calling in sead and cap aircraft?

nwagtmustang

I'm having problems calling in sead and cap aircraft on missions. I am able to talk to awacs, atc and my wingman. Those flights sead/cap are not blacked out. I have easy comms setup. I press f2 or f3 sfter pressing other in comms menu. whatever the key is for sead/cap and I get nothing back. I looked at the dcs a-10 manual and under comms it shows wingman, atc and jstars but nothing about other flights. Am I missing something here or is it just buggy?

If you are talking about the Georgian campaign missions included with DCS, then you don't get any confirmation, other than they disappear from the radio menus after you select them. And it doesn't matter which radio you use them on (i just use the / key). So, if you choose the sead/cap/cas and then bring up the menu again and they are no longer in there, then you called them.

with easy coms, doesn't it tune to the right frequency? I mean if I can call them in then I should be able to hear them respond? I'm learning. I had this on my computer for a year and never tried it out. Just got my thrustmaster warthog and so I'm learning. when I have a question I look in the manual, youtube and post questions here on the forurms. I learned so much in the past few days and today I just learned how to maintain a bank angle using the autopilot.

If you're still learning the ropes you shouldn't be flying the campaign IMHO. With that said, take the extra time and get rid of easy comms, they create more problems than they solve. I'd also revert to 1.5.4 for the time being, 1.5.5 has quite a few AI bugs.