Predator Lasing targets. What am I doing wrong?

Alligin

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong trying to get the Predator to Lase my target group?

I can get a ground based JTAC to lase without problem.

When I contact the Predator I get a 9 line either with a "no mark" comment. Sometimes I get the full read back including the "marked by laser 1688". That's where it ends I get no further coms.

The Mav E can't detect a target and zero coms from the Pred.

Here's my advanced waypoint actions. Can anyone tell me what line to add etc? I'm new to the DCS mission editor as far as "where the magic happens"

Thanks Alligin.

Edit..... Thank you for moving me to the correct forum. And sorry for posting in the wrong one :-)

Screen_181207_174543.png

Edited by Alligin

Just a guess, but your orbit task may breaking things here.

Orbit requires at least two waypoints between which the plane "orbits".

Best practice is to define a WP1 with the orbit task, a WP2 to define the circle (left hand orbit/racetrack) and a WP3 with landing, after the AFAC runs out of fuel.

There must be line of sight and distance less than 10 miles (aim for less than 8 to cater for altitude) for lasing targets.

Also there was a problem recently with JTAC not working with SAMs or AAA near the TGT. Can't say if that is still happening...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Orbit requires at least two waypoints between which the plane "orbits".

Afaik "orbit" requires only one WP. The other option is "racetrack", which requires two WPs. (But I always struggle to recall, if the racetrack is flown between the current and the previous WP, or if it is the current and the next one ...)

Afaik "orbit" requires only one WP. The other option is "racetrack", which requires two WPs. (But I always struggle to recall, if the racetrack is flown between the current and the previous WP, or if it is the current and the next one ...)
Between the current and next waypoint and the next waypoint defines the orbit diameter/racetrack length ( with 2 min turn at the turns). Thus you should place two waypoints.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Tried adding way points and I got to the point where attack was authorized. Then terminate. Now it's all screwed up sometimes it won't lase. sometimes it will.

I'd appreciate if someone could provide a file with predator that works with AGM65E so I can pick the bones and see what is needed.

I have Nevada and the Gulf also

It's getting to the point that I'm spending valuable flying time trying to fix this because it annoys the **** out of me!

Tried adding way points and I got to the point where attack was authorized. Then terminate. Now it's all screwed up sometimes it won't lase. sometimes it will.

I'd appreciate if someone could provide a file with predator that works with AGM65E so I can pick the bones and see what is needed.

I have Nevada and the Gulf also

It's getting to the point that I'm spending valuable flying time trying to fix this because it annoys the **** out of me!

Clicking the VISIBLE option will make it so the predator always has line of sight so it can lase and have it orbit directly over top of targets so it never goes out of the max range of the laser. If the Visible option isn't ticked then the predator has to be able to detect the target first and AI can be quite useless at detection at times, especially on lower skill levels, I always use EXCELLENT.

I am sure there would be a shared mission doing this already on the forum or ED user download site.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302565/

Cheers, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Link to mission that may help

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Clicking the VISIBLE option will make it so the predator always has line of sight so it can lase and have it orbit directly over top of targets so it never goes out of the max range of the laser. If the Visible option isn't ticked then the predator has to be able to detect the target first and AI can be quite useless at detection at times, especially on lower skill levels, I always use EXCELLENT.

I am sure there would be a shared mission doing this already on the forum or ED user download site.

Cheers, Ian.

I thought the Visible option was for The enemy can see the Predator. But I'll give it a try.

Yeah there is a shared Pred mission. But I corrupted it. And forgot to save the orriginal :doh: And cant remember where I got it from. :doh: :doh:

Edited by Alligin

Visible is to make the target "visible" to the JTAC all the time. It still needs to be in range to lase. This is important. Have it orbit directly above the target in a small circle.

EDIT: the visible checkbox in the FAC dialogue.

The option "invisible" is for making the Predator/FAC invisible to AI aircraft, so it is not engaged.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

This - To orbit in a circle, you need one way point. Race track is two. I have a Predator that I tell to orbit and it does a perfect circle around one way point. I use MOOSE to get it to lase

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

Thanks for all your help guys. Got it working with a combination of All of your advise by moving the Pred almost over the target. Even though it was only 4 miles away. Ticking the visible box. giving it a waypoint etc etc. Must admit.... What a pain in the arse it was compared to a ground based JTAC. And it's still buggy.

My 1st introduction into the black art of DCS scripting has been "emotional" Only the Brtits will get that one! Maybe?

I need to study this black art. Point me to the goto page of this please.

Thanks once again :thumbup:

A good starting point is Hoggit (https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Hoggit_DCS_World_Wiki#Mission_Making_Resources)

Another goto is the MOOSE framework or MiST, you can find them as stickies here in the "Mission Editor Discussion and Questions" section

Shagrat