How to optimize the monitor and gamma settings in 2.5

shagrat

Ah, good point on the monitors default settings optimized for sales display.
Yes, and of course your personal set up and lighting situation has a lot of impact, as well.

If you have a bright room and game mostly at daylight, you will need more brightness, compared to a dim cellar.

What I posted above is a starting point from where you may need to tweak further. But it eliminates a lot of problems that I came across during this whole testing and tweaking...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I meant D. Va's tip about using the iphone

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Another good place to calibrate your screen

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Yep, some good pics to help during adjustment.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I play with oculus rift so I don't use a screen, but TAD colors in a-10c are too bright thus making the gauge more difficult to read than in 1.5.8; changing gamma value ingame does not make a big difference. I think ED should do something to better calibrate default colors before 2.5 stable release.

Then your only chance is the controls modeled in the A-10C itself. Try adjusting brightness and contrast with the switches on the MFCD, can also adjust symbology brightness... At least you can reduce the vibrance a little bit.
Yeah, after spending a whole 30 seconds looking at the buttons, changing the contrast to my desired level works very nicely. Thanks for that tip, wouldn't have thought of it myself.

That, and massively reducing the brightness has really improved the image output.

THANKS!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro