Pocket Guide update: JDAMs

Zeus67

Hello folks, here is the updated pocket guide with the instructions on how to use the JDAMs, including target selection.

JDAMs are under testing right now but their release is approaching. :smartass:

AV8BNA Pocket Guide.pdf

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

As stated in the updated pocket guide (as far as I can see, all other chapters remain the same, with the same state from initital EA release, so the update only means a new cover picture and the added JDAMs/ATHS), the TGP is needed for laser ranging.

So far, the laser raning was not modeled in the Harrier yet. The target coordinates stay the same before and after the use of the laser. In oposite to that, the coordinates change when useing the Laser in the A10c.

• So is the laser ranging effect now also added to the Harrier or is it still missing?
  • Is the TGP slew with axis now also fixed?
  • Have all the core issues regarding the TGP now also been fixed, or will they stay still the same? Especially, the suddenly not anymore working laser could be affecting the JDAMs useage.
  • After there have been silence for more then four months (I guess for the JDAM/ATHS developement only) on the Harrier, will you now start with bugfixing for the year long known bugs or whats the plan?

BTW, and just my personal opinion:

Your signature is quite rude and not polite to your paying customers.

Especially as there are many mistakes and typos in the "updated" pocket guide, I assume that the coding is done more carefuly.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Nice improvement over the original effort :thumbup:

On pages 5 and 6 the illustrated points and description indexes are not synchronized. The descriptions start with 4 and not 1.

On page 15, the highlighted text says, "ATTENTION: NRAS and PC values are fixed for the initial Early Access release version. The pilot cannot change them". This is not true, at least up until now. Entering VSTOL master mode brings up the NRAS and PC settings in the ODU where they can be set. From my experience, both work as designed.

Page 38, (1) HUD Symbology Reject Switch is still bass ackwards in the cockpit. Defaut is down and displays all HUD elements with the rejection levels being upward. There is no note about this.

Just a couple of things I noticed ;)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Nice to see that relative mode is in there.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

RAZBAM please review this “help” guide page by page, it has too many errors to be of use in its current state.

At least it fits quite good to the current state of the Harrier. :(

Unfortunately Razbam does not see any reason to listen to anyone here, or to improve / fix important things. :noexpression:.

I give you a good advice: Never ever take a look in the Tacmanual. Every single thing I studied from that yet is modelled wrong in our Harrier in DCS.

Steam user - Youtube

@Viper2097 Ok, i bite :) What is the Tacmanual, and can you outline like five things that you found are modeled wrong? Without breaking forum rules of course.

The Tac manual is the "official" manual of the Harrier how the weapon employment works. Similiar like the NATOPS is regarding normal flight operations.

You want five things? I give you fifteen:

In my mind I have:

1. Bomb drop line when fuzeing is set to safe should blink.

2. Sidearms symbologoy is wrong (symbol on HUD looks different then we have it in DCS now).

3. Sidearms cage/uncage is not modelled. IRL you need to uncage it first that it is able to lock on a emitter.

4. Complete timer functions are not available (TOT, TTT etc.)

5. As long as the AGM-65 is not locked, the FOV/undsignate button should change the FOV. It does not change the FOV, it always drops you back to boresight.

6. LSS function is missing on the TGP.

7. Whole wind compensation is missing in the ARBS.

Then I opened the Tacman and scrolled to the AGM-65 section:

8. Uncage of the IR-Maverick should also work during the 3 min. cooldown, but will, however, deliver a fuzzy video feed.

9. Pressing DTC while slewing should move the Maverick seeker with twice the speed.

10. Waypoint incr. switch should toggle polarity when in slew mode with the AGM-65.

11. HUD Symbology for Maverick is wrong. While in slew mode, its a quite big box. With a lock, the box should get as big as the target.

12. When IRMAV is boxed in the HUD, it only indicates that the Mav sensor itself gets slewed. At the moment it indicates a lock.

13. If the slewed target is outside of the keyhole, the HUD indication should start to blink.

14. IIRC, the small crosshair blinks when it is locked in DCS. This is wrong, it should only blink if it has a bad lock.

15. Again AGM-65: The aiming cross itself should be closed in the center while selewing. If there is a lock achieved, the aiming cross should open as much as the target is big.

Steam user - Youtube

I have reported dozen of bugs and things which are done wrong.

They just don't care about and ignore it. Take a look at the bug section.

If I would start to report everything that is wrong according the Tacmanual, then this would be a full time job. For what? Even more ignorance?

I guess they know on their own what all is wrong, but as I said, they just don't care.

For me it seems, that Razbam does not have the intention to make any real good moduel in the context of what DCS stands for.

They are just makeing casual modules with only as much effort so that the people don't get full crazy about what they spent their money at.

Take a look at whats happening now:

The bug section here is FULL of game breaking and unbelievable annoying bugs which should be fixed since years(!). One thread after the other comes up with the same question: "Why is the Harrier in such an awful state and why is nothing happening?".

But no, Razbam is not interested in fixing any bugs, they decided to do now some JDAM implementation. Since 4 months. It seems like that they feel that quantity is much more important then quality, if they even work on anything.

We will see to what this leads to.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I have reported dozen of bugs and things which are done wrong.

They just don't care about and ignore it. Take a look at the bug section.

If I would start to report everything that is wrong according the Tacmanual, then this would be a full time job. For what? Even more ignorance?

I guess they know on their own what all is wrong, but as I said, they just don't care.

For me it seems, that Razbam does not have the intention to make any real good moduel in the context of what DCS stands for.

They are just makeing casual modules with only as much effort so that the people don't get full crazy about what they spent their money at.

Take a look at whats happening now:

The bug section here is FULL of game breaking and unbelievable annoying bugs which should be fixed since years(!). One thread after the other comes up with the same question: "Why is the Harrier in such an awful state and why is nothing happening?".

But no, Razbam is not interested in fixing any bugs, they decided to do now some JDAM implementation. Since 4 months. It seems like that they feel that quantity is much more important then quality, if they even work on anything.

We will see to what this leads to.

I think company development assets have moved to MSFS2020. Believe company was founded on this franchise.

I think company development assets have moved to MSFS2020. Believe company was founded on this franchise.

I think you're right. Their first module - the M2000C, was basically a FSX port which slowly was improved to DCS standards. FSX never cared about much in terms of flight mode fidelity, and systems depth.

It seems it's easier to develop to flight sims that are light in scope compared to DCS (probably also more money to be made for less effort).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com