DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Germany used a number of allied captured vehicals during the war, including P-47s, Mustangs, Spitfires, B17s and a few others, as for tanks and ground vehicals, KV series were used, t-34s, a few half tracks, churchil and matilda tanks iirc.

as for load testing im sure there is likely a forumla that can be used after static load testing is done, seeing as the pressure at a given altitude can be recorded they could likely apply such a formula to figure out pressure exerted per surface area at a height and then compare to the static tests to failure.

that being said im no aviation engineer and only hold a ppl and looked at how aircraft are built.

RTOva9u.jpg 728e825e6b583df8920a85dab4f35d91.jpg

I knew about the Spitfire but not about the Mustang. Great pictures fella :thumbup:

"I knew about the Spitfire but not about the Mustang."

Again, the Mustang photo was taken during the making of a Hollywood film where they used some Air Guard P-51's as Messerschmidt 109's. It wasn't taken during the war.

Probably right for this picture. But Luftwaffe did use P51.

There was an evaluation squadron where all captured plane were repaired and tested. Don't remember which one, but a great german aces used to go to the airfield where those plane were placed and often fly them to understand what they can and can't do.

Zirkus Rosarius. Hans Werner Lerche mentions it in his book.

P51Zirkus.jpg

german3.jpg

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Only 2 more weeks I'm sure of it....

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

There are plenty of websites for that sort of thing. No need to look for it here.

Oh wait you meant the P-47.... Nevermind :music_whistling:

9./JG27

I'll never tire of beautiful Jug footage. However, as with the DCS P-47, there're no substitutes for the real thing. :music_whistling:

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

^ I recall Nick said in the interview there would be only 4 skins available for release, didn't he? I wouldn't count on unusual / less popular ones getting in then (even though personally, whenever PTO or SEAC skins become available, these are the only ones I'm going to use :D).

I suspect they'll follow the business model proven with Anton, i.e. just make 3-4 skins initially, throw a template, announce a community skinning competition, implement their skins later.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

^ I recall Nick said in the interview there would be only 4 skins available for release, didn't he? I wouldn't count on unusual / less popular ones getting in then (even though personally, whenever PTO or SEAC skins become available, these are the only ones I'm going to use :D).

I suspect they'll follow the business model proven with Anton, i.e. just make 3-4 skins initially, throw a template, announce a community skinning competition, implement their skins later.

Yes, Nick stated in an interview they rely on community to make the skins. And I think thats working quite nicely.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Yes, Nick stated in an interview they rely on community to make the skins. And I think thats working quite nicely.

I have already prepared a liist of skin I will make when the template will be released ! :)

(I hope to work on them in July :p )

I am eagerly waiting for the Jug, also can't wait for Mariana's map, F4U and AI Zero. With the Jug, Corsair and P-51 we have a good american setup for Pacific!

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Any get an updated eta or did I miss a post

1st day purchase for me. ED pls give us an ETA.

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

Is this the new 2 weeks?

9./JG27