Multi-monitor set-up guide & help (unofficial)

MadTommy

cesthree

thanks very much for your help, as suggested I used the Nvidia Control panel to move monitor 2 to the right of monitor 1, now it works!

John

No problem. Couldn't have done it without the preliminary work of MadTommy.

Have fun flying!

ASUS P7P55D-E DELUXE 1504 BIOS / i7 875K / CORSAIR 2x 4GB VENGEANCE

CORSAIR AX850 / 160GB INTEL X25-M G2 / 150GB VELOCIRAPTOR / 750GB WD BLACK

7 PRO X64 SP1 / CATALYST 11.5 / AFTERBURNER 2.2 BETA 3 / MSI R6970 TWIN FROZR III LIGHTNING

Weird, I had all of this working but all of a sudden it wasn't appearing in Options > Monitors, so I created a new Notepad++ file from scratch and after alot of time wasting it appeared again. But now the MFCD's arnt appearing on my second monitor and my trackIR wont centre anymore! 1680x1818 resolution in Options, my monitor config file:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('2monitor');

Description = 'Two monitor configuration';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 400;

y = 1200;

width = 350;

height = 350;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 900;

y = 1200;

width = 350;

height = 350;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

5870, windows 7 64 bit one 1680x1050, one 1360x768 (below)

Anyone got any ideas? The second monitor goes black when im in simulator.exe

AMD 3600X- 32GB RAM - Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080Ti - 512GB NVme Samsung 830 256Gb 840 256Gb SSD - Track IR 4.0 + TrackClip Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - WarBRD base mount and extention - Simped F16/USB (Stolen!) - Thrustmaster T-flight pedals (spew)

DCS KA-50 Blackshark 1 & 2; DCS P-51 Mustang; DCS A-10C Warthog; DCS UH-1 Huey; DCS F-86F; DCS Mi-8MTV2; DCS Mig-21bis; DCS: AV-8b; DCS: Spitfire IX; DCS: NS430; DCS: Combined Arms; Lock On Flaming Cliffs 3; Rise of Flight; IL2:1946;

Is it possible to have something else besides MFCD's on the second screen? Like engine gauges, UFC, etc? If, how? :D

Thanks!

Yes.....get Helios by scsimulations and you can have almost all the gauges and switches

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Hi guys,

I,ve just installed A-10 and have been trying to configure it right for 3 monitors (XFX 5970 Black edition, eyefinity).

I get some weird "fish eye" effect on the sides (see pics):

First picture (on the left) is what I see as soon as I am in the cockpit (quick misson, 1st mission).

Second Picture (on the right) is what I see in the same condition but with full ZOOM OUT.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help!

Thanks

start.thumb.jpg.172aaa00b620cfc1c633521834d7e88d.jpg

1743272578_fullzoomout.thumb.jpg.7bff4ebd9eeaeb4309fc24766e79a341.jpg

Hi guys,

I,ve just installed A-10 and have been trying to configure it right for 3 monitors (XFX 5970 Black edition, eyefinity).

I get some weird "fish eye" effect on the sides (see pics):

First picture (on the left) is what I see as soon as I am in the cockpit (quick misson, 1st mission).

Second Picture (on the right) is what I see in the same condition but with full ZOOM OUT.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help!

Thanks

Post up your config files/s so we can see if we can help.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I am trying to setup MFDs in two independent screen of 800x600 to the right (in config, not phisycal) of the main one, 1920x1080. My main problem is that the sim doesnt look to catch the changes I make on the .lua to fit the MFDs inside the TM MFDs. I have even tried to make a new .lua but the sim doesnt look to see the new ones anymore, they dont show up in the MONITORS options of the OPTIONS screen.

I think the problems goes beyond my file but anyway I paste it:

name = _('Marcel_MFD2');
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = 1.77;
}
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 2150;
y = 70;
width = 400;
height = 400;

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 2800;
y = 70;
width = 400;
height = 400;
}

Any help will be very welcome, I am almost there, I can partially see them so I am getting frustrated I cannot finish the job :)

Cheers

Tulkas

I am trying to setup MFDs in two independent screen of 800x600 to the right (in config, not phisycal) of the main one, 1920x1080. My main problem is that the sim doesnt look to catch the changes I make on the .lua to fit the MFDs inside the TM MFDs. I have even tried to make a new .lua but the sim doesnt look to see the new ones anymore, they dont show up in the MONITORS options of the OPTIONS screen.

I think the problems goes beyond my file but anyway I paste it:

name = _('Marcel_MFD2');
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = 1.77;
}
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 2150;
y = 70;
width = 400;
height = 400;

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 2800;
y = 70;
width = 400;
height = 400;
}

Any help will be very welcome, I am almost there, I can partially see them so I am getting frustrated I cannot finish the job :)

Cheers

Tulkas

my correction is in red

= function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Marcel_MFD2');
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = 1.77;
}
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 2150;
y = 70;
width = 400;
height = 400;
[color=red][color=black]}[/color]<--------this bracket is missing in yours
[/color]
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 2800;
y = 70;
width = 400;
height = 400;
}

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

Thanks. I will try this evening after work.

Would that mistake make A10 not to show a monitor file in the options screen? Funny thing it is still showing (in the sim graphic options) a .lua file which I have deleted from the folder and is not showing the new one, Is there some way to "refresh"?

Thanks

Tulkas

I tried but did not change.

There is something I don´t understand at all.

Here is my MonitorSetup folder:

monitorsetupfolder.jpg

Here is the options in the sim setup:

menugraphicsA10.jpg

It does not show anymore what actually is in the folder and it does not register the changes I make so I can not change the positon of the MFDs and adjust them.

Any idea why is this happening? How can I "refresh" the options? Can I edit manually some file to make the sim show the proper options?

I will be very grateful with any help, I am getting very frustrated.

Thanks

Tulkas

Edited by Tulkas

There might be a name conflict somewhere in one of those files. Check Line 2 of all those .lua files and make sure they all are named differently

Airdog

Make sure that line 2 of your Marcel_MFD.lua reads the same as how you want to save it.

Looks to me like it will read " name = _('Marcel_MFCD'); " presently and you have then gone and saved it as Marcel_MFD2.lua.

Also make sure you are doing your editing with Notepad++ as I'm led to believe that just using Notepad can cause errors.

:)

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Multi monitor set-up guide: DCS-A10c - Final

Display your MFCDs on a 2nd, 3rd etc monitor

Initial note: This guide is to help people create bespoke multimonitor configurations in DSC-Warthog, no matter what your configuration the principles are the same.

Please add any tips or correct any errors i have made. I'll adjust this accordingly.

My set-up is two 22inch displays side by side, but the logic below should cover any set-up. I have included several monitor set-up examples to help explain the principles.

I'll try and keep this post up to date if the beta process changes anything included.

Requirements:

Full screen OFF (ingame).

Extended desktop enabled in Windows.

The 'primary' monitor, in Windows, needs to be your top left most monitor, otherwise you may have problems.

You need to create one lua file.

** Before editing DCS files please read this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=599686&postcount=1

The Guide:

1st thing you need to do is workout your total resolution of your combined monitors. Use the image below to help you work this out if you are unsure. Here you will find 3 example layouts..

monitorsetupexamles2.jpg

Note this figure down, (your combined resolution).

2nd thing you need to do is create you own bespoke multimonitor *.lua file.

This file will need to be saved here: \Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\MonitorSetup\

You can find some default existing files in this location. Have a look at some of these, they are good examples:

There is one example original ED file: LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD.lua

name = _('MFCD');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = screen.width / 3;

y = 0;

width = screen.width / 3;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect / 3;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = screen.width *(2 / 3);

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

}

NOTE: ED have used wording rather than x/y coordinates. This is to allow flexibility. You can also use this format, but i find it more complicated. i.e screen.width = the combined x width of all your monitors. (So for me screen.width = 3360 (2x1680), screen.height = 1050)

My example: My_example.lua

name = _('My_example');

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1680;

y = 105;

width = 840;

height = 840;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2520;

y = 105;

width = 840;

height = 840;

}

Notes:

I wanted both MFCDs on my 2nd monitor, this is located on the right of my main monitor. Both my monitors are 1680x1050.

Center = your cockpit view

Centre is located at coordinates: x=0, y=0; (as its my furthest left monitor & the 'primary' monitor, in Windows, top left corner is always x=0, y=0)

width & height are my resolution (1680x1050).

You do not generally need to edit viewDx, viewDy or aspect. But its worth checking the aspect ratio. this is calculated by dividing your width by height of you cockpit monitor.

EDIT- (Added in the Final version) Add

to the bottom of this file to have the MP menu to fit on your main display.

Screen coordinates explanation: 3 example setups to help explain screen coordinates.

examplesetups.jpg

This image is designed to demonstrate the x & y coordinates;

Both x & y start on the top left corner of the left most monitor. x goes across the horizontal while y goes down the vertical.

My example set-up displayed:

myexamplesetups.jpg

Right, now you should be able to create your own bespoke multi-monitor file accordingly to your own set-up, if i have made this clear enough and you have wrapped your brain around how this all works.

You need to save this file as file type .lua, call in whatever you want.

Save it in \Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\MonitorSetup.

Launch the game.. go to Options. (Here you need to do two things)

Firstly you should now be able to select your bespoke file from the drop down list labelled; MONITORS

Secondly you need to enter your resolution, you can simply type this in. This is the total resolution you worked out at the start of this guide.

See image below:

options.jpg

Your aspect ratio will alter itself.

General Notes:

You can edit you monitor file on the fly, i.e without having to quit the game. Can save a lot of hassle. If you don't get the results you want simply quit flight, alt tab, edit the file, alt tab back and click fly again... your new setting will be used.

To return back to your original setup at any time, simply alter you option back to their original.

I hope this is clear enough. Enjoy.

Screenshot of my set-up:

98454836.jpg

EDIT: If due to your particular set-up configuration you are unable to access some or all of the buttons on the multiplayer interface or cannot see radio text messages there are threads in this section explaining how to alter their location.

EDIT2: Important: adding "UIMainView = Viewports.Center" adjusts the MP menu screen to fit your main display.

Updated 23rd Feb.

would love to have this up and running but main screen on the right is my setup have two 32" 1920x1080 side by side ..help ..lol

HAF TOWER / MSI z77 G43 /-i5-3570k.@ 3.4mhz / GTX 780 / Patriot 8GB. DDR3 / TM-HOTAS-warthog 00228

If I understand your question correctly, all you do is set it up as indicated and physically relocate the monitors as you please.

I set mine up left to right as MadTommy shows with the left monitor as the cockpit view and the 2nd monitor with the MFCD's but the 2nd monitor is actually placed under my main screen. But you could put it on the left.

Hope I didn't mis-understand the question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

HELP ...LOL.......im trying to work all this out but to no avail not my thing maths ..lol..two 32" 1920x1080 side by side main is on the right (cockpit) ..second on left ..(mfcd) , ive expanded in windows changed monitor set up to say monitor 2 -on the right ..main monitor in windows ..

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1680;

y = 105;

width = 840;

height = 840;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2520;

y = 105;

width = 840;

height = 840;

}

HAF TOWER / MSI z77 G43 /-i5-3570k.@ 3.4mhz / GTX 780 / Patriot 8GB. DDR3 / TM-HOTAS-warthog 00228

Whew! After much trial and error, finally got it working properly with TH2go and MFCD exported to 4th monitor with Thrustmaster OSBs velcroed to the bezel. I had to reposition the MFCD a few times due to my improper calculations but everything looks great! Now I'm experimenting with Helios and "Sandman's profile". A few adjustments are needed........I think I'm going to have to get this Helios thing, looks awesome :)

I'll post a picture in a few

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I am looking for help to correct my multiplayer menus and in game radio messages and in game radio menu placement. My setup is currently three 28" monitors wide, spanned using Nvidia Surround on full screen and not using the in game settings. In game options is left at 1 monitor and the aspect ratio was automatically calculated for me when I entered my resolution which is about 6000 x 1080 with bezel correction. If anyone can help me get it so that my in game radio messages are on my center screen and my radio menu is on center screen it would be a fantastic help. Also, multiplayer menus are stretched out and I can't see all things, particularly the briefing because of the bezel correction, it is cut in half, usually where the frequencies and what not are.

I can provide more detail on my setup if someone knows how to get me through this. I have read through this whole thread but it seems to be for different setups, usually with MFCDs and I am too thick and inexperienced to figure this out.

Help please!

• 3 weeks later...