Damage Model Update - 10/12 - Page 122 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-24-2020, 07:02 AM   #1211
speed-of-heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Yeah its tough, because back when we announced I never thought it would take this long, but back when it was announced I didn't see the complexity and amount of work that it needed either, and as you say, if we ignored or confirmed without signs of action the issues with the DM, well then right, damned if you do, damned if you don't...

The team involved is not large, and sometimes is stuck waiting for art to be done, so I wouldn't say it has been 3 years of 24/7 work. But it has been actively worked on much of that time.
As you say that’s the other issue, sometimes things take a lot longer than you think they will in code, trying to explain that to even developers is pretty hard unless they have been involved in large scale development efforts, understanding the sheer number of “moving parts” in software is non trivial at best, let alone the interrelationships between them... anyway keep up the “reasonable endeavours” I’m enjoying the game, would I enjoy it more with an updated new damage model, of course... and several other things as well. In the mean time time to fly and see if I can bag a few more ‘huns’ before breakfast

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, Shaders MOD for VR with IC pass and clear water.
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:08 AM   #1212
Brigg

I don't have a problem with the approach just as long as all updates are done to ALL THE AIRCRAFT AT THE SAME TIME.
Brigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:42 AM   #1213
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigg View Post
I don't have a problem with the approach just as long as all updates are done to ALL THE AIRCRAFT AT THE SAME TIME.
Why? If ED decide to test single plane first, they have right to it.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #1214
NineLine
Community Manager

Yes, we started with the SPitfire, as things progressed and we saw the path, all Player versions were adapted, then AI version of Player and now AI only are, it gets easier I think with the more we do. Although the bombers add more complexity yet.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:36 AM   #1215
NineLine
Community Manager

So I removed a bunch of nonsense posts, there are one or two of you that enjoy dragging a conversation of in another direction for no real purpose, you know who you are please, try and stay on topic. I don't know how many times I have to warn about this.

People come here for information, not a philosophy lesson. Thanks. If you have an issue with this, please PM me or BIGNEWY. Thanks.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote