[ACKNOWLEDGED]MiniGun Ridiculous ?

Vinci

• ED Team

Hi

The damage on AI units is simplified and depends on penetration values. I can see you are doing damage and will take a look at the Ka-50.

reported

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I play multiplayer (with another huey pilot) and player controlled ka-50 also takes a lot of bullets to shoot down in huey......wouldn’t know if this is how it would be in rl but with seeing this post I thought I’d add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• ED Team

I have included other AI helicopters in my report.

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have done this test because I played in PvP server and I fired lot of bullets on Ka50 in face to face combat.

I was perfectly sure to hit him a lot and it was still flying like nothing happened.

When i saw so much impacts in cockpit without killing anything i was pretty sure something was wrong.

So you may try to have a look even with the Playable model.

Thank you !

• ED Team
Hello,

I know the MiniGun has 7.62mm bullets, but even with that and the burst quantity it should be very deadly against helicopters.

But look my video.

What do you think ?

Ka-50 is heavy armored helicopter and can absorbs and rebounds dozen 7,62.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Thank you for replying.

I know it is heavy armored but there are some limits i think.

On DDCS server the report said i got almost 260 hits at close range. It seems a lot for me without doing any damage. It was still flying like nothing happened, and fired on me.

You are the pro but seems weird for me.

Thank you for replying.

I know it is heavy armored but there are some limits i think.

On DDCS server the report said i got almost 260 hits at close range. It seems a lot for me without doing any damage. It was still flying like nothing happened, and fired on me.

You are the pro but seems weird for me.

Ka50 should handle some 23mm also, which is quite a lot more than 7.62mm. What you are really seeing is the basic damage model, so things like optics or tires or other small vulnerable parts are not registering hits. The current damage model is and has been for many years a basic health points system of which the warhead value deducts points from. Same issue as ARM missiles not damaging antennae dishes and ship damage modelling.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

judging the video, it looked thousands to me not dozens.

with recent updates, uh1 is just a cargo helicopter. forget the guns

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Ka50 should handle some 23mm also...

My understanding is the Ka-50 COCKPIT, much like the A-10 cockpit, can handle a 23mm round; but, like the A-10, the rest of the bird is susceptible to taking serious damage from a well placed shot, including that of a 7.62 single round.

At low altitude (treetop levels) a 7.62 round still has quite the punch if we should fly close enough. I wouldn't expect to go down in a blaze of glory from a single well placed shot (though possible I guess), but some sort of system failure, maybe engine vibrations, fuel leak, etc., should be seen as a viable possibility.

That being said, I do have to agree that the Huey miniguns need to be increased damage wise against aircraft. I can understand doing little to no damage against a tank, but aircraft are not 40+ ton armored vehicles.

Just my two cents.

• ED Team

We are aware the unit damage models need work, and it is on the list to do for the future.

I can not say when that will happen at the moment.

Thank you

judging the video, it looked thousands to me not dozens.

with recent updates, uh1 is just a cargo helicopter. forget the guns

judging from the video, think its closer to 100 or so since he was spray and pray.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...
We are aware the unit damage models need work, and it is on the list to do for the future.

I can not say when that will happen at the moment.

Thank you

At what point did it break? I just fired up the Huey in DCS after about 8 months and the miniguns seems to have no effect on a small target (speedboat, jeeps etc).

This wasn't the case before, so something changed recently. Why would this not be a priority given that it worked before? Missions in the Huey are unplayable at this point.

At what point did it break? I just fired up the Huey in DCS after about 8 months and the miniguns seems to have no effect on a small target (speedboat, jeeps etc).

This wasn't the case before, so something changed recently. Why would this not be a priority given that it worked before? Missions in the Huey are unplayable at this point.

Yes they are, those guns are only meant for light armored vehicles at best. There are some rounds that are DU cased armor piercing, but I dont even think for a second that RAOUFUSS rounds are even available for the 7.62x51 ammo. SLAP rounds are around too but does the M134 fire that kind of ammo? No, the M134 is a suppression weapon/anti vehicle/ anti personnel weapon thats short on range. Not only that, but heres proof it works just fine.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Yes they are, those guns are only meant for light armored vehicles at best. There are some rounds that are DU cased armor piercing, but I dont even think for a second that RAOUFUSS rounds are even available for the 7.62x51 ammo. SLAP rounds are around too but does the M134 fire that kind of ammo? No, the M134 is a suppression weapon/anti vehicle/ anti personnel weapon thats short on range. Not only that, but heres proof it works just fine.

I do not get the same results that you demonstrate in your vid.

I have a custom mission where I could (in the past) take out a convoy of 12 transport vehicles using 3 Hueys with no problem.

Now, after using all of my ammo (Copilot, LG and RG), and 2 AI Hueys, I can longer take out the same convoy with the flight log registering over 100 hits on a single unit without a kill. Something changed recently as another poster stated.

So it may work on your end, but that does not disqualify the issues that others are seeing on their end.

Its all about accuracy. If I remember my numbers right, its about 60% more accurate than the M60 due to sheer volume of ammunition used. You still need to be hitting the target to damage the target, and this ammo is nothing but .308 Winchester with tracer ammo mixed in. Some mentioned it matters where you hit the vehicle too, but I dont see it honestly.

My wallpaper and skins

yeah funny enough the AI Uh1H's also absorb 7.62 from miniguns like a sponge as well.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Its all about accuracy. If I remember my numbers right, its about 60% more accurate than the M60 due to sheer volume of ammunition used. You still need to be hitting the target to damage the target, and this ammo is nothing but .308 Winchester with tracer ammo mixed in. Some mentioned it matters where you hit the vehicle too, but I dont see it honestly.

If the flight log registers 100+ hits on a jeep with no destruction...then I think we can rule accuracy out.

I, like others, have seen a complete change in the amount of damage caused by the miniguns. I used to get the results that you showed in your vid...that is no longer the case after recent updates.

If it works fine your end, great. Others are experiencing different results.

I dont know how they would be different, Im running the 2.5.6 updates too so my results should be the norm.

On a side note, do you get the vehicles to burn when you shoot them? Because thats new - fire causes damage to units now and if they are on fire they will blow up soon regardless of how much damage they took. Ive seen tankers get 50% hp loss, catch fire and then explode. Something for you to test or look for.

My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...

The bug is acknowledged. I don't get this "supportive denials" replies. Let ED or other 3rd parties fix the problems not put doubts with replies of the type "I've read a colouring book..."

No helicopter can take hundreds of 7.62 rounds from under a kilometer to 300 meters and just stroll away. Nobody will be willing to test that in RL.

Ka50 is armored but not everything. That thousand of bullets that rained on it would have at least clogged the engines with lead and weld the rotors shut.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least