Black out during Launch

Jedrzej

Hi

As I mentioned in topic, in simple mission “cage the bear”, during the launch from catapult I’ve got black out for 1-2 seconds. Is this normal?

Jędrzej

Not mission specific. I have it regularly in other missions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Not mission specific. I have it regularly in other missions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not get this before upgrade. I thought that mayby it depends from head movement (I got VR) because for the first time I was looking to the right when catapult launch me, but next time just looking ahead and got black out too.

When I tried launch from supercarrier, from added mision to F14 I did not get black out.

I've experienced it as well, and had it on the Stennis a time or two.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I noticed this - FWIW

According to NATOPs the F14 is supposed to kneel then "stand' again tonlock the launch bar.

If I "stand'after hooking up on either carrier I black out on the take off roll.

Ive also blacked out on the take off roll before seemingly almost randomly but now I think of it I think no flaps increases tbe odds.

If I launch knelt, full flaps, sc or not no black out

I noticed this - FWIW

According to NATOPs the F14 is supposed to kneel then "stand' again tonlock the launch bar.

If I "stand'after hooking up on either carrier I black out on the take off roll.

Ive also blacked out on the take off roll before seemingly almost randomly but now I think of it I think no flaps increases tbe odds.

Good thoughts, but in my case I never “stand” again, I ignore the crew direction to retract launch bar. Also I use full flaps every time, and I still get this probably >50% of the time.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I noticed this - FWIW

This is incorrect, you stay kneeled before launch and the strut should decompress right as you go off the end of the catapult.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

• 1 year later...