Virtual Aerobatics?

iVVChewy9141VVi

Yes the VA website and facebook page are temporarily closed. We as admins for the VA are working on ways and ideas how to be most effective with our time and money to serve the VA community. The VA DCS server and Teamspeak channel are still up and running and will continue to be. We have discussed that after ther merger of all the DCS platfoms into one. The VA will begin hosting events surch as World War II Night or racing events once the scripting is fixed for that. We have tested and have had great success in running 2 different platforms DCS 1.5 and 2.0 on the server at the same time so those of you that may be worried that the VA server for just flying when these events are sceduled may not be available? No worries. The VA will always be available for your enjoyment. In the mean time. If you have any questions. Pleae swing by our TeamSpeak channel. Thanks for your dedication to the VA and your patience, Wolf VA Admin team member

Edited by EricR
changed server to website and added facebook

Yes the VA website and facebook page are temporarily closed. We as admins for the VA are working on ways and ideas how to be most effective with our time and money to serve the VA community. The VA DCS server and Teamspeak channel are still up and running and will continue to be. We have discussed that after ther merger of all the DCS platfoms into one. The VA will begin hosting events surch as World War II Night or racing events once the scripting is fixed for that. We have tested and have had great success in running 2 different platforms DCS 1.5 and 2.0 on the server at the same time so those of you that may be worried that the VA server for just flying when these events are sceduled may not be available? No worries. The VA will always be available for your enjoyment. In the mean time. If you have any questions. Pleae swing by our TeamSpeak channel. Thanks for your dedication to the VA and your patience, Wolf VA Admin team member

Thanks glad to hear some new information was not sure what was going on. Thanks for the info and quick reply.

Will the VA server be upgrading to 1.5.5?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Will the VA server be upgrading to 1.5.5?

That would be bad news for Gazelle owners

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

That would be bad news for Gazelle owners

Ah, good point. Hopefully ED will fix that issue as a priority.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I saw something about the server changing it's name (to "Aerobatics Online" or something similar) in the admin message when logging on yesterday. Is there any additional info available regarding this?

There are going to be some changes regarding our servers. They'll stay up and running but we have to take the step of renaming the server and we will re-shape our internet presence. More info will follow when we're there.

On another note, the Nevada server is up again. The Caucasus server won't be updated to 1.5.5 yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The 1.5 stable server was taken down in favor of the open beta.

Both the open beta and alpha servers were down for a few days as they weren't updated with Fridays patch, but they're back up now.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I was wondering why the 1.5 aerobatics server has 9 m/s wind speed? It makes it difficult for the choppers to stay trimmed while in the 2.0 aerobatics server is easier because it has no wind. 1.5 aerobatics server is a lot harder to learn/teach in compared to 2.0. I know I could just run my own server when teaching/learning but its nice to play with all the over aircraft flying around.

Boomer;3042002']Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I was wondering why the 1.5 aerobatics server has 9 m/s wind speed? It makes it difficult for the choppers to stay trimmed while in the 2.0 aerobatics server is easier because it has no wind. 1.5 aerobatics server is a lot harder to learn/teach in compared to 2.0. I know I could just run my own server when teaching/learning but its nice to play with all the over aircraft flying around.

The server uses Dynamic Weather to allow for stormy conditions over some of the northeastern airfields while the spawn airfields are clear.

Only problem is the wind you mentioned (I've gotten killed by VRS thanks to that wind countless times) and the clouds make Sabre Alley unflyable. (The "Race-SA" aircraft spawn just off the coast from it)

It seems like the best option would be to get rid of the dyn weather and replace it with a light wind and scattered clouds throughout the map using static weather. Either that or move the weather further north until it no longer blasts the helicopters/obscures sabre alley.

So one more time, AO server is running on Open Beta but not the latest one?

No. It has been updated and is now on the latest version of the open beta.

This weekend it was down because it wasn't updated on Friday, but that has been resolved.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for "refreshing" the topic, but I have a msg "protocol error, stream error" when trying to join AO server. This may happen because I might get banned, I believe by mistake. Can one of admins check it and if necessary unban me. My nickname =OPS=Slider. Thx in advance.

Sorry for "refreshing" the topic, but I have a msg "protocol error, stream error" when trying to join AO server. This may happen because I might get banned, I believe by mistake. Can one of admins check it and if necessary unban me. My nickname =OPS=Slider. Thx in advance.

It wasn't by mistake though. I arranged for this to happen after you appeared to deliberately team killed me, and then logged off. It is also after your comment in chat the previous night which was along the lines of, "this is a public server, if you want to fly formation, get a private server". I explained your actions to one of the admins who flies in our formation time to time. His response was "this is a formation flying and aerobatics server, not a formation team kill server".

Anyway he nabbed you for a week as he couldn't find evidence of a second deliberate team kill, but he is watching you now.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Do you have any proof that was me? And 2nd of all, Im not flying into people with no reason, and Im not a kid to do it, that's stupid for me. And I said, if you want to practice formation flying it's better to get your OWN server, where no one will get your plane. it's obvious it's public server... Ask there anyone you want, and no one will tell you, that Im a toxic person who's breaking game for someone else. Oh, I forgot, when I was typing msg about own server, I was far away from you, and there is no way I flew into you. Anyways, there is nothing I can do, so I can get banned forever, idc anymore, getting banned without proof is not too good. Reputation of server is going down...

From the forum rules.

1.6 No multiplayer disputes on the ED forums, including inter-squad flamewars.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: