Illumination bombs

Vatikus

I have found out that if:

- you are using LysB, you can drop them only once per spawn. Clearing CK37, etc. does not help reseting the system. If you do not despawn, you will be unable to release after first drop.

- in RAKT mode, they seem to always fall short

- manual states that zone 1 ab should be used for m.9 delivery. I am unable to achive that mach at all in zone 1.

- manual states FALLD LAST should lit, it does not.

I did more testing to be positive that it's not pilot error, and ballistics are 100% wrong.

As it can be seen from the attachment, it is a stillshot of the trajectory where bombs deploy chute and stop advancing toward target (>15m/s descent triggers it)... it looks like as release point is calculated for the impact point with the ground and not the height over target.

ilu.png.846df4803ad51c2092fdff72e357539a.png

My lysbomb don't drop at all. The Fälld Last light is blinking and no weapon is released.

The manual is unclear in which weapon mode you should be to deliver lysbomb (I tried PLAN, RR and ATTACK).

The manual states that lysbomb could be delivered in NAV or ANF, but NAV + unsafe does not produce any popup indications in game (ANF does).

• 2 months later...

Even though I am reading directly from the manual I have a really hard time even dropping them. I dont know what I am doing wrong.

I am in ANF, Attack mode, RAKT mach 0.9 at 150 meters and I see the blinking line and pull the trigger pushing upwards in 4G.

I have managed to get maybe three releases of 15 tries.

• 7 months later...
My lysbomb don't drop at all. The Fälld Last light is blinking and no weapon is released.

The manual is unclear in which weapon mode you should be to deliver lysbomb (I tried PLAN, RR and ATTACK).

The manual states that lysbomb could be delivered in NAV or ANF, but NAV + unsafe does not produce any popup indications in game (ANF does).

Exactly, I experienced the same too in NAV+unsafe.

• 4 months later...
Exactly, I experienced the same too in NAV+unsafe.

Same issues here but I can't get the flashing distance line for release …

Literally built a demo mission for it - altitude is 150, speed .9 (AB2 to get there... ) and I've tried in both ANF and NAV.

Also tried PLAN & ATTK but the manual doesn't say anything. I know the sight switch has to be in ILUM.

Anyone figure this out?

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

• 2 years later...

LysBombs currently need a QFE setting of at least minus 100 mbar from original value in order to illuminate timely and satisfactorily.

Otherwise the leading 2 or 3 bombs will hit the ground while already illuminating but still not having their parachutes deployed.

I attacked a track where I got very good results:

2021-02-27_Viggen_Lsysbomb_Optimization.trk

Here is another one with 8 bombs:

2021-02-27_Viggen_Lsysbomb_Optimization_8.trk

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

It is not the QFE, it is the wrong release pattern (vertical tower instead of horizontal plane), that is the problem. This problem must be super-duper low on Heatblur's priority list because it exists since like forever and has been reported almost as long. It was probably an easier fix to put in NVG instead.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you all, tracked.

As for the water reflection, we need to see if this is us or DCS general issue. Do other illumination bombs reflect? I havent used any myself in a very long time... Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 9/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, IronMike said:

Thank you all, tracked.

As for the water reflection, we need to see if this is us or DCS general issue. Do other illumination bombs reflect? I havent used any myself in a very long time... Thank you!

I just tested it with the MiG-21's illum bombs: It's a general DCS issue.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ok, thank you so much guys, your great reports really help tons! In that sense, if you want, it would be best to make it a general bug report with ED, unless it already exists, or add your findings to existing ones. Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 10:02 PM, hilmerby said:

Still the same and when released over the Sea there is no reflection on the water at all. 

*IMAGE*

There is now light/reflections on the water. Still the same pattern on the bombs though.

Screen_211023_012120.png

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

11 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

There is now light/reflections on the water. Still the same pattern on the bombs though.

Screen_211023_012120.png

Uhhh, nice! Why the green colour though?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I assume so, it say 1-8 bombs for just the inner or outer stations.

If you you would put lysbombs on all stations they still drop according to the image i posted earlier only dubble since it says that its the same for the inner or outer stations.

My translation of "Tillåtna lastalternativ" is "allowed load options".

If a translation is needed of the pages i could give it a try.

S7V = Inner left store

S7H = Inner right store

LB = Illumination bombs

• 1 year later...