Mk82s not dropping symmetrically

Bersagliere81

Hi there I am having an issue and have no clue how to solve this.

First, with Mk84 on stations 5 and 7 I can't make them drop in pairs. I go to profile set them in PRS and active profile. It drops just one at time. Only way to "solve" this is to make them as RIP SGL 2, but they don't drop at all at once.

Second, let's say in this case I want to make a carpet bombing with 6 Mk82 (2 triple racks no matter what stations). If I have an extra mk82 let's say on station 2 (for a total of 7 mk82), if I try to drop 6 of them as set on profile, it just drops the one on station 2.

I even tried to create a new profile, selecting the triple racks in question. It doesn't matter, it will count that extra station anyways.

Any ways to make them working as intended?

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Stations 5 & 7 will not release stores symmetrically due to them being too close together to allow safe separation. If you want to release in pairs you'll need to use stores on 3 & 9 and/or 4 & 8.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

That solves my first issue, thank you. Someone else can explain me the other one please?

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

To ripple 6 mk82's...

1 On DSMS page select 2 racks you want to employ

2 Go to profile page and select ripple single and enter quantity-6

3 Click Save then Stat to get back to DSMS

4 Press and hold weapon release until all bombs have dropped

Yes that's how it is supposed to be.

However having two triple racks (6 bombs) and an extra mk82, it's not working. it just drops one mk82

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I have no idea then. And I am sure I am doing it the right way, even because I have no issues when I have that exact amount of mk82 under my wings

I might try to make a video with my issue later tonight

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I can't remember, but I'd safely say I used both configurations. Last time was CCRP for sure.

I had triple on stations 5 and 7, and single bombs on 2 and 6. With ripple single 6 set, it dropped 2 and 6, then went for the triples on the next run

Edited by Bersagliere81

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

You only select (hi light) stations 5&7 not all 4 stations?

If you're using HOTAS command to toggle through weapons it might be selecting all 4 and wanting to drop outer bombs first. Manually select only ones you want.

Take screenshot with weapon load out page open right before you want to drop bombs so we can see what's up.

Edited by cthulhu68

Trying and trying again I may have solved my issue. But I still can't get why yesterday I had different results doing the same things

In the first part of my video, you can see I set 6 bombs, but it drops only 4 of them. It does indeed choose all single stations (not the triple racks ones). What it was supposed to do - in my logic - was dropping 6 "random" bombs. Apparently, the system discriminates single and triple racks

Furthermore in this case, if after the active profile is set, selecting or deselecting other stations of mk82s may result in a manual release. There's a logic behind it, still figuring it out :D

The way it works as intended is

1)selecting on DSMS the desired stations

2)profile page

3)create new profile

4)bla bla bla

Yesterday I did try this solutions several times, but I had no success at all, I have no idea why.

Anyways, apparently it is working as intended now

Thank you for the help

Edited by Bersagliere81

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

• 4 weeks later...

Actually it is designed to separate the tripple ones which are on a special 3 thingy I don't remember how it's called.

However I think itwould be practical for them to be linked, but this is how it is in real life so I can't complain. I just tried to put as much weapons on there for my own subjective fun testing, and I found out the Mk82 would fit on all the slots.

I don't know they may have done this in real life with some update to the DSMS computer and maybe it

ED would have to check and if this info isn't classified they may update it in the game some day.

But, the ripple is only for how many to drop on the weapons you have selected.

It will not drop the other ones you have on other slots, ripple setting won't affect those unselected weapons, but you can't select the tripple and singular slots so it's not possible as we speak.

You're releasing 4 because there's no more that the computer sees at that point.

But yes there is something weird with this:

I have slots 5 4 3 and 7 8 9 filled with 3xMk82AIR

Sometimes ripple doesn't work, I don't know it's random, when on SGL it releases one, i keep holding but it won't continue, with pair it drops 6 while I keep holing, could it be loose button on my joystick ?

Currently I was doing this on 2.0 NTTR.

EDIT: actually I think my buttons may not be holding as good ... keyboard is cutting out since I had to make some diy cable management, but it could be the game not registering, it's been like that for a long time, sometimes brakes need 2 presses etc, same on 1.5.5 and other aircraft.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria