Bandar Abbas Attack - Multiplayer Supercarrier Mission on PG by SEDLO

Sedlo

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309865/

This is a short, multiplayer mission featuring the Supercarrier. Strike targets at the Bandar Abbas Airport using shore based and carrier aircraft. (bring SEAD)

SITUATION

Two days ago, elements of the IIRAF struck commercial shipping in the strait of Hormuz, resulting in numerous ships damaged or destroyed. Today, the United States and her allies are striking back.

MISSION

Your mission today is to attack IIRAF forces based at Bandar Abbas airport.

THREATS

The fighter aircraft currently sitting alert at Bandar Abbas are MiG-29 and F-5 aircraft. They are augmented by a F-14 CAP patrolling the straits that are based out of Shiraz. The Iranians have demonstrated, in the past, the ability to scramble fighters with 5 minute warning.

The Iranians have an SA-2 battery located on the Western edge of Qeshm Island which is in operation 24 hours a day. Further to the North, Bandar Abbas is defended by a SA-3 battery.

Mobile SA-6 indications have been reported, there is a chance they may be basing these missiles on islands in the Gulf.

Iranian shore based radar and communications jamming has been observed in recent weeks.

WEATHER

The weather in the target area is VFR, winds light and variable, visibility 10 miles in smog, ceiling unlimited and altimeter setting is 29.92

AIRCRAFT ASSIGNMENTS

CALLSIGN A/C ROLE FREQ

CHEVY 1 F-15C SWEEP 322.5

DODGE 1 F/A-18C STRIKE 342.2

DODGE 9 AV-8B STRIKE 341.5

FORD 5 F-14B SWEEP 227.5

PONTIAC 3 F-16C STRIKE 141.1

UZI 2 F/A-18C SEAD 246.8

DARKSTAR E-3A AWACS 328.5 (PRIME) 274.1 (SECONDARY)

TEXACO 51 KC-135 TANKER 297.5 TACAN 51Y

SHELL 31 KC-130 TANKER 321.3 TACAN 31Y

WAYPOINTS

ALL EXCEPT HORNETS

WP.1 MARSHALL PUSH TIME 02:05

WP.2 IP

WP.3 TARGET AREA

WP.4 EGRESS

WP.5 LAND

HORNET WAYPOINTS

WP.1 MARSHALL PUSH TIME 02:05

WP.2 IP

WP.3 TARGET AREA

WP.4 EGRESS

WP.5 BULLSEYE

WP.6 LAND

LANDING/DEPARTURE

USS LINCOLN 245.5 74X (CVN) CH.11 BRC 040

USS TARAWA 363.3 05X (LHA) BRC 040

MINHAD AFB 251.1 99X (MIN) RWY 09

TITLE.png

IMG2.png

Bandar Abbas Mission Briefing 1p901.pdf

Edited by Sedlo

We've just flew it.

We were a total of 9 planes. 3 Sweep, 3 SEAD, 3 strikers.

It was fun but if you want I can give you some feedback:

- The Push is too early. We finally did the push at 2:20 zulu because it was impossible to get all flights in time at WP1 for 2:05. Flights from Al Minhad spawned at the opposite spot from the runway so they had to taxi for almost 5 mins to just get to holding point.

- There are a lot of work for the sweep flights but the SEAD mission is quite easy and done with 2 planes. In fact I diverted one of my SEAD wingmans to Sweep because they were overwhelmed.

The rest of the mission was really fun, engaging and well done. Planning is top notch, briefing as well.

Well done.

Edited by Eviscerador

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eviscerador, I've heard your great suggestions and have implemented the changes below:

- 10 minutes added from mission start to push time. This should help everybody out, but still will be a bit challenging :-)

- Moved player spawns at Minhad closer to the active runway, hopefully will help getting airborne quicker

- Added some random surprises.

I'm also wondering if people find the performance to be ok? I have not added any static "eye candy" to the carrier in order to help with frame rates, but can add some if people think performance will be ok.

Eviscerador, I've heard your great suggestions and have implemented the changes below:

- 10 minutes added from mission start to push time. This should help everybody out, but still will be a bit challenging :-)

- Moved player spawns at Minhad closer to the active runway, hopefully will help getting airborne quicker

- Added some random surprises.

I'm also wondering if people find the performance to be ok? I have not added any static "eye candy" to the carrier in order to help with frame rates, but can add some if people think performance will be ok.

For us the performance was all right. There is a minor stuttering when some big triggers activate but that's DCS anyway.

The vipers and tomcats need 8 mins to fully align from cold so 10 more minutes will do. Thank you so much.

We are flying it again this evening with the new changes. People loved it. I will report you back with more feedback.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, version 1.901 posted. Changelog below:

1. Added more time between mission start and push time. It's mission start is now 05:20 (01:20) local and push time is 06:05 (02:05 Z)

2. Added some surprises

3. Changed AV-8B to start with empty external tanks

4. Updated/Fixed radio presets

5. Added some new kneeboards and updated old ones.

6. Updated mission briefing now included attached to first post of this thread.