Krasnodar "hitmen" - Single player CAS mini campaign WIP - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #11
repsol

Hello, luckystrikes...

The JTAC usually works but the same thing happened to me to yesterday when testing some minor update ideas...I will try to find the problem...I think i have narrowed it down to that this only happens if the SAM has fired of all its missiles (4)...when playtesting sometimes the SAM would fire at me and sometime i would not but the JTAC alway found it...but it seems like he does not see the SAM as a threat/target if all the missiles are fired...I'm working on the problem and will try to fix it.

You did nothing wrong...Sorry for the problem (mission was completed...The SAM is the last threat to a succesful mission)...

Thanks for reporting...
repsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #12
LuckyStrikes

Well the last helo comes to pick the last few guys up, but it gets shot down by the sam site. Failed mission at that point haha.
LuckyStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:14 AM   #13
repsol

Yes...i understand that was annoying (when you had no chans to kill that SAM)...Not the way to end a 1 hour mission...I'm will try to fix this...

The JTAC should offcourse give you the coordinates...I will upload a corrected version shortely
Old 02-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
repsol

Hello...

I jus tthought i would let you know...
I'm having some problem with my computer...since yesterday it hangs and freezes
completally only a few seconds after i open the mission editor....

This only happens with the editor...I can play the game and watch videos with no problem and also play all other games...The only time this problem occurs is when i open the editor in DCS Warthog...

Until i can make this work again...missiondesigning is a 'no go'...

To bad...Mission 3 is almost finished and i have updated versions of mission 1 and 2 almost ready...I just don't understand what is causing this problem...
Old 02-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #15
Mauser55

I love your missions. They are so real and "personal". I dont need big "wars" - one pilot and few SEALs can create a perfect atmosphere. Good work dont stop !! :-)
Mauser55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:14 AM   #16
repsol

Hello, Mauser55.

Thank you for thoose kind words...I think i have found the poroblem with my computer.
It seems that some outdated drivers in my operating system was causing the problem.
After updating thoose everything is working again...Lets hope it stays that way.
If the problem does not return i will have mission 3 and updated versions of mission 1 and 2 (reported bugs fixed and some other improvments made) uploaded here during the weekend or sometime next week.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #17
Mauser55

Because i like your non-linear missions i have some suggestions. I would be pleased if you can think about it.

Involving boats to the mission. It would be nice if there could be some mission where player have to spy or destroy some boat/s. For example mission where Russians "SEALS" heading on boat from some city to submarine and player have to stop them before they reach it.

Pure city mission. Simply whole mission set to some big city. Where player have to destroy convoys, buldings with snipers atc.

Somehow force player to use unusual weapon or weapon setting (exp. ground stabilized maverick). It would be sweet.

They are only suggestions but in your hands could be turned out into pure gold. :-D
Mauser55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
repsol

Hello, Mauser55

Your big city idea is something i have thought about also and i will probably try do a
mission like that...It will not be the next mission (no.3...finished but needs some testing) or mission 4.
Perhaps after thoose i will give it a try...
Old 02-29-2012, 06:13 AM   #19
ORboarder

WOW! thanks for your hard work. I REALLY enjoyed the first mission, although I got shot down by igla because I got a little cocky. LOVE IT SO FAR!

HUGE THANK YOU!
ORboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #20
repsol

Glad you liked it, ORboarder...
I would suggest you wait to play mission 2 "the leader"...
It has a small bug at the end with the JTAC..
I'm working on a V2 version that hopefully will be uploaded here during the weekend that fix that problem...
V2 for mission 1 and a new mission (3) will also be uploaded during the weekend i hope...
Things are taking a little longer then expected..