Noob Questions

tdyrsmid

I've just downloaded DCS a week ago, so as you might guess, I've got a zillion questions.

Three of the most pressing are:

1. How can I use voice attack to make radio work easier? I've already downloaded the Vaicom 2.0 but the instructions provided seemed out of date and didn't match the install procedure.

2. I've downloaded something called JSGME and all the links within the app are dead, so I have no idea if it is no old junk or not. If not, where can I find instructions for how to use it?

Thanks!

3. How can I get checklists into the kneeboard? I've downloaded the Kneeboard Builder, but it won't launch. I'm on Win 10 with all updates installed.

Edited by tdyrsmid

JSGME: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

Check out https://ultramfcd.com/ for the kneeboard

Haven't installed VA/Vaicom yet (although I paid for it a while ago)

And by all means, check out Bunyap Sims' youtube On the Range series:

• Like 1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I've just downloaded DCS a week ago, so as you might guess, I've got a zillion questions.

Three of the most pressing are:

1. How can I use voice attack to make radio work easier? I've already downloaded the Vaicom 2.0 but the instructions provided seemed out of date and didn't match the install procedure.

2. I've downloaded something called JSGME and all the links within the app are dead, so I have no idea if it is no old junk or not. If not, where can I find instructions for how to use it?

Thanks!

3. How can I get checklists into the kneeboard? I've downloaded the Kneeboard Builder, but it won't launch. I'm on Win 10 with all updates installed.

1. There is some voice attack profiles HERE for the A-10C. I use VAC now, well sometimes.

, Vac profile for DCS: A-10C. Found more profiles for VAC HERE too.

2. The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide / this is to install mods such as Starway's map textures. Forum found here.

3. Never used the kneeboard builder myself. I have added a few pages tho. If you just need to add a few pages see Custom kneeboard pages on steam for help.

Good complete checklist for the A10 by the 476th group found here.

This includes emergency procedures, air-to-air refueling etc. Authored by Snoopy an IRL A10 crew chief.

Edited by David OC
  • Like 1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I know this isn't what you asked but, personally I wouldn't bother trying to put things into the in-game kneeboard. The checklists are small enough to print out, or have as a PDF on a second screen, iPad, tablet, etc. It's generally a bit easier to use them that way rather than covering up part of you in-game view.