Contact Tower, am I dumb or what ?

kramfiftysix

Guys I'm really struggling with the communications with the tower and after reading many posts I've come to the conclusion that I'm dumb !

I'm taking off from Vaziani, the wave number 188 is pre-set on both the Receiver and the transmitter.

I check the antenna has the maximum reception and I flip the switch from arc to radio.

I press the button on the throttle and .... nothing ?

In the mission editor I've set the comm to 4.7mhz but that doesn't seem to help :(

Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction ?

Thankyou

Note that tuning receiver automatically tunes the transmitter as well. Also, flipping the ARC/radio switch is not necessary.

"Nothing" as completely nothing, or nothing audible, but the writing in top left corner appears? The latter indicates the wave number has not been set precisely enough, the former... well, something's amiss :).

Edit: - Vaziani, huh? This is how it works here:

radio.trk

Edited by Art-J
Track attachment.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks for your quick response Art-J, I watched your track and then tried to duplicate it but, I get nothing.

The receiver and transmitter are on the correct channel but when I press the button on the throttle the menu does not appear ?

Any ideas ?

Yep, sounds like a key/button assignment problem. If I recall correctly MiG, like F-86 has only one radio command, don't remember whether it's "\" or "Alt+\" by default. Reassign it to anything You want and try again.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I've created a new mission and I've bound the action to different joystick button, but with the same result.

In the control options menu there are two alternatives;

Communications menu - which works fine, and

Microphone button - this is the one that doesn't appear to work, I've bound it to a button on my joystick and when I press it I can see the button on the throttle go in and out. However it doesn't call up a menu.

Any thoughts ?

I've created a new mission and I've bound the action to different joystick button, but with the same result.

In the control options menu there are two alternatives;

Communications menu - which works fine, and

Microphone button - this is the one that doesn't appear to work, I've bound it to a button on my joystick and when I press it I can see the button on the throttle go in and out. However it doesn't call up a menu.

Any thoughts ?

Do you have easy comms enabled in the options, that may be the problem, although thats just a wild guess.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, they only give me permission when I'm on finals :(

The only time I don't get permission to land immediately is if there is other air traffic floating around the airfield, when that happens I just go into a traffic pattern until the ATC tells me I am good to go.

Not sure how relevant that is to your problem, does it happen in every flgiht?

Where the heck do you find the required wave info for an airbase in the first place? None of the data I'm seeing in the mission editor appears to be it, and nothing included in the manual. And I don't even see it on the kneeboard. What am I missing?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Where the heck do you find the required wave info for an airbase in the first place? None of the data I'm seeing in the mission editor appears to be it, and nothing included in the manual. And I don't even see it on the kneeboard. What am I missing?

Mission editor gives frequencies, and page 169 of the manual gives wave numbers corresponding to these.

But more simple way is downloading UBoats' kneeboard mod for MiG-15 (contains a table with wave number data of all airbases except Novorossiysk), or downloading Chuck Owl's MiG-15 guide (contains copy of the table taken from aforementioned mod), or download LinoGermany's navigation map for DCSW.

• 6 months later...

All freqs can be seen on the F10 map when you select the airbase during the mission. Press the "K" button on your keyboard to see the Kneepad as you tune the radio and you'll see the exact frequency you're on. It works for both the Comms and Nav freqs.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

All freqs can be seen on the F10 map when you select the airbase during the mission. Press the "K" button on your keyboard to see the Kneepad as you tune the radio and you'll see the exact frequency you're on. It works for both the Comms and Nav freqs.

That's not true unless something has changed recently and I've not spotted it, F10 normally only shows the MHz values, eg 124Mhz for Batumi...

That's not true unless something has changed recently and I've not spotted it, F10 normally only shows the MHz values, eg 124Mhz for Batumi...

I don't know how it was before (because I've just learned from You guys, that one can click on an airport icon in F10 map during mission :D), but mytai is right - You get all the data except wave numbers, as seen on screen below.

Screen_160105_233407.thumb.jpg.59fe7e3baeda90f6e7c15a7e5b1a97c2.jpg