VKB Gladiator vs Gladiator Pro - need help

Hi comrades,

I'm looking at VKB Gladiator Pro stick, and have no doubt it is a really solid product. The lack of buttons does not scare me either. On the other hand a regular Gladiator is almost 3 times less expensive. I'm wondering if anybody knows whether a regular model has all metal internals as well as the pro one? What are the other disadvantages of the regular model versa pro one?

Thanks!

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

It is my understanding the regular Gladiator does not have the all metal gimbal system that the Gladiator Pro has.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It is my understanding the regular Gladiator does not have the all metal gimbal system that the Gladiator Pro has.

that would make sense, considering the difference in price.

The differences between then:

- Gladiator PRO all metal "Next Gen" gimbal, - when this gimbal was sold as upgrade for Black Mamba cost 160$.

- Lack of "twist rudder" on Gladiator PRO, due this different gimbal.

- Promised possibility to in future install Cobra M5 and Warthog/Cougar grips in Gladiator PRO with optional adapter.

All the rest is basically the same.

The lack of buttons does not scare me either.

Probable you want mean "lack of buttons on grip", because joystick has 29 buttons:

15 physical + 14 in MODE/Shift. ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

- Promised possibility to in future install Cobra M5 and Warthog/Cougar grips in Gladiator PRO with optional adapter.

Note the 'promised' part.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Probable you want mean "lack of buttons on grip", because joystick has 29 buttons:

15 physical + 14 in MODE/Shift. ;)

yes, I think it is plenty.