DCS A-10C "Military-Style"

Blaze

Found a shot of "The Battle Sim" being used in action. Almost a year old, but still cool. :D

090811-F-3862L-0155.jpg

Sorry if it's been posted already... ;)

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X! I wonder if they got Tom Clancy's Hawx™ bundled. :)

That's actually The Battle Simulator: A-10C Desk Top Simulation, not DCS. I wonder if the military will be interested in DCS, with all the switchology and other improvements to the DTS.

Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X! I wonder if they got Tom Clancy's Hawx™ bundled. :)

:lol: I got 30€ military equipment at home.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Great picture al the same, thanks for posting

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

well, the military would be dumb to not to use DCS simulators... best sim thats not classified on this planet :)

they use the version which is classified. What we get is a version of the military sim with top secret stuff removed. We also get a more shiney optimized version which runs better on multiple systems.

lol, but whould be nice to have such situation with all the buddies i am flying with..siting in one room, flying together one nice display!)

thx for sharing that piczure!)

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
they use the version which is classified. What we get is a version of the military sim with top secret stuff removed. We also get a more shiney optimized version which runs better on multiple systems.

DTS is not classified, and we never implemented any classified stuff there. It just have limited distribution statement (i.e. only to DoD components).

The game version will be based on old OFP versions, with some features removed or changed.

Edited by Olgerd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Sometimes it's not the hardware that needs to be simulated but it's the procedures. I may give you an example. While studding for Instrument Rating I need to train the procedures, I don't need a lot of hardware for that, just a simple joystick and FSX/9 or Xplane can do it. It's a nice photograph, welcome to the future.

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

DTS is not classified, and we never implemented any classified stuff there. It just have limited distribution statement (i.e. only to DoD components).

The game version will be based on old OFP versions, with some features removed or changed.

ah thanks for clearing it up. I wasn't sure, I thought I had read somewhere it had classified stuff in it.

The only sim with all of the secret squirell Stuff is the one that is a full blown cockpit sim. Stuff like that is for as stated before to train navigation and general procedures. I totally miss working at Oceana with my hornets. Had plenty of hours in the F?A-18C SIM.

Now where is that speed brakes control again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gotta wonder how TIR would react to everyone wearing their own headset behind you.

:D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

The only sim with all of the secret squirell Stuff is the one that is a full blown cockpit sim. Stuff like that is for as stated before to train navigation and general procedures. I totally miss working at Oceana with my hornets. Had plenty of hours in the F?A-18C SIM.

I spent many hours in the F/A-18C simulator at MCAS Beaufort back in the early 2000's myself. We would schedule a few hours for maintenance engine quals, knock out what we needed to do for our quals in 30 minutes, and then shoot carrier landings for the next few hours. I loved sim days. :)

In fact these pilots are getting ready to fly UAV's. Check the pictures in the frames on the left wall. :D

That is not an assumption that can be made simply from pictures of a UAV on the wall. My old units ready room had photos of all types of aircraft on the wall and yet we were a F/A-18C squadron only. Besides, there are military grade simulators for UAV's... why would they be using an A-10 simulator to train on? Doesn't make any sense.

That is not an assumption that can be made simply from pictures of a UAV on the wall. My old units ready room had photos of all types of aircraft on the wall and yet we were a F/A-18C squadron only. Besides, there are military grade simulators for UAV's... why would they be using an A-10 simulator to train on? Doesn't make any sense.

I direct your attention to the fact that these guys are all Lieutenants, and that they're all wearing patches of the 563rd FTS, which is an EWO/CSO training unit at Randolph AFB.

From what I can gather on the time frame the picture was taken, it was during a period of time when the first UAV/UAS/RPV/RPA class was being tested for feasibility.

The success of that trial led to the reactivation of the 558th FTS, which is now dedicated to training new RPA studs. I'm taking a leap of faith, and assuming that prior to the 558th standing up, the RPA studs were temporarily assigned to the 563rd as pictured.

The studs were using the simulator as part of the RIQ (RPA Instrument Qualification) syllabus. They learn to fly using the HUD as primary reference, and other basic instrument navigation skills.

The fact that there are pics of Preds/Reapers on the wall is merely icing on the cake.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/military/drone_training_coming_to_randolph_afb_94132999.html

http://www.randolph.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=5907

http://www.randolph.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=5531

http://www.randolph.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123205011

And for a look at the patch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/563d_Flying_Training_Squadron

Edited by BlueRidgeDx

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams