Disappointment! Trap-model & Forestall.

CoBlue

Come on Heatblur! you pride yourself on being transparent. But you have avoided these 2 questions constantly. I think it's quite disrespectful even though they've been asked several times.

We'll make this more unforgiving soon - with hook skip bolters and hook damage.

For 10 months we've been flying with an "arcadish" trap-model. There's no challenge to trap a wire on the boat, total immersion killer for an Naval airplane.

The main thrill for me when I pre-ordered the F-14 was to experience the difficulties of Case I & III & trapping on the boat. With ED's F-18 trap-model experience, I certainty expected the same level of fidelity from HB.....thus my disappointment, especially 10 months in development!

ED's F-18 had an almost realistic trap-model from release....so what's the problem with HB's F-14?

When is the "arcadish" trap-model finally going be fixed?

Forrestal, F-14A: We will detail our plans regarding these ASAP. The Forrestal will be priority #1.

The Forrestal will launch this year- not sure which month exactly yet.

We do, we should have a general developer update soon for you guys again, where we explain everything a bit more. But, we are still committed to releasing it this year.

Why no news on Forrestal? It was supposed to be ready before 2019. But when it didn't make it, didn't it occur to you an update was in order?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Patience. Heatblur is a small team and this is a second job for many of the developers. Even in the best of times, software deadlines are prone to slip as new issues arise, new perspective is gained, and work is re-prioritized.

Edited by near_blind
Words being where they shouldn't and such

Early Access = not yet complete. Given that, the F-14 was released in a pretty darn good state, very close to complete IMO. Yet, there is always someone outraged by the lack of this feature or that. It's a small team, I'm sure they are doing their best. This being said, I'd also love an update about the Forestal and the "A" model, I'm really looknig forward to those.

It's the same EA you supported year ago with your wallet that you now hate :)

Otoh things like 2nd job, small team are pretty useless information for a customer which one should not know or care about.

Yes, we all are waiting for Tomcat and assets to be fully complete. In the mean time happy flying :thumbup:

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

If I'm flying on speed AoA together with a good line up and rate of descent, I should be able to trap consistently right ? In that case I don't feel the arcadish trap model, so I don't find it to be a big deal atm.

If I'm flying on speed AoA together with a good line up and rate of descent, I should be able to trap consistently right ? In that case I don't feel the arcadish trap model, so I don't find it to be a big deal atm.
You should not, the boat is moving as well and therefore even a perfect lineup can lead to a bolter. Just add some waves and not fly in nice weather ;)

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

You should not, the boat is moving as well and therefore even a perfect lineup can lead to a bolter.

Negligible in proper Case I.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

We're working on this, but the arresting information we receive from DCS is very rudimentary at the moment and we'll need to create a more complex interaction model ourselves (it seems!)

Im Surprised ED isn’t updating the core interaction with their supercarrier module?

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Everytime somebody cries about immersion a baby deer in the forest is brutally murdered by poachers. Shame on you OP, you killed Bambi's mom!

Thank you. I can't stand the term.

If you wanted "immersion" you should have joined the Navy 3 decades ago. DCS is not real life. Get over it. While its good to strive to get as close as possible to reality, things like this is not going to make you a better F-14 pilot in real life.

We're working on this, but the arresting information we receive from DCS is very rudimentary at the moment and we'll need to create a more complex interaction model ourselves (it seems!)

Is this going to delay the forrestal? Or will it be something added/worked on later.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thanx. It's very odd ED doesn't want to give you the needed tools, that already exist in game....guess we'll have to make them change their minds somehow.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

You should not, the boat is moving as well and therefore even a perfect lineup can lead to a bolter. Just add some waves and not fly in nice weather ;)

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

It CAN lead to a bolter, but you would still be consistent with your traps ;) So I'm guessing that a realistic trap model means that you would bolter once every x times if you do things properly

Edited by Panther 976

Thank you. I can't stand the term.

If you wanted "immersion" you should have joined the Navy 3 decades ago. DCS is not real life. Get over it. While its good to strive to get as close as possible to reality, things like this is not going to make you a better F-14 pilot in real life.

This is a well written quote, that sums up what DCS is about for many of us:

"The goal is accuracy and faithfulness to real world parameters. That's what these other customers and I have paid for. Not cave in, because someone doesn't like the design of the Tomcat and can't be bothered to improve their skills."

I & many others are in DCS for the realism. So I dunno why you have a problem with my post? Don't you want the HB's F-14 to be as real as possible, that includes an trap-model that challenges you? HB's F-14 is one of my favorites & that's why I care & won't ever settle for anything "arcadish/simplistic".

Edited by CoBlue

"The goal is accuracy and faithfulness to real world parameters. That's what these other customers and I have paid for. Not cave in, because someone doesn't like the design of the Tomcat and can't be bothered to improve their skills."

I & many others are in DCS for the realism. So I dunno why you have a problem with my post? Don't you want the HB's F-14 to be as real as possible, that includes an trap-model that challenges you? HB's F-14 is one of my favorites & that's why I care & won't ever settle for anything "arcadish/simplistic".

Agreed. I came for the realism.

• Like 1

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey

This is something we're working on aircraft-side, and does not impact the forrestal at the moment

:thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

My 2 cents:

It's already an incredibly complex simulation of the F-14. The most hard core ever published. Yet there are some important feature for game play missing (TWS Auto, Jester LANTIRN control...).

But the more you give to people, the more you will have people nitpicking about smaller and smaller details like you're doing. (Hook skipping the wires).

It may be a good idea, but I hope they do prioritize and will deliver missing features before making this kind of small detail which doesn't exist anywhere else (module or simulator).

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Agreed. I came for the realism.

I came for the fun. For the "realistic" fun, because it seems I am the lucky one who does not know how the cat behaved in real life. But there will be always "enjoyers" and "complainers", both are important for gaming. The one to have fun, the other to have a smile and reminding the devs what the ideal simulator/game could look like.

@HeatBlur

Keep up your good work and take the feedback as it is. Just a feedback...with, perhaps, some useful information.