Indestructible trees

Taz1004

So I just got back to DCS a month ago like many here and starting again with the SU-25T.

And I'm having a lot of trouble with the Instant Action CAS Medium. The enemy forces are in the woods and blocking all my weapons. Looking at the Tacview, 4 SU-25T's were throwing everything at this one tank covered by trees on all sides and can't kill it with all the Vikhrs and 25L

And this tank wasn't moving. Doesn't matter which angle.

Also the accuracy of 25MPU... I fire 10, hit like 3 or 4. Is there accuracy mod or remove tree collision somewhere?

Running latest OB.

Edited by Taz1004

By going to the appropriate directory and loading them.

-edit

Instant, not regular, nevermind. Don't know if you can modify instant action missions. Just create/use a similar mission, and do what you need to there.

That said, tanks hiding in a forest is like... a normal, intelligent thing for them to do. In this case, the correct course of action would be for you to alter your tactics and weapons to fit the situation. Laser guided atgms are probably not a great choice for a fast mover to use against targets hiding in dense forests. They wouldn't work very well in real life either.

-edit edit

And as a suggestion, you can put vikhrs on a Su-25T, but that doesn't mean it's a great idea. They destroy your aerodynamics and performance, and it takes 20-30 minutes of circling repeatedly to get them all off on a target area (since you have 16 of them and can only fly so slow). I literally NEVER use them on the Frogfoot. They suck horribly, imo. Virtually any other weapon is a better choice. What works well on an attack helicopter doesn't necessarily translate to a fixed wing fast mover... or is it just a coincidence this concept never went anywhere beyond a handful of testbed aircraft?

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

By going to the appropriate directory and loading them.

-edit

Instant, not regular, nevermind. Don't know if you can modify instant action missions. Just create/use a similar mission, and do what you need to there.

That said, tanks hiding in a forest is like... a normal, intelligent thing for them to do. In this case, the correct course of action would be for you to alter your tactics and weapons to fit the situation. Laser guided atgms are probably not a great choice for a fast mover to use against targets hiding in dense forests. They wouldn't work very well in real life either.

-edit edit

And as a suggestion, you can put vikhrs on a Su-25T, but that doesn't mean it's a great idea. They destroy your aerodynamics and performance, and it takes 20-30 minutes of circling repeatedly to get them all off on a target area (since you have 16 of them and can only fly so slow). I literally NEVER use them on the Frogfoot. They suck horribly, imo. Virtually any other weapon is a better choice. What works well on an attack helicopter doesn't necessarily translate to a fixed wing fast mover... or is it just a coincidence this concept never went anywhere beyond a handful of testbed aircraft?

Sounds like you haven't played that mission. You don't get to choose your weapons in Instant Action. And there are like 20 of them you have to destroy or you fail the mission. Couple bombs are not going to work. Poorly designed missions I should say if the trees are tougher than armors.

Found the location of the Instant Action missions by the way. Called QuickStart.

Edited by Taz1004

• 3 months later...

If my memory serves, trees did not used to have collision. Just a guess, but the SU25 has not had a lot of effort spent on it for a long time, so I'm guessing that perhaps the missions predate the newer trees with collision detection.

IIRC it’s possible to save an instant mission, meaning that you can do what you like with it. Including changing weapons and choice of aircraft

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

This was few months old and I did find workaround since then. But since you guys brought it back, yes, I can sort of work around the indestructible trees but this is STILL very annoying when it comes to AI wingman dealing with these trees.

They will never fire if targets are slightly covered in trees.