AI wingman landing lights always turned on.

Amarok_73

I've noticed that after departure of AI wing, the wingman keeps the landing lights turned on. Is it already confirmed, or I've discovered something new?

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We can't control AI lights :/

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Thank you for your answer Rudel, I understand that, but in other modules they do not fly with landing light on somehow. But anyway, I found that the wingman will retract landing lights when I order him to perform one of the maneuvers. So maybe it could be somehow bound with the rejoin command - so when he automatically rejoins after take=off he would switch landing light off ?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
maybe it could be somehow bound with the rejoin command - so when he automatically rejoins after take=off he would switch landing light off ?

I think I noticed the same behaviour when you let the wingman takeoff before you with the "Follow Route" command and then order a "Rejoin".

When they came back they had their lights turned off.:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Can't the AI model start/spawn in without the lights off ?.....this is the only module that starts with the lights on be it 'Player' or 'AI',surely this issue can be addressed.

This now makes any attempt of using the MiG 21 in the missions or the mission editor unuseable as any AI used start with their external lights on,which is totally unrealistic,and frankly looks daft.

Especially on maps such as Nevada,where you have bright sunshine,what aircraft would use external lights in bright daylight ?????

doh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif

Please devs have another look at your Mig 21......at present it's unrealistic,there have been more than enough threads on here to show you the issue,it sarts to appear that your not concerned over this when month on month the problem is stll there.

I'm not sure what else we need to do to highlight this issue more clearer for you helpsmilie.gif

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

For me this is my major gripe with the module, but it's been like that for ages. It is even more unrealistic because in reality the lights get damaged if you fly above 600 km/h. It looks pretty stupid flying in a formation of four Mig-21s at MACH 1 with their landing lights on. It is absolutely ridiculous to perform night mission with your wingmen running their landing lights on during an intercept, so everyone could see us well. The only workaround for your flight is to order them to perform pincer maneuver, have AI start in the air or order your wingmen to follow the plan before takeoff...I'd love to see this addressed more than anything else, as it is the only module, which behaves like this. There surely has to be some workaround, which developers can do.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a sort of workaround that I've been using also in Stable.

At mission start, send an order to your wingman:

"Navigation" -> "Follow route" (or something similar, I don't remember by heart now the options in Navigation but there should be something like Follow Route)

Then do your stuff, takeoff and issue a rejoin.

Surprise, no landing lights on your wingie.

ps: if you follow him using F2 you will see that he turns lights off soon after take off (only with Navigation -> Follow Route)

Thanks forr you input, but unfortunately I am not the leader aircraft, it is a group existing of 3 AI pilots.

I will keep your ideas in mind, maybe I need it somewhere.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Thanks forr you input, but unfortunately I am not the leader aircraft, it is a group existing of 3 AI pilots.

I will keep your ideas in mind, maybe I need it somewhere.

It is possible to give them orbit with zero duration command in waypoint actions and they used to switch those fracking lights off. For wingmen it is possible to give them pincer command and they will retract those lights. This indicates for me that there has to be a simple code-wise solution to this problem. I do not fly the Mig-21 anymore, there has not been a single change in the last 4 months and the module seems to be progressively degrading so I am not keeping my hopes up high for any future fixes.

I do not fly the Mig-21 anymore, there has not been a single change in the last 4 months and the module seems to be progressively degrading so I am not keeping my hopes up high for any future fixes.

I am sad to hear that. :(

But anyway, thank you for sharing this workaround.

I think I can instantly implement it in my mission. :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I am sad to hear that. :(

But anyway, thank you for sharing this workaround.

I think I can instantly implement it in my mission. :thumbup:

Sorry, orbit does not work. Aerobatics does the trick, just order them in waypoint actions to do an aileron roll and they will switch off the lights. I hope that I am mistaken about development of the Mig-21 as I love the aircraft and I backed it up as soon as its development was announced ages ago, but I remain pessimistic given its development in the last years.

• 3 months later...