DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

Whats the general opinion on the release date? 2019 or 2020¿¿
If you change the first "0" to "1" in your guessings and you are more close to reality I'm afraid...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

If you change the first "0" to "1" in your guessings and you are more close to reality I'm afraid...

Indeed, beginning of 2019, ED stated that they don't forget the rotor heads...That was the best joke of 2019.

For sure and despite some statement of some others defending the non-communication of ED, I am pretty SURE that you will not see the Mi-24 in 2019.

Even 2020 seems to be too optimistic...

I am waiting the Mi-24 since years but now I enjoy flying the F-14 from Heatblur. And you now what, I really like their communications to the community !

Why do you think if other modification that mi-24v with 12.7 rotary gun?

On the forum is rarely the conversation was about the V.

as another modification offered Mi-24VP with rotary ГШ-23л.(23мм)

Of course it could be the Mi-24VP, but the V and P were the most built.

25 units of the Mi-24VP were made before production ended (wikipedia). So why?

1500 units of the Mi-24V were made before Mi-24P was put on production. So why not?

Like if we go for a rotary weapon version, Mi-24V would be the most likely target around the war than P or VP.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Their working on the mi 24 AI

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3867972&postcount=1767

Roughly translated: Were trying to make a good copilot which is gonna take a long time and will have to go trough mass testing because he will need to be able to perform alot of functions of dcs, when theres something to show then we will show.

Why not...

Is it really a priority for ED to upgrade the Mi-24 AI?

If it's in order to have a functionnal Mi-24 gunman or pilot like Jester in the F-14 module...could be interesting...

Why not...

If it's in order to have a functionnal Mi-24 gunman or pilot like Jester in the F-14 module...could be interesting...

Well mi24 has no AI so thats why their making one, and yes they want an AI like jester in f14 which can do alot of 'dcs functions' but they said it will take alot lf time :(

Seems so - different translation with the comment it responded to:

A full co-pilot as a universal AI module is needed, I mean, one that would have common for the whole World principles of operation, because there are a lot of two-seater airplanes in real life, helicopters are mostly multi-seat, I think the ED is planning to do something in the future, where there is more than one pilot, the more the more LA is made, the smaller the list of what else can be done, but the co-pilot will be like a developed technology - they will make multi-seat cars without a doubt, it's like air / ground radar, as long as it is not there, there are no airplanes, it’s gonna be drunk and I think I have ED, this functionality will no longer be a problem

we are doing a second AI pilot. And of course we try to do well. And such functionality will be a problem for a long time, because it must link the various functions of the simulator with many cross-links. Of course, we will have to go through a stage of mass testing and revisions, but nevertheless it is in production.

There will be something to show - we will show.

Cheers.

ED has some time working on a copilot AI from some years ago, outside of the HB side, to make them realistic. That is not a waste if can use to implement better crew to AI units / Modules.

From December, 31 2017:

Mi-24P update:

3D model is not at the state when we are ready to flash it to tease you yet.

We've finished modelling of hover, takeoff and general performance in the air of this helicopter.

Currently team is working on Mi-24P crew AI. Mi-24P crew AI will be available as pilot or as gunner.

We are aiming to implement control over AI functionality with help of AI GUI which will allow you to use only 4 buttons to give AI specific commands regarding:

Heading

Speed

ALtitude

Maneuvers

Hover menu

Target choice

Also we are working on AI crew targets detection logic. It will not be just all-seeing AI copilot/gunner, as you can see on pics below, AI behaviour will not be simplistic and during spotting its being modelled to mimic real pilots training logic for spotting targets. Things like distance, angle and illumination will be taken into account among many others.

1st pic. Dependencies check

2nd pic. Angles scheme

3rd pic. Experimental data analysis

4th pic. Example of AI GUI for speed control

ED has some time working on a copilot AI from some years ago, outside of the HB side, to make them realistic. That is not a waste if can use to implement better crew to AI units / Modules.

From December, 31 2017:

This would be cool for all the helos.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 3 weeks later...

And so, the HYpetrain died out before it really began.

Just as planned...

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

• 2 weeks later...
The F16 now has it’s own forum, so, not long til they can shift more resources toward the Hind?

TaNh.gif

Or the Phantom :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg