Krasnodar "hitmen" - Single player CAS mini campaign WIP

repsol

Hello...

I could not edit the headline in my last mission thread ' a meeting not well met ' so i started this new one and will post future missions here...

I have plans to do maybe 5 missions to be played one after the other with the same storyline...The missions are not put together in a real working campaign as such...i hope this will be acceptable...i have alot left to learn with the editor.

I posted my first mission a few weeks ago "a meeting not well met" in a previous thread and

i will include it here also...Today i finished my second mission of the ´campaign´...

"The leader"

My basic plan with this capaign is to make fairly simple missions with not that very many units

to allow for good FPS and the difficulty level will be somewhere between EASY and MEDIUM i think...

I hope you will like it...comments are welcom (good or bad).

The campaign is purly fictional and will focus on anti-talibani style missions and not any big

force on force engagments with frontline units...In some missions you will be the only A10 in the air and in some you will have a wingman but no mission will have entire strike packages..My thinking with this is to make it fairly simple to understand and as mentioned before...good FPS.

The name "Krasnodar hitmen" comes from...Krasnodar is your home base and the friendly groundforces operating in this area very much appriciate your units assistans and have given you the nickname "KRASNODAR HITMEN".

"A meeting not well met"

----------------------------

- In this mission you will provide air support to a platoon of recon marines in humvees sent out to hold a meeting with some local leaders to discuss the current situation in the area.

"the leader"

--------------

- This is a night mission. You will provide air support during a rescuemission to free an imprissoned leader.

"The bombdoctor"

----------------------

- This mission takes place in the early morning. You start the mission in the air and you're on your way back to base after a long nightmission. Events taking place on the ground will however see to it that you will not get any sleep just yet...Duty calls once again...

OOh..i almost forgot...You will have to use COM.MENU F10 in most missions to communicate with frienlies...

Good luck !

If you have any problems...just ask and i will try to answer..:pilotfly:

A meeting not well met V2.miz

the leader V2.miz

the bombdoctor.miz

the bombdoctor V2.miz

Edited by repsol

Thanks, Wojasos...:)

I like the level of immersion, keep the stuff coming :).

trying to get the missions to be immersive is a high priority when making theese...

One downside to adding this much communications i fear is that it might interfear with your flying if you have to read through the messages when you got other things to do...(delivering firepower on the targets for example)...

On the upside i feel it makes the missions feel more 'lived in' and add to the feeling that you are actually playing a part in something...

I'm not sure about what others think ? if a got the balance right ?

Hello, Kaitsu...

Thanks for reporting...I will look into this.

The first question that comes to mind is:

Do you USE automatic START-UP at the RAMP or have you changed to START FROM RUNWAY ?

This has never happened to me while testing this mission...HITMAN 1-1 will have to have arrived and stopped at MEDEV before you call ON STATION...In my testings they always do...I have not tested with AUTOMATIC startup though. My guess of what's causing this problem is that you (if using AUTOMATIC STARTUP) arrive to early over MEDEV (before HITMAN 1-1 are there and waiting)...The timings in this mission may need to be tweaked a bit...AUTOMATIC STARTUP should offcourse be working to...

Can you please confirm for me what the GAME TIME is when you CALL ON STATION ?

Thanks !

Hello Wojasos..BIG thanks !!!

I must have made a stupid misstake when uploading that mission and choosen a test version and not the finished one...

This mission SHOULD have RAMP START....

I have uploaded a rampstart version now...SORRY Kaitsu and all others...

I played through the second mission "leader" and made it to the the end. When you are supposed to contact JTAC to get coordinates on that sam site, JTAC won't give me anything, they just tell me to rtb?? I didnt have much left in the way of munitions but, enough to take out a sam site. Did i do something wrong?

Hello, luckystrikes...

The JTAC usually works but the same thing happened to me to yesterday when testing some minor update ideas...I will try to find the problem...I think i have narrowed it down to that this only happens if the SAM has fired of all its missiles (4)...when playtesting sometimes the SAM would fire at me and sometime i would not but the JTAC alway found it...but it seems like he does not see the SAM as a threat/target if all the missiles are fired...I'm working on the problem and will try to fix it.

You did nothing wrong...Sorry for the problem (mission was completed...The SAM is the last threat to a succesful mission)...

Thanks for reporting...

Yes...i understand that was annoying (when you had no chans to kill that SAM)...Not the way to end a 1 hour mission...I'm will try to fix this...

The JTAC should offcourse give you the coordinates...I will upload a corrected version shortely

Hello...

I jus tthought i would let you know...

I'm having some problem with my computer...since yesterday it hangs and freezes

completally only a few seconds after i open the mission editor....:(

This only happens with the editor...I can play the game and watch videos with no problem and also play all other games...The only time this problem occurs is when i open the editor in DCS Warthog...

Until i can make this work again...missiondesigning is a 'no go'...

To bad...Mission 3 is almost finished and i have updated versions of mission 1 and 2 almost ready...I just don't understand what is causing this problem...

Hello, Mauser55.

Thank you for thoose kind words...I think i have found the poroblem with my computer.

It seems that some outdated drivers in my operating system was causing the problem.

After updating thoose everything is working again...Lets hope it stays that way.

If the problem does not return i will have mission 3 and updated versions of mission 1 and 2 (reported bugs fixed and some other improvments made) uploaded here during the weekend or sometime next week.

• Like 1

Because i like your non-linear missions i have some suggestions. I would be pleased if you can think about it.

Involving boats to the mission. It would be nice if there could be some mission where player have to spy or destroy some boat/s. For example mission where Russians "SEALS" heading on boat from some city to submarine and player have to stop them before they reach it.

Pure city mission. Simply whole mission set to some big city. Where player have to destroy convoys, buldings with snipers atc.

Somehow force player to use unusual weapon or weapon setting (exp. ground stabilized maverick). It would be sweet.

They are only suggestions but in your hands could be turned out into pure gold. :-D

Hello, Mauser55

Your big city idea is something i have thought about also and i will probably try do a

mission like that...It will not be the next mission (no.3...finished but needs some testing) or mission 4.

Perhaps after thoose i will give it a try...

Glad you liked it, ORboarder...

I would suggest you wait to play mission 2 "the leader"...

It has a small bug at the end with the JTAC..

I'm working on a V2 version that hopefully will be uploaded here during the weekend that fix that problem...

V2 for mission 1 and a new mission (3) will also be uploaded during the weekend i hope...

Things are taking a little longer then expected..

Hello, WillyWonka

Yes i totally agree with you. That would be VERY nice but i have not found a good way to make that work yet...sorry.

When i do i will most likely add that feature to the missions. That would make them much better...I agree with you...

Regards Repsol.