Moose 2.5 Release

Pikey

Moose 2.5 is released to the live branch

The latest Moose.lua is now on the Master branch of GitHub, rather than a perpetual DEV branch update.

Where can I download Moose?: HERE

Main documentation: HERE

(Note you can still use develop documentation, just be aware that the DEV branch may again go ahead of Master branch)

What’s new in 2.5 from 2.4?

Most folks using the DEV branch would already know. For those that don’t:

AIRBOSS – Fully featured ATC and Carrier handler for the Tarawa and All Nimitz class carriers

• CASE I, II and III recoveries.
  • Super Carrier ready except grading for new dimensions (pending)
  • Supports human pilots as well as AI flight groups.
  • Automatic LSO grading including (optional) live grading while in the groove.
  • Different skill levels from on-the-fly tips for flight students to ziplip for pros. Can be set for each player individually.
  • Define recovery time windows with individual recovery cases in the same mission.
  • Option to let the carrier steam into the wind automatically.
  • Automatic TACAN and ICLS channel setting of carrier.
  • Separate radio channels for LSO and Marshal transmissions.
  • Voice over support (multiple voices) for LSO and Marshal radio transmissions.
  • Advanced F10 radio menu including carrier info, weather, radio frequencies, TACAN/ICLS channels, player LSO grades, marking of zones etc.
  • Recovery tanker and refuelling option via integration of Ops.RecoveryTanker class.
  • Rescue helicopter option via Ops.RescueHelo class.
  • Combine multiple human players to sections & kiss off.
  • Many parameters customizable by convenient user API functions.
  • Multiple carrier support due to object oriented approach.
  • Unlimited number of players.
  • Persistence of player results (optional). LSO grading data is saved to csv file.
  • Trap sheet (optional).
  • Finite State Machine (FSM) implementation.
  • Discord Bot Ready to announce your latest traps in realtime (see https://aggressors.ca/hypemanii/ ) configurations according to even dynamic wind in mission and can be used in conjunction with:

RESCUEHELO – Your favourite starboard-side decorative CSAR helo, he’ll come laugh at the location you died in

• Close formation with carrier.
  • No restrictions regarding carrier waypoints and heading.
  • Automatic respawning on empty fuel for 24/7 operations.
  • Automatic rescuing of crashed or ejected pilots in the vicinity of the carrier.
  • Multiple helos at different carriers due to object oriented approach.

RECOVERYTANKER – Dogfight with DCS’s “hardest to connect to”, Tanker whilst he maintains position with the fleet

• Regular pattern update with respect to carrier position.
  • No restrictions regarding carrier waypoints and heading.
  • Automatic respawning when tanker runs out of fuel for 24/7 operations.
  • Tanker can be spawned cold or hot on the carrier or at any other airbase or directly in air.
  • Automatic AA TACAN beacon setting.
  • Multiple tankers at the same carrier.
  • Multiple carriers due to object oriented approach.
  • Finite State Machine (FSM) implementation, which allows the mission designer to hook into certain events.

ATIS – Audible Air Traffic Information Service, accurate to the limits of DCS weather

• Wind direction and speed
  • Visibility
  • Cloud coverage, base and ceiling
  • Temperature
  • Dew point (approximate as there is no relative humidity in DCS yet)
  • Pressure QNH/QFE
  • Weather phenomena: rain, thunderstorm, fog, dust
  • Active runway based on wind direction
  • Tower frequencies
  • More than 180 voice overs
  • Airbase names pronounced in locale accent (russian, US, french, arabic)
  • Option to present information in imperial or metric units
  • Runway length and airfield elevation (optional)
  • Frequencies/channels of nav aids (ILS, VOR, NDB, TACAN, PRMG, RSBN) (optional)

AI A2G Dispatcher – Like the GCICAP type scripts – sends out attack aircraft to attack detected Ground targets automatically throughout long duration missions.

• Setup quickly an A2G defense system for a coalition.
  • Setup multiple defense zones to defend specific coordinates in your battlefield.
  • Setup (SEAD) Suppression of Air Defense squadrons, to gain control in the air of enemy grounds.
  • Setup (CAS) Controlled Air Support squadrons, to attack closeby enemy ground units near friendly installations.
  • Setup (BAI) Battleground Air Interdiction squadrons to attack remote enemy ground units and targets.
  • Define and use a detection network controlled by recce.
  • Define A2G defense squadrons at airbases, farps and carriers.
  • Enable airbases for A2G defenses.
  • Add different planes and helicopter templates to squadrons.
  • Assign squadrons to execute a specific engagement type depending on threat level of the detected ground enemy unit composition.
  • Add multiple squadrons to different airbases, farps or carriers.
  • Define different ranges to engage upon.
  • Establish an automatic in air refuel process for planes using refuel tankers.
  • Setup default settings for all squadrons and A2G defenses.
  • Setup specific settings for specific squadrons.

FOX – A missile trainer so you don’t (always) die

• Handles air-to-air and surface-to-air missiles.
  • Define your own training zones on the map. Players in this zone will be protected.
  • Define launch zones. Only missiles launched in these zones are tracked.
  • Define protected AI groups.
  • F10 radio menu to adjust settings for each player.
  • Alert on missile launch (optional).
  • Marker of missile launch position (optional).
  • Adaptive update of missile-to-player distance.

UPDATES and minor additions in last year

UTILS, CONTROLLABLE, COORDINATE, UNIT have all had additional methods added

EVENT - Future proofed events post 2.5.6 issues so that they aren’t reliant on fixed enumerators that might just decide to change patch on patch

AIRBASE - up to date, post 2.5.6 and new Normandy additions.

FIXES

Github shows open and closed issues: https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed

It’s important to note that we cannot fix all issues, some of Flight Control’s code is so complex it is too difficult to fix. But this is mainly in modules outside of the core.

PIPELINE

EASE OF ACCCES

In the last few years, this scripting framework has gained popularity, a vast amount of DCS players have cut their teeth on scripting for the very first time. The entry level to MOOSE is bewildering for most, and often the excessive tutorial spam tries to help but just makes it more confusing. We will provide a single entry point landing page designed in such a way that what you need is on the top, and as you get smarter at Lua and DCS, additional more complex things can be accessed from the same page. That will be on these forums, with links spreading outwards to more up to date documentation and guides. Especially catering for people that do not want to learn how to script Lua, but want to use the modules and features as easily as possible.

MOOSE 3.0

The next evolution is now in preparation. It’s a major revision as the intention is to gradually deprecate some modules so they can be maintained by current authors. This will include several classes that we plan to be the bedrock of automatic and dynamic gameplay. Stay tuned.

Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Wow, this is such an incredible asset, especially in creating multiplayer missions and handling dynamic creation of a player vs environment style experience.

Thank you guys. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

AIRBOSS.version "1.1.4" released directly to main branch last night to edit some of the wire and dimensions and bring Airboss up to the same standard as the existing Stennis Airboss release.

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/commit/21652de8040b3d03327f0338880f339ebe4b837b

We have had expert testers feedback on day 1 and we are very close to expectations. Thanks Frank!

Docs are in MOOSE.lua itself despite the speerate repo on GH, but I don't think they were touched. Example missions however are in a different repository with some funky appveyor tricks to insert up to date mooses.

1.1.4 of Airboss is just a hotfix to make SC carrier dimensions even better with SC release and went to master and dev branches

Thanks!

I'm new to MOOSE, but I've got the recovery tanker working. However, I can't seem to get the callsign to change. Here is the script I am using:

TexacoStennis=RECOVERYTANKER:New(UNIT:FindByName("USS George Washington"), "Recovery Tanker" )

TexacoStennis:Start()

TexacoStennis:SetCallsign(CALLSIGN.Tanker.Arco)

The S3B takes off as it should, and sets itself up in the pattern. However, I cannot for the life of me get the callsign change command to work. I've tried variations per the MOOSE help file (TexacoStennis:SetCallsign(2) for example), but nothing.

Am I missing something?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Am I missing something?

Move the :SetCallsign() command before the :Start() command. The callsign is set inside the start function. So if you set it afterwards it will not be applied.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Move the :SetCallsign() command before the :Start() command. The callsign is set inside the start function. So if you set it afterwards it will not be applied.

:doh: Thanks. Thought it had to be something simple.

I can assume this will also apply to all other customizations, such as TACAN frequency and orbit locations / altitudes?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Worked! Mostly. Once the tanker runs out of fuel and RTBs, the new spawn reverts back to the default Texaco 1-1 callsign. Should the assigned callsign persist upon respawn?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

thank you for your work. It´s a awesome script and a must have.

Just need your help, i use RAT script but with the last moose version 2.5.0 i don´t get the RAT F10 options (respawn/info/etc) in the comms. So, i´m still using the previous moose version to overpass this. Can you help please? Does RAT script needed to be updated for the new moose version?

Thank you.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Hi,

thank you for your work. It´s a awesome script and a must have.

Just need your help, i use RAT script but with the last moose version 2.5.0 i don´t get the RAT F10 options (respawn/info/etc) in the comms. So, i´m still using the previous moose version to overpass this. Can you help please? Does RAT script needed to be updated for the new moose version?

Thank you.

F.

You have to enable it now via https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Functional.Rat.html##(RAT).RadioMenuON

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Thank you very much for your quick help/reply. Really appreciated.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

hi funkyfranky + team, thank you very much for these awesome contributions to DCS. guess i am currently just scratching the surface by using RAT + ATIS, but that might change with 3.0, when accessibility is made easier.

thanks a lot for this!

cheers

hilok