gear down on top of the mat it would lock it down.

I will try it out and see how it works.

That being said why do we not have dry erase desktops? Even better if dry erase portion is a clear (and replaceable when it get's too scuffed) insert.

71Wnuz22uUL._SL1000_.jpg

71USMrp5vzL._SL1000_.jpg

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had to post this product.

Apparently uses LED's to light up the wall behind your monitor and it matches the hue of the game your playing.

Sort of neat.

https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/gaming?origin=18_us_en_gaming~aAL722776_facebook-ssta-nrt___lnkbttlefbawaq2_gamer_c94

hue-sync-play_720x405.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is an interesting product I found.

It is a USB powered lamp that sits on your monitor.

Great for space saving and lighting those flight peripherals.

BenQ ScreenBar e-Reading LED Task Lamp with Auto-Dimming and Hue Adjustment Features, Matte Black USB Powered Office Lamp

71FpP6myfPL._SL1500_.jpg

71LZVs6nSZL._SL1024_.jpg

61O%2BOqt%2Bc8L._SL1024_.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Home shopping network for flight simulators?������
No. Not really.

I just thought it might be fun post interesting computer related items. Not necessarily flight sim related.

Feel free to post anything useful or bizarre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

How the hell have I missed this thread?!

Nice finds QS!!

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes