ANNOUNCEMENT - DCS: MiG-21bis

Cobra847

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you guys at Leatherneck!! As son as you reléase the module im sure you will find people like me, who will buy it just because its a way of supporting you and also because anything new in DCSW is very appreciated. Same goes for the VEAO Hawk.

We are just waiting to buy it!!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

While I am very grateful that I will fly the mig-21 sometime in the near future, I am quite saddened at Beszl's departure from the project.

I still see him as the founder of the mig-21. It started from his intimate knowledge of the mig-21 in the Hungarian air force did it not?

And now with his departure it looks like there will be a shift toward western aircraft. The mig-23 supposed to be up next and now that is up in the air. With out Beszl's expertise in that field would it even be possible?

Also, If this was amicable between beszl and the rest of the team why have we not seen him post to give his blessings to the new team? I'm sure if he were to do that it would quell all this talk of money and internal affairs.

I hope he says something soon. Should I hold my breath?

• Like 1

I am the alpha and the omega

Glad the Mig-21 is back on track & a big THANK YOU to the new team

Leatherneck Simulations for proceeding forward with the project :thumbup:

As for Kickstarter projects, everyone taking part in them are aware that they are taking a risk & that the project may be canceled, luckily that's not the case here:smilewink:

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Damn I was expecting to fly her today!!! You guys don't make it easy on some of us!!!! Anyways a delay is better than nothing at all.. Cheers to cobra for standing tall.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I still see him as the founder of the mig-21. It started from his intimate knowledge of the mig-21 in the Hungarian air force did it not?

IIRC, the other project founder is an actual MiG-21 pilot (Dolphin887) in the Serbian Air Force and he's still part of the team. But, the MiG-23 is probably somewhat less likely to happen now.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

All the best! And count me in as a day one buyer!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Great news guys, glad to see the MiG-21 is coming up - with a little (I hope) delay though. :)

I wish you all the best for your future work and your next DCS module.

+1 for Luckys post.

Bad, that I don't get a copy for my backed money, but I'll spend it again, when the Fishbed comes out. I think, we all want this fighter jet more, than ever do we? :thumbup:

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as the internal issues go, I'm as curious as anyone else. After all, who doesn't love a bit of wild speculation. The most important thing though is that the MiG-21 is back on track. If we never find out what really went on, I don't even care as long as we get an awesome product at the end of all this.

Question: Are you going to do any pre-order thing, or another Kickstarter thing? Now that things look like they're under way with a good management and PR, I sure would like to contribute, especially since I missed the last one, and it didn't end up with you now in the end.

I need to know the release date so I can request that day off of work :D

Only a day.... I'm doing a whole damn week...:thumbup:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

We have it on good authority that he twirls it with alarming frequency.

Dastardly man. :D

Will the new video be along with the update?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |